Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
SomethingAboutFB
Rookie

SomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas

I don't see a thread for him so I'm starting one. If there is one already please direct me to it so i can delete this one.

The size speed, and strength is there, but does anyone else thinks his start up speed is (meaning his acceleration) is slower than usual? Also, he has this quirky drifting in his first step.

The ability to play slot at his size is amazing, lol, but not necessarily a plus for him in the pros

Thoughts?
SomethingAboutFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:33 AM    (permalink
JustisM
Rookie

JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember watching Tyler Wilson and thinking that he dropped a lot of passes TBH.
JustisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustisM View Post
I remember watching Tyler Wilson and thinking that he dropped a lot of passes TBH.
He drops like every other pass that gets thrown to him.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:09 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He literally is Torrey Smith. And while his habit of body catching is disturbing, Smith has shown that he can drastically improve in that area so to can Hamilton if he puts in the work. He isn't as fast as Smith with top end speed but I like his release better and I think he runs crisper routes and a more diverse tree than Smith did at Maryland. Solid 2nd round pick for me.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
SomethingAboutFB
Rookie

SomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
He literally is Torrey Smith. And while his habit of body catching is disturbing, Smith has shown that he can drastically improve in that area so to can Hamilton if he puts in the work. He isn't as fast as Smith with top end speed but I like his release better and I think he runs crisper routes and a more diverse tree than Smith did at Maryland. Solid 2nd round pick for me.

Hmm, Isn't that where Torrey was drafted? Did Torrey have a bad release?
I for one am not a fan of his first step
Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drops McGee.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't take any more bad talking my guy. He has a great release off the line and gets into routes sharply. He's adept at catching on the run but has enough lateral quickness to make you miss in space. The occasional drop but he also makes acrobatic catches look routine. His skill set is very Julio like but he's not as physically imposing. He's like a stronger Denarius Moore. DeAndre Hopkins is a similar guy I also like but getting a ton of buzz after his season and bowl game and generally considered higher then Hamilton. Compare the two with one of their better games against top competition.

Hopkins' routes are more polished but Hamilton is clearly more explosive. Hopkins reminds me of Nate Burleson - a sure #2 who can make clutch catches. Hamilton has more to work with though and a bigger upside, making him a potential #1.

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
SomethingAboutFB
Rookie

Haha, not trying to bad mouth your dude here. I mean Phin fans are giving Hamilton a hard look, and I can say that he is definitely not afraid of going in the middle and fight for the catch.

But I dont see this great release everyone is talking about. Most good WR that i see just goes forward after the ball has been snapped, and Hopkins gives a good illustration of that (Thx to your vid). When the ball is snapped I expect the WR to go forward or try to do some fake moves.

For Hamilton (most seem to play off, so they are respecting his speed), he flails his arms and takes a while before he reaches his top speed.