Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2nd Tier OTs

I see number of threads about what appear to be 2nd tier OT prospects.

I am wondering if we should combine the discussion and see how people rank them.

Oday Aboushi
Lane Johnson
D.J Fluker
Dallas Thomas
Xavier Nixon
Brennan Williams
Kyle Long
Brian Winters
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:14 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
I see number of threads about what appear to be 2nd tier OT prospects.

I am wondering if we should combine the discussion and see how people rank them.

Oday Aboushi
Lane Johnson
D.J Fluker
Dallas Thomas
Xavier Nixon
Brennan Williams
Kyle Long
Brian Winters
Just my opinion, but these are all 3rd teir guys.

Personally i think Joeckel is in his own class on the first teir. Not that he's a Jake Long/Joe Thomas etc type talent, just that he's the best in the class.

In the 2nd teir i got Fisher leading the pack, with Matthews and Lewan after him.

2rd teir is most of the guys you mentioned, big gap though between Aboushi, Thomas and the rest of them.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure what tier he is but Kyle Long will be making an NFL team very happy for the next ten years. Sounds like he could get another year at Oregon.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is the Central Michigan kid Fischer considered first tier? This has potential to be a real deep OT class especially if both Matthews and Joeckel declare.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
is the Central Michigan kid Fischer considered first tier? This has potential to be a real deep OT class especially if both Matthews and Joeckel declare.
I think he's REAL close to it. The only thing that concerns me with him is his height, one of the few real tall guys that looks great in space. Reminds me of Nate Solder, but more physical and heavier hands.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Fisher in the first round, maybe top 25 if he has a stellar Senior Bowl and combine. I agree with the Nate Solder comparison, but I think Fisher is more polished. There are also a lot of guys who could move to guard. DJ Fluker and Dallas Thomas might make much better guards.
Oday Aboushi might go from underrated to overrated depending on the draft process. I think Aboushi is solid all-around, we will have to see how he handles himself in the Senior Bowl.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do people think of Justin Pugh from Syracuse?
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aboushi, whom I think I like from the albeit little I've seen of him, reminds me quite a bit of (a leaner) Derrick Sherrod. Athletic, good-not-great pass pro, and a positional run blocker better at sealing you off from the play rather than knocking you out. -edit: Even more so William Beatty

And from the same class, Fisher seems more like Anthony Costanzo than Solder. Stiff but still athletic and physical.

Interested in Brian Winters. Maybe an Oneil Cousins type tackle/guard? I'd like him at tackle fwiw.

Thoughts?

Last edited by HeavyLeggedWaistBender : 12-03-2012 at 08:59 PM.
HeavyLeggedWaistBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
dmoneyrockin
Rookie

dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This class is loaded with athletic projects with guys like Winters, Long, and Reid Fragel. They are all a little bit raw but with top notch physical ability to turn into elite level LTs. These guys will all go higher than they should based on that.
dmoneyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Tier 1

1. Luke Joekyl
2. Taylor Lewan
3. Jake Matthews
4. Eric Fisher

Tier 2

5. Lane Johnson
6. Dallas Thomas
7. Justin Pugh
8. Oday Aboushi
9. D.J Fluker
10. Brian Winters