Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole thing went south after your first few posts.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
This whole thing went south after your first few posts.
This coming from Raiderfan....Lol.

How would Welker do in your offense Raiderfan?
HypocrisyIsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably the same as every offensive player currently on the team.

I like how my team affiliation is somehow a valid argument. You could also try getting my SN right, it is right in front of you.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think my favorite part about this thread is the troll's (who I'm feeding again) main point being Welker in Miami with Joey Harrington, Gus Frerrotte, and Daunte Culpepper compared to his seasons with Tom Brady. He was a 2nd and 3rd year receiver with that team. He showed great progress and was Miami's most productive receiver. It's not a matter of him being a system guy. It's a matter of him being ******* good.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Probably the same as every offensive player currently on the team.

I like how my team affiliation is somehow a valid argument. You could also try getting my SN right, it is right in front of you.
Your SN is typical raider fan ghetto crap, so I'll just refer to you as RaiderFan from now on.

Jacoby Ford or Wes Welker?
Old 12-23-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think my favorite part about this thread is the troll's (who I'm feeding again) main point being Welker in Miami with Joey Harrington, Gus Frerrotte, and Daunte Culpepper compared to his seasons with Tom Brady. He was a 2nd and 3rd year receiver with that team. He showed great progress and was Miami's most productive receiver. It's not a matter of him being a system guy. It's a matter of him being ******* good.
My favorite part of this thread was when you claimed Welker has good straight line speed and runs behind the defense regularly.

Doesn't get any more cringe-worthy stupid than that, lol.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Btw, just following all your guys' logic: Dude must be "trollingzzzz" when he says Welker has good straight line speed.

TROLLLLLLINGZZZZZ
Old 12-23-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypocrisyIsGreat View Post
Need to start a counter on how often the term "troll" was mis-used in this thread.
No, no. He's a troll. Not an intentional troll, though. Which makes it even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least your other persona answered my posts. Booooo. Boooo this man!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
At least your other persona answered my posts. Booooo. Boooo this man!
Good lord, this is becoming pathetic
Old 12-23-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
becoming? I think it hit that when you and your buddy JT started the nice little circle jerk of being so hilariously wrong at understanding football.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn, I should really stick to OT.....I've opened 2 threads elsewhere and....

Old 12-23-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
becoming? I think it hit that when you and your buddy JT started the nice little circle jerk of being so hilariously wrong at understanding football.
We're the ones who don't understand football? What makes you say that? Because we aren't impressed with inflated stats?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
So, we've established that Wes Welker would be less productive if he played in a system that didn't fit his skillset?

Do NFL coaches know this? I think we're really onto something here! Holy crap! Guys, do you think Belichick knew this when he traded for Welker???
If Belichick knew this when he made the trade, Im sure there was some sort of cheating involved... Welker-Gate....?
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
God damn, I should really stick to OT.....I've opened 2 threads elsewhere and....

Pretty much.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I'm glad you've finally come to understand this. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
People get boners over 40 time and verticals and think that is the only way to measure a players athletic ability. Having the short area quickness is an equal trait IMO. The overlooked drills For what Welker does he is the best because he has the elite ability to make plays in space. The three cone drill and 20 yard drill at the combine are very important for slot WRs just as the 40 and vert are looked at as very important for outside WRs.

If Welker is manned up by a corner on a route that requires him to run more than 15+ yards downfield, he's shut down.

He still has a role in the Pats offense, but Welker is a 32 year old possession WR whose strength is sometimes picking up first downs and moving the chains. I don't buy that he would be a catastrophic loss to the Pats offense if he went down with an injury.

His 3 cone and 20 yard drill times I'd bet are nowhere what they were when he was a predraft prospect.

However I still think Welker could start as a slot WR for most teams in the NFL.
He's a good, crafty, skilled player. But I don't think Welker is elite anymore at what he does.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Well I'm glad you've finally come to understand this. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.
Wow....I was expecting better my man. Weaksauce.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
People get boners over 40 time and verticals and think that is the only way to measure a players athletic ability. Having the short area quickness is an equal trait IMO. The overlooked drills For what Welker does he is the best because he has the elite ability to make plays in space. The three cone drill and 20 yard drill at the combine are very important for slot WRs just as the 40 and vert are looked at as very important for outside WRs.
And as I brought up in this thread, Welker's 3 cone drill time at his pro day was terrible (7.09).

If he had an elite ability to make plays in space, he would have made more big plays by now. He also probably would've returned a punt for a TD in the NFL by now.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Now we are getting to the root of your problem. Let's keep this in house. Are/were there people on this forum saying this before this thread was created? I doubt it.
After you posted this, there was a doofus on this thread claiming welker has "good straight line speed" and "runs past defenses regularly".

Might have been the worst post of all time, lol
Old 12-23-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After you posted this, there was a doofus on this thread claiming welker has "good straight line speed" and "runs past defenses regularly".

Might have been the worst post of all time, lol
That post was in reply to your, I mean Jordan's, post stating that people all over the internet were saying Wes Welker is a Hall of Fame WR. Which I still have not seen anyone post that on here.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
That post was in reply to your, I mean Jordan's, post stating that people all over the internet were saying Wes Welker is a Hall of Fame WR. Which I still have not seen anyone post that on here.
1) I'm not Jordan. I can see some of you have a huge problem with this post and feel the need to use the tired "they're the same person" card, but any mod can do an IP check at anytime. Until then, stay on topic.

2) Not HOF. Just that he's one of the better targets in the league and a legitimate pro bowler. Which he's not. He's not even as good as Danny Amendola
Old 12-23-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The NFL is a copy cat league, of course we'd expect other coaches to borrow concepts that work from the successful teams the way teams started trying to recreate the Pats 3-4 a decade a go or the way teams have adopted more and more spread concepts in the last 5 years.
Borrow concepts, yes. It doesn't mean they're just going to copy the whole thing.

Plenty of teams throw screen passes to receivers. They just don't tend to do it 5+ times per game like New England does with Welker.

Quote:
If Welker's so easily replaceable why has Belicheck invested so much in him instead of just replacing him the way he did future Hall of Famer Richard Seymour?
What do you mean, "invested so much in him?" The Patriots didn't even sign him to an extension this past off-season. He was making peanuts compared to what other receivers with "similar production" have been making.

Quote:
Again who cares how he's rated elsewhere, you're arguing here, against the people that post here, so address the arguments being made here.
I am addressing said arguments. I'm also arguing why he's overrated in general.

Quote:
And how about the Wall Street Journal? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...655455958.html That's a solid article about the choice routes Gilbride utilizes, do you believe that they exist now?
I never said option routes didn't exist. I just don't see what the big deal is. It's not rocket surgery. Guys succeeding in an offense featuring option routes does not impress me. I'm pretty sure most football players could look at the coverage and choose between 2-3 different possible routes to run and get open a lot of the time. Any receiver who has a chance to be successful in the NFL is going to be smart enough to figure simple things like that out.

Sight adjustments are not a new concept. The run-and-shoot used the same idea...and, whaddaya know?...a plethora of productive receivers in every run-and-shoot offense back in the day. Big name, small name...didn't matter. Everybody who ran that offense got production out of its receivers. Even if your QB was Jeff George, all of a sudden, Eric Metcalf was catching 100+ passes for you.

And funny enough...that's where Gilbride's "sight adjustments" come from, since he was a run and shoot guy.

And Welker's inflated numbers aren't just related to that. They're more related to how many screens he catches (no adjustment required there) and how many drags he runs (even if it's an adjustment, any drag route you run is almost invariably going to match you up against linebackers). He's fed short passes and that's the main reason he catches so many balls, much like a running back in a system where the quarterback is drilled to take the checkdown.

Derek Loville caught 87 passes in 1995 because of the system he was in. I can assure you of that. It wasn't because he was a better pass catcher than, say, Jerome Bettis.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are a lot of players that people all across the nation vote to go to the Pro Bowl or tout as an All Pro worthy player when they shouldn't be. This isn't new. Welker wasn't being put on a pedestal here though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
There are a lot of players that people all across the nation vote to go to the Pro Bowl or tout as an All Pro worthy player when they shouldn't be. This isn't new. Welker wasn't being put on a pedestal here though.
Epic post right here with a wealth of knowledge.