Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Put my dog down

Not trying to be depressing but that was the most awful thing ever. I've lost some family and friends in various ways but this was at least just as difficult. We got her when I was in kindergarten and I just graduated from college, she lived a long happy life but holy **** am I going to miss her. Can't remember life without her. My parents went through a bad divorce and along with other trials and tribulations (relationships, deaths, life in general) she was always there. That is what everyone agrees is the hardest part, dogs are always there for you and she was no different. Left work early today and stayed with her all day just layed on the floor and watched TV for a few hours before bringing her to the vet. Can't even think about getting another dog since I've had her my whole life.

Sad, but that dog was a blessing. I will miss her terribly but can't say how happy I was to have her in my life. Can honestly say she was family to me and I will always remember her.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You made her life awesome and you will always have those memories. Be thankful for that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know what you're going through. I lost my cat a couple years ago, but I had him for 15 years. I grew up with him always being around and I still miss him like crazy to this day.

You are going to be sad for a while, but you had a best friend for a long time and so did she. You helped give her a great life and while it does really suck, remember the good times and be glad that you got to have a friend like her for as long as you did.

Now I'm all sad. I miss Sidney. :(

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry man... I hate most people but I love pretty much every dog so I can understand being close.

Its no hidden fact how much I love my dog and I cannot imagine ever having to do that despite knowing that one day (hopefully in the distant future) its going to happen.

People always says "Mans best friend" but the fact is that most people don't understand how important a dog can be to a person. They are always there for you through thick and thin... They can be the biggest asshole, **** all over and destroy your **** but you can't stay mad at them.

I recently had a loss in my family as well and the only thing I could think about while away was how I wished I could be back home with my pup. I wish you the best of luck man. At least she isn't going to be suffering any more.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lost my dog of 11 years just a couple of days before my first Christmas in college. I'm actually pretty stoic but I bawled that first day. Just stay strong. The first few days are the toughest. After that you'll basically just remember the good times and smile.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry Man. My Grandparents had to put down their dog this past summer. I grew up with that dog and would always hang out with him when I visited. It's some emotional stuff especially when start to think about all the time you spent with your dog.
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry to hear that, man. I've never seen my sister sadder than she was when she put down her cat.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry man. I've lost two dogs in my life and it upset me just as much as when I lost my grandfather. They truly are like your family and friends but even more dependable because no matter what, they're always there for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is one of the only times when a man is allowed to cry.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I appreciate the words guys all of that is true and means a lot. Looking through old pictures right now and I think I might have to hold off On the pics til tomorrow. Too much too soon. Going to be the first time I wake up in the morning and know I don't have my dog back at my house in mass since I was 5, time to get blackout. Won't help but worth a shot.

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been there man, it's a tough thing to go through. Sorry to hear it
Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know how you feel man, my dog died right after I finished college and I agree with many of you, that loss was probably the hardest I've ever had to deal with. I still have her collar on my desk. Stay strong man, sorry for your loss.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never gets any easier. Just went through a bad stretch where I had 2 of my dogs put down within the span of a year. One of them was a few months from being 16, so while it was hard....it's at least re-assuring that he lived a full life(for a dog). Our other dog was tougher, though. Was only 10 years old and in the span of like 3 weeks his health greatly deteriorated out of the blue. He had anemia, we got a blood transfusion done but sadly it didn't take. Turned out he had bone marrow cancer. Just sucked that he was completely fine and healthy one day and then in a few weeks it was over just like that and he was gone
Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry to hear this, chief. I think any guy here who has had to do the same to a childhood dog understands where you are at.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry to hear Don Vito, I just went through the same thing this fall, it sucks, and its rough, and there's nothing you can do about it sometimes. All I can say is it does get better, but hoping your dealing with everything ok for now.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks bro. I'm sorry for your loss. I've lost a number of dogs which is probably part of the reason I don't want one now.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your dog lived for a long time. Sorry for your loss. What kind of dog was it?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:54 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Toy fox terrier, shelter dog too

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Condolences. Losing a dog sucks and is at least on par with losing extended family. Those who've never owned a dog won't understand.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel your pain. It was on me to take our family dog to the vet to be put down a few years ago. One of the saddest days of my life. I'll never forget the face he made looking back at me before they led him to the back. I went home and cried like a ***** all day long. Tearing up right now remembering it.

With a family of my own now, I'm really not sure I want my kids going through that. At the same time, dogs are an awesome way to teach responsibility and how to tend to the needs of someone other than yourself. My wife and I gave our dog to my sister before my little girl was born and we kind of want her back now.

Sympathy and prayers for peace about your decision from my way. It's never easy making the decision to take the life of another living thing. It won't go away, but you'll start to remember all the crazy stuff she did and it'll bring smiles to your face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote