Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-09-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheffield has been completely unimpressive thus far.

And I think it's time to give Infante a start at 3B . . . Inge is killing us.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I;m not much of a fan of Infante. I agree with you Inge has been a black hole so far at the bottom of the order. But he's also far superior defensively at third to Infante. And IMO, with our staff mostly not being huge K guys, and stocked with lefties, Inge's defense is tremendously important at third. I'm still confident Inge will turn it around and end up around 20+ HR's. And with the Gold Glove caliber D he plays, I'd be happy with that. However, if he hasn't truned it around by the end of the month(at least over .200) then yes, I'd certainly say give Infante, a shot. Hell, I'd give Kody Kirkland a shot if it gets to that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I;m not much of a fan of Infante. I agree with you Inge has been a black hole so far at the bottom of the order. But he's also far superior defensively at third to Infante. And IMO, with our staff mostly not being huge K guys, and stocked with lefties, Inge's defense is tremendously important at third. I'm still confident Inge will turn it around and end up around 20+ HR's. And with the Gold Glove caliber D he plays, I'd be happy with that. However, if he hasn't truned it around by the end of the month(at least over .200) then yes, I'd certainly say give Infante, a shot. Hell, I'd give Kody Kirkland a shot if it gets to that point.
Well obviously Inge is a great defensive 3B and he will turn it around, I just think Leyland needs to use his bench more (namely Infante) and perhaps light a fire under Inge to do something. It's been 6 games without a hit!
Old 04-09-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Well obviously Inge is a great defensive 3B and he will turn it around, I just think Leyland needs to use his bench more (namely Infante) and perhaps light a fire under Inge to do something. It's been 6 games without a hit!
I'm with you there, and I agree about using the bench. I hated the way Tram used to do it, where he'd sit ALL of our regulars on the same day, and it was like every third game you'd see like Pudge, Guillen, and like Ordonez on the bench, but I wish Leyland would use the bench a little more often too.

Quote:

Old 04-09-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I'm with you there, and I agree about using the bench. I hated the way Tram used to do it, where he'd sit ALL of our regulars on the same day, and it was like every third game you'd see like Pudge, Guillen, and like Ordonez on the bench, but I wish Leyland would use the bench a little more often too.
Oh God, I know what you mean with Trammel. We might as well have forfeited those days.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh God, I know what you mean with Trammel. We might as well have forfeited those days.
That's what I always thought. You know, I supported Tram most of the time, and I still believe he should be in the HOF. But he used to kill me with his day off schedule for the regulars and the way he used the bullpen. But I have to give it to him, he and Bob Cluck actually did predict that 2006 would be the year the staff really came together and started winning games for this team, and they were right. But still, I'm extremely happy with Leyland.

Quote:

Old 04-09-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Leyland def needs to go to the bench more, especially for Inge, but its onyl 6 games in so i can understand him trying to get his starters some sort of rythym to begin the season, obviously Inge didnt get the memo.

And what the hell was the Dud by Durbin today? Where's Miner/Ledezma/Miller? we have so many quality pitchers to fill rogers' spot but for some reason we gave this bum a shot. I say ledezma should get the next start and if he fails it may be time to give Miller a shot.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

ThEvIcTR hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Sheffield has been completely unimpressive thus far.

And I think it's time to give Infante a start at 3B . . . Inge is killing us.

You can't be serious.

IT IS APRIL!

Lets look at what Inge did in 2005 and we will really see if you would rather start infante (Which is such a terrible thing to even think of.)

Lead all American League third basmen in these categories.

Assists: 378
Double Plays: 41
Errors: 23

His hitting needs improvement but there is no way we can take him off the 3 bag.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w
ThEvIcTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEvIcTR View Post
You can't be serious.

IT IS APRIL!

Lets look at what Inge did in 2005 and we will really see if you would rather start infante (Which is such a terrible thing to even think of.)

Lead all American League third basmen in these categories.

Assists: 378
Double Plays: 41
Errors: 23

His hitting needs improvement but there is no way we can take him off the 3 bag.
Clearly you haven't read much of this thread . . .

I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT INGE BE BENCHED IN FAVOR OF INFANTE. I WANT LEYLAND TO START INFANTE AT THIRD FOR ONE GAME.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
Leyland def needs to go to the bench more, especially for Inge, but its onyl 6 games in so i can understand him trying to get his starters some sort of rythym to begin the season, obviously Inge didnt get the memo.

And what the hell was the Dud by Durbin today? Where's Miner/Ledezma/Miller? we have so many quality pitchers to fill rogers' spot but for some reason we gave this bum a shot. I say ledezma should get the next start and if he fails it may be time to give Miller a shot.
Miller has pitched one minor league game that lasted 5 innings. You want to risk ruining his development based on 1, or possibly 2 starts by Durbin or Ledezma? Give the kid some time, let him learn in the minors for at least a season with a possible late season call up. When he was drafted, it was widely acknowledged that he had a lot of work to do on his change up. Sounds very similiar to Jeremy Bonderman. Now, I love Bonderman, but I would wager that had he spent another year or two in the minors refining that change up against weaker hitters instead of trying to learn it at the major league level, he'd be dominating right now, rather than simply looking to have his "breakout year" We have other young pitchers at this point that can fill in, ie Tata, Jurrjens, etc. Plus, IT'S ONE START! Can we wait until after the first freaking week of the season before we start panicking? Let Durbin have a couple starts. Hell, Miner looked lights out when he first came up, and then the league caught up with him. For all we know, Durbin will settle down, and do well. Give the guy a chance.

Quote:

Old 04-10-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Tigers were lucky to win this one. If not for that error on Roberts . . . hmm
Old 04-10-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Nate Rob pitched a really good game though, and Grandy and Polanco keep rolling. Guillen's starting to come around as well. Pudge wasn't great tonight, but he's been solid. Everyone else has been pretty much "meh" or worse. As you said before X, Sheffield hasn't done a thing so far.

Quote:

Old 04-10-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neifi Perez hits- 1
Brandon Inge hits- 0

Such a wonderful thing to know. I'm sure Inge will come around I just like pointing that out.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chances that Grandy makes all star game? And a wins a win!!
Old 04-11-2007, 06:58 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Chances that Grandy makes all star game? And a wins a win!!
Leyland is the AL All-Star Manager, so you can expect a lot of Tigers in the game . . . I'm thinking Polanco, Granderson, Bonderman, and Nate Robertson as a surprise pick?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

And yet shockingly, we're all still here and the world hasn't ended despite the existence of this thread...................................weird.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 04-11-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Leyland is the AL All-Star Manager, so you can expect a lot of Tigers in the game . . . I'm thinking Polanco, Granderson, Bonderman, and Nate Robertson as a surprise pick?
I'm thinking by All Star time he'll reasonably be able to take Granderson, Guillen, Bonderman, and possibly Nate. If not Nate, then possibly Verlander, since he kind of got shafted(a little) last season.

Quote:

Old 04-11-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grandy and Grady will battle it out for the All Star Game. Although I think positions aren't taken into account for the All Star Game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Unfortunately, they aren't. And I'm pretty much banking that Granderson doesn't get near enough votes to be voted on. IMO Granderson will have to be a managers selection to get on. Most fans are casual fans, and just vote for the names they know, which is why every year you see Suzuki, Ramirez, and Vlad as the starters. Also the reason you always see a bunch of Yankees and Red Sox, because that's who ESPN covers the most, thus the names people hear the most. Not to say those teams don't have great players however. There's a reason they always do well after all. The overall point being a player has to get his name out there and well known to be voted on. Sizemore is a well known player at this point IMO, which gives him a leg up. Despite playing on a World Series team, I don't believe Granderson is thought of yet as a top young player. After this year, I believe he will be though.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 04-11-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Craig with the grand slam! :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Icon

Tigers offense has been really dissapointing this year. Brandon Inge cant even put the ball in play. I much prefer Inge in the role of utility guy who can play every position for you. I honestly think last years power numbers were a fluke and hell never finish near 30 hr again in his career
Old 04-11-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
Tigers offense has been really dissapointing this year. Brandon Inge cant even put the ball in play. I much prefer Inge in the role of utility guy who can play every position for you. I honestly think last years power numbers were a fluke and hell never finish near 30 hr again in his career
Agreed on Inge. I never like the idea of locking him in as our third baseman of the future by signing him to that big extention.

On a side note, you wanna make a trade Icon?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Icon

Ya, shoot one over
Old 04-11-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Borquin is on his way. :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Smile

Brandon Inge got another hit