Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-01-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Question which players will your team miss the most?

just wondering on which players' depature(graduating or going pro) will affect your team the most?

mine for Rutgers are
Brian Leonard-Beast- amazing versitile weapon who could block, run catch. Just amazing, put our program on the map

Clark Harris-TE- solid hands and a pretty good blocker. Reliable for Teel. Very good long snapper as well. Will be missed over the middle.

Devraun Thompson-MLB- leader of the LBs. Good hands for a LB and very solid tackler. Made some big plays- INT vs Louisville and Lavar-esque goal line stop(cant remember vs who though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

icantackleclaret hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm gunna go with QB Troy Smith.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.
icantackleclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I will miss:
Troy Smith the most
Ted Ginn the second most
Anthony Gonzalez the third most
and
Doug Datish
Antonio Pittman(not as much because of Beanie)
Quinn Pitcock
Old 04-01-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamarcus Russell - Leader of the Offense. Among the top Tiger QBs to ever put on the Gold and Purple.

LaRon Landry - Leader of the Defense. Ball Hawking safety that always seem to make big plays and be around the ball. One of the best, if not THEE best DB to play for LSU

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

^is that why Matt Flynn led LSU to beat Miami in the Peach Bowl?

For Cal its gotta be the guys we lost on defense.Lynch is a great RB but Cal can have an efficeint running game without him.HE was a great playmaker and will be missed but Cal can easily cope without him.Cal's offense relied more on Desean than on Lynch.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arron Sears - Our best offensive lineman, and it isn't even close. Gonna have to replace him at one OT spot with someone green. There's no way that whoever fills in can play at an AA-caliber level right away.

And the man in my sig, because all our returning WR's are virtually unproven, and we may be relying on a JUCO and a prep WR to step up and fill the void.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

probably jarrett but im not too concerned about it even though he was great

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leon Hall.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Michigan . . . David Harris and Leon Hall
Old 04-01-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ohio state

troy smith
teddy ginn
quinn pitcock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

auburn

ben grubbs and tim duckworth

others are serviceable

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Texas...Michael Griffin, Aaron Ross, Tim Crowder and Brian Robison. I didn't list the lineman, although they are very valuable, Texas always seems to get guys who can replace them quickly. Griffin is a true leader in the secondary and the swagger of their D rides in him. Ross is the playmaker and that spark will be missed. Crowder and Robison are just good team guys who've been starting together for a long time. And I still miss Vince.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Tigers60

Quote:
Devraun Thompson-MLB- leader of the LBs. Good hands for a LB and very solid tackler. Made some big plays- INT vs Louisville and Lavar-esque goal line stop(cant remember vs who though)
That was a great play by Thompson it was against Cinn and it was a perfect play.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Warren and Chad Schroeder

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jamarcus Russell
Dwayne Bowe
Craig Davis
LaRon Landry
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
heavyduty
Rookie

heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The U= Greg Olsen, was our best target on offence and with a poor receiver corp we will miss him even more.
"it won't change not one way how I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play." - Ray Lewis after being fined $20,000 for hit on Hines Ward

Let's Go BUFFALO!
heavyduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
VYTitans

for Miami I would have to say that we will miss Greg Olsen because he was a huge target for our offense and a consistent playmaker. Merriweather will definitly be hugely missed as will Beason as they carried our defense and led its swagger, no matter how many great players we have on defense this year it will not be the saame without their attitude. Also Atkins will be hugely issed because he was a huge contributer for our defense.

On the bright side though Shannon has said that Kenny Phillips has the mind of Ed Reed and the body of Sean Taylor!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hardest player to replace is going to be Olsen. Farr has been having a good spring though and we always have good TEs. Meriweather will be hard to replace at CB, but we are more than fine at safety. We are very deep at LB and while Beason will be missed guys like Cook and Gooden should step up next season. Losing Atkins won't be big since he got benched last season and Moncur will be able to replace him. Replacing Kareem Brown worries me some because Dixon and McCray aren't very proven.

1st is Olsen, 2nd is Brown because of the lack of experience and depth at DT.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
snuff

Carson Butler, Leon Hall, and David "the greatest football player ever" Harris.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Michigan it has to be Leon Hall and David Harris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Worm

Oregon State:

Defense: Sabby Piscitelli - He was the anchor of our secondary and a leader for the defense.
Offense: Matt Moore - Showed improvement from the year before, and demonstrated the ability to lead the team and perform in big games.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colorado:

J.J. Billingsley (S), Brian Daniels (OG)

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also Thaddaeus Washington (LB)

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

For Miami, I think it'd definately Jon Beason. Hands down. It's not even close. Beason embodies the traditional Miami player. He wasn't a top recruit coming out of high school. However he worked hard and turned himself into a good player. He played with the confidence and attitude that the dominating Miami teams would always play with. He is a prime example of the type of player Miami builds it's winning programs on. I don't on attitude and work ethic alone, he will be the one we miss more then any.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

obviously drew tate is the biggest loss simply because for the past 4 years he has been our only QB so hopefully christensen can step it up...other than that we have no glaring losses...we lost some OL but we have good enough linemen to fill in...losing merrick and paschal is going to hurt too because of their experience and the fact our secondary pretty much blows but hopefully shada and godfrey step up and stop playing with themselves instead of covering WRs and then our safeties don't have to make up for their mistakes as much...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote