Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Changing the argument again I see.

We went from him telling me the Pats never tried to start Edelmen over Welker to trying to replace him. The guy is all over the place.

I said they never tried to put Edelman over Welker. As in, they never tried to phase out Welker and give Edelman his job.

Clearly, they did not. Welker was used much more often than Edelman, from the beginning to the end.

A "start" only means a player is out there on their unit's first snap. Thurman Thomas didn't start Super Bowl XXVI. I guess they were trying to replace him with Kenneth Davis, huh?

What's more, you spoke of this fictional attempt "turning out terrible" for the Patriots. But the Patriots won their week 1 game. They lost the next 2 games, with Welker catching 5-95 and 8-142. Oops.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merry Christmas Guys!!!! 'Tis The Season!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
I said they never tried to put Edelman over Welker. As in, they never tried to phase out Welker and give Edelman his job.
No thats what your doing now. Because heres how the conversation went.

Quote:
If Edelmen were another Welker, he would have started over Welker last year, which we tried to do to start the season and it turned out horribly for us.
Quote:
Also:

This did not happen. The Patriots never tried to put Edelman over Welker. They didn't bring Welker back on a franchise tag for Edelman to take his job that year.
No idea how I made the point about him starting over Welker, and it didn't go well turned into whether or not we were trying to replace Welker with Edelmen, which we did in fact try to do. The fact that Welker went on to have those number despite us trying to circumvent his role in favor of Edelmen probably isn't making the case you think it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 12-23-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
I missed this. You clearly didn't get the point. Whether or not I read the rules is another conversation. The point is you didn't read them, and then went on to proceed with another ****** argument in regards to something you had no knowledge of.
What I know is that any rule that you can't swear on a forum is a dumb one.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What I know is that any rule that you can't swear on a forum is a dumb one.
Which once again is entirely different from the first point you tried making. Congratulations that this is what you have to fall back on.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

Quote:
No thats what your doing now. Because heres how the conversation went.
They didn't try to do anything. Your statement was that they tried to start him over Welker last season and it turned out horribly, which implies that your argument is that they wanted Edelman to take his job and he failed miserably.

What they did was put him in on the first snap a time or two, but Welker still played the vast majority of snaps, received tons of targets, and then Edelman got hurt anyway in the middle of the season being used only sparingly. Nothing turned out horribly, and Edelman in no way failed. He was never given a chance to succeed or fail in replacing Welker last year.

Hence, your entire argument collapses.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

Quote:
Which once again is entirely different from the first point you tried making. Congratulations that this is what you have to fall back on.
What point was that?

My point was always that it's a lame rule. Then you brought up the ridiculous notion of me signing some agreement, and I brought up that I have no interest in reading those silly terms and conditions.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
What point was that?

My point was always that it's a lame rule. Then you brought up the ridiculous notion of me signing some agreement, and I brought up that I have no interest in reading those silly terms and conditions.
in which case, my patience has worn completely and utterly too thin. you're now not just welcome to find another board, you're actively encouraged. you can take your friend with you, if you'd like.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

You couldn't have waited another half hour for that njx? What the hell do I do to pass the remaining time at work? This place is dead.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

sorry, if it's any consolation, he'll almost certainly create a fresh dupe account to continue the tirade soon.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still thank the Patriots today that they traded their 1st round pick to us so we could draft Dez Bryant. Thanks guys!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I still thank the Patriots today that they traded their 1st round pick to us so we could draft Dez Bryant. Thanks guys!
:( Brady to Dez right now is something we desperately need. Although with our WRs coach, he'd probably just turn into another chad jackson. That or he'd be kicked to the curb for his behavior anyway.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-23-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

Last edited by The Alex : 12-23-2013 at 01:02 PM.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aw is that the end? I really came around to the idea of Jordan just kind of wasting his life away getting really serious and argumentative with himself in the NFL random discussion forum.

Top 10 all time swdc troll? I'd like to say no but I probably couldn't get to 10 better than the anti-Saints Tigers campaign.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, that escalated quickly.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would you ban Taber? Goddammit, this sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys had no idea what was coming your way when Jordan starting posting here. He's been a menace on NFL forums for years. Mostly 49ers forums because he happens to be a "fan" of the franchise. Should have never been left to loiter around here for this long.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Part of me feels like I caused this, since I reported his post circumnavigating the language filter post.
I had no idea the following storm that would take place...
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I know the Ravens would have probably taken Dez there too :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. What an asshat.

I think the best part is how he clearly didn't watch the games if he thought Welker was just as healthy as every other player in the league after that first Chiefs game (or was it the San Diego game?) where he hurt his ankle and couldn't do **** for the next three weeks except just be out there occasionally...
Old 12-24-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You guys had no idea what was coming your way when Jordan starting posting here. He's been a menace on NFL forums for years. Mostly 49ers forums because he happens to be a "fan" of the franchise. Should have never been left to loiter around here for this long.
I find it hilarious he uses the same moniker everywhere and is known pest throughout the entire NFL online community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I find it hilarious he uses the same moniker everywhere and is known pest throughout the entire NFL online community.
It's not a moniker. It's his name. He goes by his name. Crazy accountability.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man, I missed a good banning.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckerIsGOAT View Post
Isn't it funny how njx pretends that Scott made the rules, when he's the one who posted the rules thread and it's clearly his writing?
not as funny as someone taking an internet feud seriously
Old 12-26-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckerIsGOAT View Post
njx takes it very seriously. That's why he banned me.
Yah well njx is a funny guy. seriously though you are insulting people instead of debating or conversing like any other user, I think as a mod charged with maintaining order and enforcing the rules he will probably shitcan you again. why not dial down the abrasiveness just a lil bit and stick around for thoughtful convo and repair how terrible the NFL board here has become?