Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which team is set up on a better development path?
I'm taking the Browns. 32 45.71%
I'm taking the Dolphins. 38 54.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2 Years from Now: Browns vs. Dolphins

Tannehill or Weeden. Bush and Richardson. Unimpressive/young/raw wideouts. Rising defenses. Losing records.

Discuss.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm taking the Dolphins because of Tannehill. I lurvs him.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Gordon is a boss at WR. Greg Little has been playing really well lately. I like the Browns young WRs better than the Dolphins'. Tannehill > Weeden in the long run, but Richardson and the Browns offensive line and defense look like they have sustainable quality b/c they are so young and quite talented already. I think the Browns are one of the 2 or 3 youngest teams in the NFL.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm saying Dolphins bc Tannehill is younger, they have pass rushers, and I like their DC a lot.

But Cleveland is 2 pass rushers, a WR or TE, and CB away from being good themselves.

And Joe Haden is the 2nd best CB in the league. It's amazing how different their defense plays with him in the lineup.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfair contest. In two years time Weeden will be closer to retiring than the day he was drafted.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel better about Cleveland's young talent base than I do Miami's. Weeden and Gordon have both been better than I expected. We haven't seen the best of Trent yet. They've got a good OL, and they're only a pass rusher away on defense. Their front office and coaching situation is a complete wildcard at this point, though.

Miami can rush the passer, but most of that production comes from Wake who is older. They're incredible deficient in terms of speed and skill on the outside on both offense and defense. Jake Long is a complete mystery. If they can get Bowe and draft one more good wide receiver, I'll feel really good about their O, especially once Lamar Miller takes the RB job. I like the Philbin/Sherman duo, too.

This one is really tough. I need to think about it.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Unfair contest. In two years time Weeden will be closer to retiring than the day he was drafted.
Isn't that true for every player?

Old 12-10-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hey, I meant the day he retires than the day he was drafted.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-10-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Indeed it is.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm taking the Dolphins because of Tannehill. I lurvs him.
Me's toos!

Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"In two years time, Brandon Weeden will be further away from his draft day than he is from his retirement day."
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I voted Dolphins, but I think Weeden's age concerns might be overblown in the context of this conversation - basically, he's going to be 31. He'll be right in the middle of his prime. He's not going to have as long of a prime as others, but in two years, he's going to be right there. Then when you realize that Josh Gordon is going to be a veteran wideout and he and Richardson are both extremely talented physically and should be hitting their professional stride, the offensive matchup (when's the last time this has been said?) looks like it would be decidedly in the Browns' favor. I think it's less a Tannehill/Weeden discussion than as to how well Miami's D will match up against the Brown's offense.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
"In two years time, Brandon Weeden will be further away from his draft day than he is from his retirement day."
Isn't this what I just said?

Oh well, it made sense in my head.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Isn't this what I just said?

Oh well, it made sense in my head.
Yeah. I was just rewording it, since I'm apparently the only person who understood what you meant.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yfs has made the most important point thus far - our front office.

If things remain as they are, I love where we are going. If Haslam decides to be an idiot and let Banner blow everything up, we're back to being the laughing stock, I guarantee it. (Not that we've proven otherwise just yet)

I really would have to say Miami has the edge right now with Tann's youth and a more stable front office for the time being although you could make a case for our overall core of young talent being more appealing. Whether we keep Heckert is going to be huge, if we fire him this just might be the icing on the cake for me.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 12-10-2012 at 04:44 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philbin !!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quarterbacks can easily play until the 35 range. So I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm saying Dolphins bc Tannehill is younger
I don't understand this argument. It's one thing if you think Tannehill will simply be better. But only looking ahead two seasons, Weeden's age doesn't make any difference yet. He'd be at the age where most quarterbacks are at their prime, actually.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with the browns. I think Trent Richardson is only going to get better and I like what Weeden has been doing as a rookie outside his first few games. They're building an offense that is going to be really competitive, and that defense is good enough already to keep them in games. They rarely lose by more than 7 points already ( I think the giants, ravens and bills are the only ones to beat them by 8+ points so far this season) and if they manage to draft well next year it could be enough to start slowing down teams for that developing offense.

obviously I hope I am wrong, because I think the Bengals are also developing a good team and I don't want them to have to compete with the Browns as well as the perennially good Ravens and Steelers.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took the Browns. Look at their core players right now. Thomas, Mack, Richardson, Gordon, Sheard, Taylor and Haden. All under 29 years old. 5 of them are under 25 years old.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah. I was just rewording it, since I'm apparently the only person who understood what you meant.
It was terribly worded, and i thought the same thing vidae did.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Browns young core a lot. Gordon, Richardson, and Haden are going to be really good for a long time. They'll be in a good spot this year to snag a pass rusher, and once they have a pass rusher that defense will suddenly look really good. Schwartz, Thomas, and Mack are something to build on on the offensive line. Hopefully they can pull it together soon because I am really interested in seeing that core play more often.

The Dolphins have Tannehill, but for they're due a bit of a talent exodus in the offseason, and I haven't been as crazy about their drafts recently.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins might lose boatloads of talent in free agency this year. Starks, Sean Smith, Bush, Jake Long, Hartline. Yikes! Make or break draft this year with all their picks. I'll take the Browns.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins. The Browns will more then likely just blow it up like normal.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I knew what he meant, I was just being difficult!

Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Realized I never indicated a position. Going to have to go with the Browns. They actually have a fair amount of talent to build upon throughout their roster. Weeden is playing better than I and most others expected. If they shore up a few other spots over the next two years, they can actually become quite a competitive team. I really do think they have the potential to be one of the most improved teams over the next couple of years in the entire league. The Dolphins on the other hand, may be looking at the exact opposite, watching much of the talent that they have now and need for success leave.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote