Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-01-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default A WR in the first?

I have seen this in several mock drafts. How do you all feel about this. I am iffy on this, I wont go on a killing spree but I think there will be better options. I mean unless we don't think Mason has anything left I don't really agree with it. I think it would be better if we go elsewere and we can slide Heap to WR and bring in Wilcox who isn't a bad TE.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont agree at all. unless its a huge talent and it is the BPA, but i think we are set at wr overall.

plus clarence moore is about to have his 1500 yard break out season. also he will have 25 td, RED ZONE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We already have 2 future studs on the roster. I think that we can draft a 3rd Wideout in the later rounds like round 4 or 5. We can probably get someone like Dallas Baker, Steve Breatson and Jacoby Jones.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

i have no interest in a 1st round wide receiver unless my boy ted ginn jr. freefalls to 29. he would be an incredible steal and he would electrify our offense and special teams.

assuming ginn is off the board by our pick, the type of receiver i think we need to look at is a possession type in the later rounds. david ball from new hampshire in round 6 would be my ideal pick. i also like matt trannon out of michigan state, and chansi stuckey from clemson. anyone of those 3 on day 2 would be great picks in my opinion.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, we could, but we'd just be loading up at one position. I've seen players like Dwayne Bowe, Ted Ginn and Dwayne Jarrett all go to us at 29. I like Bowe the most, as he reminds me of Anquan Boldin, and Jarrett would be good in our WCO, but we have more glaring needs right now. We do need another receiver, but a 4th receiver, not a #1. If we did draft one, it pretty much guarentees Mason's release/trade. And we don't really know if DWilliams can be a #2, right now, most everything we say about him being a young stud or future #2 is all speculative. I wouldn't be completely upset if the pick was made, but I'd rather have our picks used elsewhere. But I do love a Bowe/Clayton/Williams combo, that would be great. And to Ravens1991, I'm not sure if you meant it this way, but there's no way Heap could ever be a full time wideout and Wilcox cannot be a full time TE. He is an H-back, and that really is the only effective way to get him on the field.

Random Question - What are the chances that we trade down to the top/middle section of round 2? I really like the value there, and the player's grades are somewhat similar to the ones that that are in our range. Most of the guards fall in this area, and so does my "ideal pick of right now, Tank Tyler. Right now, that 25-40 range all seems to be in a jumble and maybe the range extends further into round 2.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that heap couldn't be a full time WR I mean on some plays line him up at WR.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I know that heap couldn't be a full time WR I mean on some plays line him up at WR.
I figured you meant so, but just to clarify.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Random Question - What are the chances that we trade down to the top/middle section of round 2? I really like the value there, and the player's grades are somewhat similar to the ones that that are in our range. Most of the guards fall in this area, and so does my "ideal pick of right now, Tank Tyler. Right now, that 25-40 range all seems to be in a jumble and maybe the range extends further into round 2.
America man I am 100% with you on Tank Tyler. He's become my favorite pick for the Ravens right now, followed closely by Joe Staley. The ideal situation would be to trade down into the 35-40 range and hope Tank is there, but I'm completely content with staying at 29 and grabbing him. Hopefully the Saints don't nab him at 27. He'd be great for us.

And should Tank be off the board, Anthony Spencer, Charles Johnson, Ben Grubbs, and Aaron Sears are also options if we were to trade down.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Dwayne Bowe or Robert Meachem drops to us we jump on them, Jarrett I prolly wouldn't touch depending on who is there.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
America man I am 100% with you on Tank Tyler. He's become my favorite pick for the Ravens right now, followed closely by Joe Staley. The ideal situation would be to trade down into the 35-40 range and hope Tank is there, but I'm completely content with staying at 29 and grabbing him. Hopefully the Saints don't nab him at 27. He'd be great for us.

And should Tank be off the board, Anthony Spencer, Charles Johnson, Ben Grubbs, and Aaron Sears are also options if we were to trade down.
Good to see that. Charles Johnson is another guy I'm really high on. He's a project for our scheme right now, but also the perfect weapon. He's got a similar shape to Adalius, although he's not as fast, and could potentially play LB and make a Jarret Johnson type transition, or do what I think would be better for him and become Trevor Pryce's protege. True he's really lacking bulk but we've shown we can use small DE's in our 3-4 with Pryce, Douglas and Weaver. He only needs to get to that 285 range max and he can be an effective versitile player because he could switch in and out of formations going from 3-4 WDE to 4-3 SDE with relative ease. I'd be really excited if we took him because he has a lot of strengths that are necessary for our defense.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Ted Ginn Jr. is at #29 I think you gotta take him, he is gonna be awesome not just as a WR but as a return man, and for anyone who thinks B.J. Sams is great TG would put him to shame. Ted Ginn is Devin Hester but unlike Hester Ginn will actually be able to contribute in other areas than just KR/PR, gotta take Ginn if he is there IMO. Not to mention we don't have a player on the team with the speed and explosiveness of Ginn, so long story short I'd be happy with it if it was Ginn other than him not so much.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Of course the Ravens have to entertain the idea of drafting a WR at #29. If a guy like Ginn or Bowe fall to us, we need to jump on them. They have too much talent to pass up.

This is a moot point if a stud DE like Moss or OL like Staley are there.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troj2man View Post
Of course the Ravens have to entertain the idea of drafting a WR at #29. If a guy like Ginn or Bowe fall to us, we need to jump on them. They have too much talent to pass up.

This is a moot point if a stud DE like Moss or OL like Staley are there.

Or Brown. The Ravens are a BPA squad. Don't you forget it.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been an advocate of drafting a WR for a while. There is tons of value there, Id love to have Ginn, Meachem, Bowe, and even Jarrett to compliment Clayton and Williams. Ginn would be my first choice, the guy is a flat out play maker.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 29th pick in the 1st round of the 2007 NFL Draft, The Baltimore Ravens select Robert Meachem, WR from the University of Tennessee.

That statement for me would be and orgasmic experience! :D I mean I see this boy being a monster and Kyle will need a more physical receiver in the future. ;)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
With the 29th pick in the 1st round of the 2007 NFL Draft, The Baltimore Ravens select Robert Meachem, WR from the University of Tennessee.

That statement for me would be and orgasmic experience! :D I mean I see this boy being a monster and Kyle will need a more physical receiver in the future. ;)
Id be happy with that. I think Meachem is the 2nd best WR in this draft.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Meachem is definitely the guy behind Johnson on the charts IMO. We need to get more explosive on offense to match the defense and I believe Meachem is a guy to help us get there.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
If Ted Ginn Jr. is at #29 I think you gotta take him, he is gonna be awesome not just as a WR but as a return man, and for anyone who thinks B.J. Sams is great TG would put him to shame. Ted Ginn is Devin Hester but unlike Hester Ginn will actually be able to contribute in other areas than just KR/PR, gotta take Ginn if he is there IMO. Not to mention we don't have a player on the team with the speed and explosiveness of Ginn, so long story short I'd be happy with it if it was Ginn other than him not so much.
I can totally see Ozzie jumping at this but I just can't see him falling to #29 even though his stock has been dropping. I can't see a team like NE or NO letting him get past them. If we were to get Ginn that would incredible and to have him as a return man and 3rd/4th receiver would be great plus don't forget he came to OSU as a CB so the potential for him to be a nickelback in the NFL is a possibility. To put someone like that behind Clayton and DWill would be great...

Then the problem would be how do we market Mason to a potential suitor to get either another pick or someone on the OL that can play RT for us...do something like trade veteran for veteran:
Mason to San Fran for Larry Allen (could step in and solidify the RG spot for us and give us a road grader for McGhee) but be tempting to San Fran to have a proven WR for Alex Smith...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Yeah lets trade Derrick Mason, our veteran WR who is a leader, for Larry Allen who is OLD and would basically be a slap in the face to the play of Chris Chester not to mention the fact that Vincent wasn't that bad and oh yeah San Fran has this guy by the name of Frank Gore so I don't see the 49ers messing with their offensive line not to mention we need to continue to build from within and not acquire aging players!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BigDawg819 : 04-02-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
couldn't have put it any better.