Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-01-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default David Bowens

I know this is kind of late but what is everyones take on him?
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

ok, I'm sort of tired of locking threads, so I'll let this one stay open for now, however, unless it's a) news of some sort (injury, trade, signing, even an interview) b) about a big name player, or c) something that may need its own poll, it really could be posted in the Team Discussion.

Seeing as this thread will probably get ten posts, and then fall to nothing.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Stop hating. It's not like anyone post here anyway.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Stop hating. It's not like anyone post here anyway.
I think if the word hating is used in a thread it should automatically be locked...

Anyways, that's the point. If no one posts here, we shouldn't be creating extra space. I mean, people complain about not having avatars, but then go and create about 10 extra thread per day that don't have any purpose...
Old 04-03-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I really don't care. I was trying to strike up some conversation.

Whats your opinion on all of these sub forums? You like or no?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

People should make any kind of thread they want and it should be up to the users if they want to respond.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:21 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by El$anDollah View Post
People should make any kind of thread they want and it should be up to the users if they want to respond.
No, they shouldn't. What's the point of having a main discussion if every thought that you have gets made into a thread that will have 2 posts in it and just eat up space? If it wasn't for my saying how this should be locked, this thread would still have ZERO replies.

Once again, people want to complain about how we can't have av's, but then they go and make threads that serve no real purpose and just take up space.

Alex, I like the subforum, because when there's news of a small signing, it doesn't work in the main NFL forum, but it's also nice for it to have its own thread. The Team Discussion boards help to serve that purpose. However, once again, the main thread still exists, and there is no reason why each individual thought should have its own thread when there will be 1-2 posts about it, and then it dies off.

Honestly, that's why I didn't lock this... because I knew no one would care.

Edit* It's also nice for topics that obviously will be discussed, and take up a couple pages, but won't hijack the team thread. ex, mock drafts, madden ratings, etc.

Last edited by frogstomp : 04-04-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

Dude, you're limiting this board to only talk about the Jets and that kind of sucks. You go into the other team forums and they talk about stuff outside of football. You established all these ****** rules that no one wants to follow. Maybe Jet fans have other interests outside of football that they want to talk about.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Dude, you're limiting this board to only talk about the Jets and that kind of sucks. You go into the other team forums and they talk about stuff outside of football. You established all these ****** rules that no one wants to follow. Maybe Jet fans have other interests outside of football that they want to talk about.
Then perhaps they should use the off-topic forum, which IS WHERE NON FOOTBALL THINGS ARE TALKED ABOUT?!

My god.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

The bands gonna make it
Old 04-04-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie

Maybe I only want to know what other Jet Fans think.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Maybe I only want to know what other Jet Fans think.
About what? Boy Bands? Enough of this. This thread is off topic, and honestly, wasn't much of a topic to begin with. This is a Jets Forum, which means you talk about the Jets in this forum. Those are the rules. If you want to talk about things other than the Jets, then go to Off Topic. If you only want Jets fans opinions, state that in your thread in Off Topic, and see how well other mods take that, or if anyone cares.

Thank you.