Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ray Lewis retiring at the end of this season

That sucks. Arguably the best to ever lace them up.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 01-02-2013 at 11:23 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beat me to it by seconds, ;)

End of an era. HOF Class of 2018. IMO the best inside LB of all-time.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not buying it until i see him sit and watch his teammates play knowing he can still be out there too.

No doubt in anyone's mind he should be a first ballot HOFer.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I'm glad I got to watch him play. The best I've ever seen. Brian Urlacher was pretty damn amazing too.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Ray Lewis shits on Brian Urlacher every day of the week and six times on Sundays.

He should probably get his stomach checked.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's time. No point in letting younger people see him in a less than Ray Lewis like form.

He's obviously a first ballot Hall of Famer. His resume is basically complete.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RAY RAY!!! My favorite player like...ever. He's the reason I tried playing MLB and failed miserably lol

Sad to see him go but like Metsox said, won't totally believe it til he's actually watching next season at home.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least he won a Super Bowl. It will be weird seeing the Ravens without him. He's been there since the inception of the franchise.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's impossible that anyone brought as much passion and knowledge to the linebacker position. There are other greats but Ray was one of a kind in a modern era of copycats.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im glad. One of the greatest ever but he was a shadow of his former self on the field for the last year or two. People should remember him on the field from the early 2000s, not the last couple of years

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Im glad. One of the greatest ever but he was a shadow of his former self on the field for the last year or two. People should remember him on the field from the early 2000s, not the last couple of years
Well this just isn't true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:(

Damn. I've been in denial that this day would ever come. I still don't know if this man can live without this game so like MetSox said, I'll believe it when next season. Makes this playoff run potentially that much more meaningful. Greatest MLB to ever play the game and one of the greatest leaders in sports history.

Everyone needs to watch this. Promise you won't regret it.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Well this just isn't true.
Care to expand?

He still brought leadership and intensity but he wasn't close to what he used to be. Became easier to block in the run game and became a holding machine in coverage

Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely the best player I have ever personally seen. Not only that, but he defined defense and football in general for me. Not going to say its a sad day to see him go simply because he's had a great and long career and this will be a good way to go, but I'll definitely miss him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Care to expand?

He still brought leadership and intensity but he wasn't close to what he used to be. Became easier to block in the run game and became a holding machine in coverage
Last year wasn't his strongest season, but the 2010 and 2011 seasons preceding it were excellent. He hasn't been the dynamic sideline to sideline force he was in his youth, but he was far from a ghost of his former self. I've been very impressed with the level of play he's been able to maintain to this point in his career, it speaks to his passion and commitment to the game.

What is there to say about Ray that hasn't already been said? He's the reason I, like many others, even starting playing football (and linebacker specifically). He's the reason I'm a Ravens fan, really. It'll be strange to see a Baltimore defense without him, but I hope he continues to be involved in the franchise moving forward in some capacity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't do it Ray don't do it!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Last year wasn't his strongest season, but the 2010 and 2011 seasons preceding it were excellent. He hasn't been the dynamic sideline to sideline force he was in his youth, but he was far from a ghost of his former self. I've been very impressed with the level of play he's been able to maintain to this point in his career, it speaks to his passion and commitment to the game.

What is there to say about Ray that hasn't already been said? He's the reason I, like many others, even starting playing football (and linebacker specifically). He's the reason I'm a Ravens fan, really. It'll be strange to see a Baltimore defense without him, but I hope he continues to be involved in the franchise moving forward in some capacity.
I agree with this, however there has been a significant dip in play. Lewis, IMO, from about 2010 on was a very good LB. Before that he was an all time great. I wasn't meaning it to say the guy was horrible, although he was pretty bad this year before the injury. But if you started watching the game 3 years ago you would know Lewis was great because people said he was great, not based on what you were watching. But the guy was well in his 30s by then, I don't think that's an insult to say he wasn't playing at an all time great level

Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His press conference is on NFLN, and it's pretty emotional. How can you not respect this guy?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude made me a Ravens fan, always loved watching that D play as a kid. Wish him nothing but the best. Hopefully they can make a SB run now. Would love to see Ravens vs Seahawks, 2 great defenses, power running, what a game that would be.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with this, however there has been a significant dip in play. Lewis, IMO, from about 2010 on was a very good LB. Before that he was an all time great. I wasn't meaning it to say the guy was horrible, although he was pretty bad this year before the injury. But if you started watching the game 3 years ago you would know Lewis was great because people said he was great, not based on what you were watching. But the guy was well in his 30s by then, I don't think that's an insult to say he wasn't playing at an all time great level
He wasn't in his prime anymore, but he was still playing at an all-time great level from what I saw. I don't watch and study film like everyone claims, but I've seen a great deal of Ravens games in the last few years and his presence is definitely felt. And I don't mean in a "leadership" or "inspiration" way, I mean he was still an individual that was changing the way offenses played.

From the Bengals games alone, I could visibly see Cedric Benson running differently after Lewis would hit him 2-3 times in a game. Our play calling on the goal line was often a lot more passive, straying away from running it up the middle (which basically stands against everything Marvin Lewis has done or said for his entire tenure as the Bengals head coach).

Again, he was clearly out of his prime, but still playing at a level that most linebackers in the league could only dream about.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

So I guess Ed Reed will be gone also

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank god. (AFC North fan)

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
He wasn't in his prime anymore, but he was still playing at an all-time great level from what I saw. I don't watch and study film like everyone claims, but I've seen a great deal of Ravens games in the last few years and his presence is definitely felt. And I don't mean in a "leadership" or "inspiration" way, I mean he was still an individual that was changing the way offenses played.

From the Bengals games alone, I could visibly see Cedric Benson running differently after Lewis would hit him 2-3 times in a game. Our play calling on the goal line was often a lot more passive, straying away from running it up the middle (which basically stands against everything Marvin Lewis has done or said for his entire tenure as the Bengals head coach).

Again, he was clearly out of his prime, but still playing at a level that most linebackers in the league could only dream about.
Eh, the Pats have had a pretty decent rivalry the last few years with the Ravens and I have seen a defense go from having Lewis be the heart and soul and the best player to him becoming the emotional leader but maybe the 4th or 5th guy who is schemed against. Suggs, Ngata and Reed all give opposing offenses more trouble than Lewis and recently Ladarius Webb had turned into a really good CB.

I don't see why we can't say that Lewis had become an above average player towards the end of his career.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the GOAT'S.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some people inspire you to greatness with their words. Some people lead the charge, and inspire you with their actions. Then their is Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis grabbed greatness by the throat, put it in a headlock, and told you to come over and get your lick back.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote