Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF View Post
Glad to see they postponed today's game.
We better get a sweep against the Royals this weekend. After the way we let them beat us up at the end of 2006, we owe it to them.

I wonder if Leyland will skip Chad Durbin's spot in the rotation? And go right on to Bondo . . .
Old 04-05-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
We better get a sweep against the Royals this weekend. After the way we let them beat us up at the end of 2006, we owe it to them.

I wonder if Leyland will skip Chad Durbin's spot in the rotation? And go right on to Bondo . . .
http://www.mlive.com/sportsflash/mic...michigansports

Quote:
Both teams shifted their pitching rotations because of the postponement. The Blue Jays will start Gustavo Chacin, Tomo Ohka and Roy Halladay in Tampa Bay, while the Tigers have Verlander, Mike Maroth and Jeremy Bonderman going against the Royals.
Looks like I can answer my own question, lol.

Durbin is getting skipped over. Good call
Old 04-05-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad Durbin is getting skipped. While I think he'll be alright in filling in for Rogers, winning our divisional games is the most important thing. I'm happy with this move, although honestly I've always been an advocate of going back to a 4 man rotation anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to see Verlander pitch tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I'm excited to see Verlander pitch tomorrow.
Me too, I am counting on him in Fantasy Baseball . . .
Old 04-05-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Me too, I am counting on him in Fantasy Baseball . . .
Hah the Royals get Dice K and Verlander back to back. Poor guys. :)
Old 04-06-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Verlanders numbers will be ever so slightly down, but I think his k's and k/9 will be up quite a bit from last year. Plus I see 17-21 wins out of him again this year. In terms of fantasy baseball, he should be very good. I actually think Bonderman will end up having a better fantasy season though.

Quote:

Old 04-06-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Royals are going down tonight!

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SO what are you guys prediction for the Tigers this year?
Most homers-Sheffield
Most stolen Bases- Grandy
Most Wins-Bonderman
Best Batting %-Polanco
Most RBIs-Guillen
Old 04-06-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This bullpen is haunting me so far this season.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

We suck . . . I was praying for Verlander to get me a victory for my fantasy team, lol.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Jose Mesa looks like a keeper.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

wow........

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We lost to the effin royals, omg
Old 04-07-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Go Blue
Rookie

Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.

Mags sucks!!!

HE doesnt give enough effort in right. Pulled up short twice last night.

sig by Pacific
Go Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue View Post
Mags sucks!!!

HE doesnt give enough effort in right. Pulled up short twice last night.
Maybe we should switch Maggs and Gary. Just to test it out.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Sheff hits his first homerun on the only game that isn't on TV this month. GRRRRR!
Old 04-07-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I'm telling you, Mags is awful in RF. Absolutely no range out there. He's going to cost us runs and wins this year. And honestly, we relied on the long ball to win last year. If we're getting guys on base ahead of those HR's, it could be a long year.

Quote:

Old 04-07-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Tjis team's strengths last year, were starting pitching, the bullpen, defense, and power. So far, the starters have done well, outside of Maroth's outing today, and the power still seems to be their. But if the bullpen and defense don't start to get it together, we could have problems. This team wasn't retooled to play a different type of ball, so we need to win the same way we did last year. But it's early, we just need to take the last game and win the series.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 04-07-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Now that's more like it. Pudge is our savior.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Too bad Bondo couldn't get the win today. I didn't see the game but it looks like he led the fort pretty well. Big knock by Pudge though. Winning the series is all that matters.

Quote:

Old 04-08-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

PUDGE baby. It feels so dirty stealing wins from the Royals.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
PUDGE baby. It feels so dirty stealing wins from the Royals.
The Royals are going to be much improved this year. They should still finish last in the tough Central division, but they're a team on the upswing.

Quote:

Old 04-09-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Go Blue
Rookie

Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.

Quote:
Maybe we should switch Maggs and Gary. Just to test it out.
Id say at least give it a try, it cant get much worse.................can it??

sig by Pacific
Go Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I'm starting to rethink my "Durbin should be alright until Rogers gets back" idea.....

Quote: