Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
I'm not the one with 10,700+ posts here since April of 2010.

What I do is making compelling points on internet forums that the less intelligent mistake for "trolling." Rather than starting a thread, "Calvin Johnson iz goodz," I start a thread, "Wes Welker is a product of the Patriots' system."
No, dipshit, you don't make compelling points. You start a debate with your answer already, and you're unwillingly to understand the alternative point of view. If you made a thread called "Is Wes Welker a system player?" and presented your side, along with reasons for the other side, and then allowed others to contribute with some back and forth, we wouldn't mind. Instead, you start immediately with your point of view and ridicule anyone who says otherwise. You're a either a very dedicated troll or a pathetically self-absorbed jackass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not the one with 10,700+ posts here since April of 2010.

What I do is making compelling points on internet forums that the less intelligent mistake for "trolling." Rather than starting a thread, "Calvin Johnson iz goodz," I start a thread, "Wes Welker is a product of the Patriots' system."
This is my only forum. You, however, search the Internet for any football forum where you can spout your ridiculous claims. It seems like your life's pleasure to fellate T.O. and bash Wes Welker. Me, I just use this place to pass the time as I sit in front of a computer screen 40 hours a week.

And another point, don't you ever find it odd that everywhere you go, people dislike you? Maybe you should think about changing the way you put your message out there. And does it pique your interest that nobody on any forum ever agrees with you? Very often people think they are smarter than everyone else. They think they are right and EVERYONE else is wrong. More often than not, the lone wolf is thet actual fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Oh, but why stop there? Are you going to implement a rule where all posters must have Wes Welker avatars and derogatory comments towards players are banned?
why would i implement any rules? and how, specifically, are either of the examples you give even remotely close to 'don't swear'?

Quote:
After all, why should we be allowed freedom of speech/expression on an internet forum? It's childish to expect otherwise.
you're displaying a fundamental misunderstanding of what freedom of speech means. you have every right to go anywhere you want and say whatever you want, without the government prosecuting you for saying it. you don't have those rights on private property, and you never have. but then, knowing that requires at least a junior high level civics education.

Quote:
Heil njx.
the quickest way to prove that you're not mature enough to be involved in a conversation is to attempt to godwin it. please do the world a favor and grow up.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, but why stop there? Are you going to implement a rule where all posters must have Wes Welker avatars and derogatory comments towards players are banned?
Can we do this? I'd be down for Welker week. Maybe when he gets inducted to the HoF. His production is just too much to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And now hes just a product of the "Denver system".

Also freedom of speech is null and void on someone's website, specifically when you sign an agreement to follow those rules in order to create a user name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Troy Brown play in a completely different system?

I'm waiting for him to now say Brady is the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you're displaying a fundamental misunderstanding of what freedom of speech means. you have every right to go anywhere you want and say whatever you want, without the government prosecuting you for saying it. you don't have those rights on private property, and you never have. but then, knowing that requires at least a junior high level civics education.
NUH UH, THAT'S JUST WHAT TYRANTS BELIEVE; THE SAME TYRANTS THAT THINK WES WELKER IS A GOOD PLAYER AND THAT BARRY SANDERS WAS A GREAT RUNNING BACK! YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF SHEEP! I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG! MY OPINIONS ARE BASED IN FACT AND LOGIC, YOUR OPINIONS ARE THE DELUSIONS OF A MISGUIDED MIND!

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we just talk about how awesome Troy Brown is? Probably my favorite Patriot. The year he played offense and defense (as a starter on both) and special teams was amazing. I love that guy.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Can we just talk about how awesome Troy Brown is? Probably my favorite Patriot. The year he played offense and defense (as a starter on both) and special teams was amazing. I love that guy.
I still play NFL 2K5 with the roster update where he's at corner on the Pats. Makes things so much more fun and difficult when you play against you evil bastards (I mean that in a good-ish way).

Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
No, dipshit, you don't make compelling points. You start a debate with your answer already, and you're unwillingly to understand the alternative point of view. If you made a thread called "Is Wes Welker a system player?" and presented your side, along with reasons for the other side, and then allowed others to contribute with some back and forth, we wouldn't mind. Instead, you start immediately with your point of view and ridicule anyone who says otherwise. You're a either a very dedicated troll or a pathetically self-absorbed jackass.
Actually, it's the other way around. I make my points and people reply to my posts and call me a "troll."
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

After all, why should we be allowed freedom of speech/expression on an internet forum? It's childish to expect otherwise.

Heil njx.

Quote:
Actually, it's the other way around. I make my points and people reply to my posts and call me a "troll."

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
he was the only player on your whole, worthless team that i liked.
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, you make your points and you never consider that maybe, just maybe, you're exposing viewpoints that are very off the cuff. If you opened with something like "I know this is drastically different from how the majority sees things, and I understand why they feel the way they do, but here is how I see it...", you wouldn't be such a thorn in our sides. Basically, this:

Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
This is my only forum. You, however, search the Internet for any football forum where you can spout your ridiculous claims. It seems like your life's pleasure to fellate T.O. and bash Wes Welker. Me, I just use this place to pass the time as I sit in front of a computer screen 40 hours a week.
That's a lot of justification for having as many posts on this board as you do. I don't know whom you're trying to convince.

Quote:
And another point, don't you ever find it odd that everywhere you go, people dislike you? Maybe you should think about changing the way you put your message out there. And does it pique your interest that nobody on any forum ever agrees with you? Very often people think they are smarter than everyone else. They think they are right and EVERYONE else is wrong. More often than not, the lone wolf is thet actual fool.
Nobody is universally liked, and I would never want to be. I have plenty of supporters, too.

More often than not, people fall victim to groupthink and spiral of silence and propaganda.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Well when you get into an argument with a mod about cursing, which is breaking the rules whether you think it should be a rule or not, when you agreed to follow said rules upon registering on this site, people will probably call you a troll. Swearing isn't making your points any stronger and wrongly bringing up the freedom of speech thing is absolutely pathetic, or at least rather a display of how un "intelligent" you really are.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Control
Rookie

Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control

Quote:
I think he realizes that. His point that it makes no sense to ban curse words on a football forum like this under the excuse of claiming it "unprofessional" or something...especially when you allow memes in posts and pictures of half-naked porn chicks in avatars.

There's no reason to ban anything that isn't blatant racist propaganda or something of that nature.
Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you have a Twitter, Taber? I'd love to follow you. I have over 10,000 Tweets too.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 12-23-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control View Post
I think he realizes that. His point that it makes no sense to ban curse words on a football forum like this under the excuse of claiming it "unprofessional" or something...especially when you allow memes in posts and pictures of half-naked porn chicks in avatars.

There's no reason to ban anything that isn't blatant racist propaganda or something of that nature.
then he is certainly welcome to write a formal email to scott and discuss it with him. ideally he would avoid trying to give scott a nazi salute, but we all have our own methods of communication. some more effective than others.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

[quote=Control;3526280]
Quote:
you're displaying a fundamental misunderstanding of what freedom of speech means. you have every right to go anywhere you want and say whatever you want, without the government prosecuting you for saying it. you don't have those rights on private property, and you never have. but then, knowing that requires at least a junior high level civics education./QUOTE]

There doesn't even have to be any reason behind. Its Scott's website, and he can enforce any rules he see's fit. The fact that this has turned into another topic change for Taber to whine about says alot about his argument in the first place.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

Quote:
why would i implement any rules? and how, specifically, are either of the examples you give even remotely close to 'don't swear'?
Why wouldn't you implement more rules? Swearing is apparently vawy, vawy bad. Maybe bashing Wes Welker is, too.

They're similar because they all involve words.

Quote:
This has nothing to do with rights. It has to do with the fundamental flaw in censorship. This forum has the right to censorship, just as Neo-Nazis have the right to start up their own forums and make whatever rules they wish.

You can stoop to that level if you want, but it says more about you than it does about me.

Quote:
the quickest way to prove that you're not mature enough to be involved in a conversation is to attempt to godwin it. please do the world a favor and grow up.
I'm thinking of instituting a policy where I no longer reply to those who don't use proper capitalization. It's a good litmus test for weeding out idiots.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Did Taber just blow up his own freedom of speech argument?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control View Post

See the thing is... a lot of that has already been cracked down on because of advertisements. Not that I truly care but the "Hot Chick Thread" was deleted for that reason. So why would Scott allow things that are going have him to lose money and ultimately cause the shutting down of the site?
Old 12-23-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I'm not sure what the big deal is with the censors. Granted, I use less profanity than the average poster so it doesn't affect me as much. But is it really that hard dto understand why words are censored? It's all about money. Advertisers want their advertisments to reach the widest audience possible. Rampany profanity would drive away many people. Fewer readers equates to fewer advertisers which equates to less money in Scott's pockets. It's the same reason the Hot Chick Thread was deleted. Just capitalism at work.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

Quote:
And now hes just a product of the "Denver system".

Also freedom of speech is null and void on someone's website, specifically when you sign an agreement to follow those rules in order to create a user name.
1. Look at his numbers with New England vs. Denver.

2. Every receiver Peyton Manning plays with is going to be productive. That's how good Manning is at reading defenses and calling audibles.

3. Like most people, I don't read terms and conditions...especially when it involves things as unimportant as message boards.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Control
Rookie

Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control Control

Quote:
[

There doesn't even have to be any reason behind. Its Scott's website, and he can enforce any rules he see's fit.
Yeah, we're all aware of that. That it's not an illegal rule doesn't make it any less dumb and devoid of logic.

Why are users not be able to read the word '****' but are able to see pics of pornstars in thongs?
Control is offline   Reply With Quote