Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-12-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandons home run was a bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now this is more like it Inge.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jose Mesa sucks. That is all.

Quote:

Old 04-14-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like Brandon Inge is officially out of his slump.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great come from behind win!!
Old 04-14-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea that was a great win shows what they can do when they pull them selves together and are patient at the plate
Old 04-14-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's time for Zach Miner to come back and start. He may have struggled at times last year, but he's a hell of a lot better than Chad Durbin. Ah I forgot Miner was struggling in Toledo, so there's a no win situation when it comes to the 5th starter damnit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I think it's time for Zach Miner to come back and start. He may have struggled at times last year, but he's a hell of a lot better than Chad Durbin. Ah I forgot Miner was struggling in Toledo, so there's a no win situation when it comes to the 5th starter damnit.
I'd like em to give Ledezma a shot. He had two starts last year i think and did well. Plus another lefty starter never hurt.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post
I'd like em to give Ledezma a shot. He had two starts last year i think and did well. Plus another lefty starter never hurt.
Ledezma would be my first choice for the starting position if it weren't for the fact that it would leave Bobby Seay as the only lefty out of the bullpen, and I really don't want that to happen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-14-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring Miner back. He is better than Durbin.

Nice comeback today. Good to see Infante finally get into a game.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if miner can't hold it down, i'd like to see jordan tata become our fifth starter. for everyone who says we should bring up andrew miller, i should back-hand you right now because bringin the kid up too early will wreck his career and we can't mortgage something so high on a couple of months of the season
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul View Post
if miner can't hold it down, i'd like to see jordan tata become our fifth starter. for everyone who says we should bring up andrew miller, i should back-hand you right now because bringin the kid up too early will wreck his career and we can't mortgage something so high on a couple of months of the season
Agreed . . . we don't need to have a stud as our 5th starter, just someone who can go out there every 5th day and not assure us a loss. That's what Durbin is doing for us now. Get Miner in there.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tata is injured miner is struggling idk what to do
Old 04-15-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hmm maybe J.J.?? maybe dennis tankersly?

*on a side note, i found it interesting that they converted Eulogio De La Cruz into a starter, i remember him as a whitecap being the closer and throwing close to 100
Old 04-15-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul View Post
hmm maybe J.J.?? maybe dennis tankersly?

*on a side note, i found it interesting that they converted Eulogio De La Cruz into a starter, i remember him as a whitecap being the closer and throwing close to 100
The Tigers have tried to do that every year with de la Cruz, which honestly, I don't understand. He has basically one pitch, his very good fastball. He improved his breaking ball, but not to the level you'd want out of a starter, and he has no third pitch. Every year the Tigers try and put him in the rotation. And every year he pitches poorly, they move him to the bullpen, and he does very well. This guy could be a very good set up man in the future, but the Tigers seem intent on making him a starter.

Quote:

Old 04-15-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

doesn't make much sense does it? with the way things are looking right now we have all kinds of arms in the farm our rotation could look like this later on

Bonderman
Verlander
Miller
Tata
Jair Jurrgens

relief:
Zumaya closer
De la cruz/rodney setup
Sleeth Middle relief

plus we have french and trahern 2 guys i got to see alot of and i like. i have the luxury of living a block away from Low class A Whitecaps so i get to see all of these guys early. not only that but we have Maybin, Larish, Giarratano, Clevlen, Kirkland, and my second favorite player in their farm Wilken Rameriz.... if this guy can cut down on the K's he will be dominate. Needless to say the future looks very bright for the tigers
Old 04-15-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

meh, I'd prefer(and Baseball America projects) our rotation to look like:

Verlander
Miller
Bonderman
Robertson
Jurrjens

I prefer Robertson over Tata, and in your rotation we'd only have one lefty. I think the Tigers would trade one of our pitching prospects or move one to the bullpen before they'd go with an unbalanced rotation.

Quote:

Old 04-18-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'm really tired of seeing the Tigers blow Bondo's starts.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-18-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I was about to say, Bondo can't buy a win right now. What a time for Jones first blown save of the season.

Quote:

Old 04-18-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Go Blue
Rookie

Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.

Bonderman sure looked good today. Jones F ed it up badly today.

Why was Thames starting in right? Did they finally get tired of Mags?

sig by Pacific
Go Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

i think it was mag's day off, needless to say we need to give sheff a day off when is he going to turn it around?? if we are going to keep playing him, get him outta that 3 hole we need to maybe move polanco or pudge down to the 3 so we can get some production, i know polanco ain't a power hitter but we all know how he plays. we should do this

Granderson
Polanco/Pudge
Pudge/Polanco
Ordonez
Carlos
Sheff
Casey
Monroe
Inge

isn't it funny that when baseball tonight gives Jones his props, he blows his next game?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im surprised it took this long for Jones to blow a save.

Whats wrong with Fernando Rodney, he hasnt pitched all to well all year, injuries...fatigue?

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Yeah, that game sucked. I watched the first 8 innings, and listened to the rest on the radio on my way to work . . .
Old 04-18-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for Bondo!! He has pitched great all year and he hasnt got a win. Thats ridiculous.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
I feel bad for Bondo!! He has pitched great all year and he hasnt got a win. Thats ridiculous.
He's got robertson-disease from last year, no run support

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote