Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 12-08-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98
Default Eagles Don't Need An OL!

I'm sick of every mock on here giving the Eagles Joeckel. We don't need an OT. The reason our OL sucks is because we are missing 4 STARTERS! Next year we have Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Watkins/Scott, Herremans. That is perfectly fine. No need for an OT. Our defense is horrible. I'd assume we switch to the 3-4 next year as we have the personel to do it. In that case I'd say our top needs are...

1. NT (Star)
2. 3-4 ILB (Te'o)
3. OLB (Jones)
4. CB (Milliner)
5. QB (If literally no one is there if Geno is there I guess we'd take him)

Please stop mocking us an OL though. As the only Eagle's fan on here (I think, haven't seen any others) I kind of just wanted to put this out there. Thanks.

Last edited by eliasrapp98 : 12-08-2012 at 08:17 PM.
eliasrapp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this a mock draft? No. If you want to talk about team needs there is a handy thread titled "Team Needs" stickied at the top of the forum.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44029

Direct link to said "Team Needs" thread.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasrapp98 View Post
I'm sick of every mock on here giving the Eagles Joeckel. We don't need an OT. The reason our OL sucks is because we are missing 4 STARTERS! Next year we have Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Watkins/Scott, Herremans. That is perfectly fine. No need for an OT. Our defense is horrible. I'd assume we switch to the 3-4 next year as we have the personel to do it. In that case I'd say our top needs are...

1. NT (Star)
2. 3-4 ILB (Te'o)
3. OLB (Jones)
4. CB (Milliner)

Please stop mocking us an OL though. As the only Eagle's fan on here (I think, haven't seen any others) I kind of just wanted to put this out there. Thanks.
Yes we need to start demanding 3-4 players when we don't know that we are making that move. We need a corner but not O Line? Please stop talking....

...and if you are going to ***** and moan, like Trogdor said, do it in the team needs thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Yes we need to start demanding 3-4 players when we don't know that we are making that move. We need a corner but not O Line? Please stop talking....

...and if you are going to ***** and moan, like Trogdor said, do it in the team needs thread.
Sorry for the confusion. I'm a little new to this board. I'll move it. Yes we need a corner more than OL. Our OL is pretty good (Peters- All Pro, Mathis- Great, Kelce- Future star, Watkins- Not good, but not bad, Herremans- Good).
Old 12-08-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Is this a mock draft? No. If you want to talk about team needs there is a handy thread titled "Team Needs" stickied at the top of the forum.

Direct link to said "Team Needs" thread.
Calm down.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're going to need a QB when Vick is cut and Foles is your starter, especially when the new decision maker (because that's what Andy Reid was) comes in town. He's going to want his QB and Foles is definitely not good enough to keep him from making that move.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
You're going to need a QB when Vick is cut and Foles is your starter, especially when the new decision maker (because that's what Andy Reid was) comes in town. He's going to want his QB and Foles is definitely not good enough to keep him from making that move.
Foles looked very good against Dallas. He'll get better. You've only seen 3 games. He had a phenominal preseason and a decent first 3 games. Give him time. Also Geno Smith really is pretty weak. He's not worth a top 8 pick. Also Roseman, Lurie, and the rest of the front office has a decent say in the decision. Plus the new HC will just have to work with our talent. Coaches don't just bench promising players because they want "their own guys".
Old 12-08-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Foles looked very good against Dallas. He'll get better. You've only seen 3 games. He had a phenominal preseason and a decent first 3 games. Give him time. Also Geno Smith really is pretty weak. He's not worth a top 8 pick. Also Roseman, Lurie, and the rest of the front office has a decent say in the decision. Plus the new HC will just have to work with our talent. Coaches don't just bench promising players because they want "their own guys".
FIRE HIM now.

Every since he started, eagles drafting has went downhill fast.

Look its a qb driven league, if you don't have one you draft one. Foles hasn't shown to much, luckily there is still a few games left to determine it. Preseason doesn't mean much, Lions went 4-0, then proceeded to go 0-16.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
FIRE HIM now.

Every since he started, eagles drafting has went downhill fast.

Look its a qb driven league, if you don't have one you draft one. Foles hasn't shown to much, luckily there is still a few games left to determine it. Preseason doesn't mean much, Lions went 4-0, then proceeded to go 0-16.
1. The draft is a collective effort which includes Andy, Lurie, etc. It's not all Roseman's picks.

2. So Graham, Henery, Kelce, Kendrichs, Cox, Boykin, Foles, Bryce Brown, and Damaris Johnson in 3 years isn't enough for you?

3. He gets us amazing deals in FA. It's Andy's job to make things work, but to get great players on 4-6 million dollar deals is unbelievable.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. NT (Star)
2. 3-4 ILB (Te'o)
3. OLB (Jones)
4. CB (Milliner)

We have no idea what Peters' health status is or if he'll ever be the same once he comes back. They were saying that his career might be over just a few months ago. If you have the chance to grab a franchise LT you take it and don't think twice. Ideally Herremans shifts back in to LG as well.

Quote:
Foles was mediocre at best against Dallas. He has shown nothing to me so far that indicates he will be our franchise QB going forward. It's unfortunate that the one year we tank and need a QB the crop lacks a true stud. I think we showed up to the party a year too late haha.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. NT (Star)
2. 3-4 ILB (Te'o)
3. OLB (Jones)
4. CB (Milliner)

And this is why you guys suck. Cuz you dont think the OL is a problem. Peters may never be the same again. Bell is a joke.
tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3. He gets us amazing deals in FA.
Nnamdi and Vick say hi!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
Nnamdi and Vick say hi!
Vick wasn't a free agent deal. Nnamdi was gonna get that deal from anyone, and Vick would have been extended by anyone as well. Probably not as big of a contract but he was on a different level in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

Quote:
Vick wasn't a free agent deal. Nnamdi was gonna get that deal from anyone, and Vick would have been extended by anyone as well. Probably not as big of a contract but he was on a different level in 2010.
Not denying either of those but to call them "amazing" you would have to imply they were signings that worked out. Neither have.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Foles was mediocre at best against Dallas. He has shown nothing to me so far that indicates he will be our franchise QB going forward. It's unfortunate that the one year we tank and need a QB the crop lacks a true stud. I think we showed up to the party a year too late haha.
If this year had Luck and RG3 the Chiefs and Jaguars would take them 1/2.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still thank my lucky stars that the Eagles out bid the Cowboys for Nnamdi.

The Eagles need a franchise QB. Too bad they won't get one. They are about to become the Redskins of the 2000s. NFC East bottom feeders.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
We have no idea what Peters' health status is or if he'll ever be the same once he comes back. They were saying that his career might be over just a few months ago. If you have the chance to grab a franchise LT you take it and don't think twice. Ideally Herremans shifts back in to LG as well.
Herremans to LG? Mathis is a pro bowler this year. No sacks let in and just 3 QB pressures as well as being a dominating run blocker. He's arguably our best lineman.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

Quote:
And this is why you guys suck. Cuz you dont think the OL is a problem. Peters may never be the same again. Bell is a joke.
Bell will be cut in 14 days for no cost to us. And yes, it is not a problem right now.

Peters
Mathis
Kelce
Watkins
Herremans

along with good backups that can fill in for Peters is fine for a rebuilding team. Our defense, however, is not. BTW I'm pretty sure we are not 4-10 because fans don't think oline is a problem..
Old 12-21-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

Quote:
Not denying either of those but to call them "amazing" you would have to imply they were signings that worked out. Neither have.
Ndamdi was a top 5 corner at that time. When he was signed, people were calling it a bargain. Also Vick TOTALLY deserved the money at the time.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I still thank my lucky stars that the Eagles out bid the Cowboys for Nnamdi.

The Eagles need a franchise QB. Too bad they won't get one. They are about to become the Redskins of the 2000s. NFC East bottom feeders.
Talk to me when you win a playoff game...
Old 12-21-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ndamdi was a top 5 corner at that time. When he was signed, people were calling it a bargain. Also Vick TOTALLY deserved the money at the time.
lol, so if a team makes a move which makes sense at the time but then backfires, it's ok to call it amazing? i don't know what to say.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
ZoneMaster67
Rookie

ZoneMaster67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

1. NT (Star)
2. 3-4 ILB (Te'o)
3. OLB (Jones)
4. CB (Milliner)

I will have to disagree with you on the O-Line not being a need. Peters, Mathis, and Herremans are all on the wrong side of 30, Peters may not even be able to return to his old form for all we know. Mathis had played very well this season but, I believe Herremans needs to be playing inside and not at the tackle spot. Danny Watkins and Jake Scott average at best in my opinion. So the Eagles would benefit from getting a tackle in the draft to replace Herremans at RT and move him inside to either guard spot, and that's only if Peter is capable of coming back.
ZoneMaster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Talk to me when you win a playoff game...
You must be new to the sport. The Cowboys actually have 5 Super Bowl rings and the Eagles have none.

You need to recognize that your OL needs help and can't rely on guys returning to form. Age and injury are a bad combination to have in this sport.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
sean_bealer
Rookie

sean_bealer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You must be new to the sport. The Cowboys actually have 5 Super Bowl rings and the Eagles have none.

You need to recognize that your OL needs help and can't rely on guys returning to form. Age and injury are a bad combination to have in this sport.
You must have not watched the sport in 17 years, cause, you know, they have one playoff win (against the Eagles, mind you) since there last Super Bowl, and as much as it pains me to agree with you, especially since Jerry Jones doesn't realize that you can take a O-lineman inside the first 4 rounds (minus Tyron Smith), the Eagles best choice, more then likely, will be Joeckel.

The only 3 people that I would even consider over him would be Jones, Lotulelei, and Moore. Te'o and Womack are not worth a top 5 pick. So, if one of them falls due to someone overpricing a QB, then here are my concerns.

Jones- IF we switch to a 3-4, which is no way near a certainty, I would be on board with this pick. That would also make Ryans, who we traded for specifically to fit a 4-3, worthless, and would make the Eagles have a boat load more problems, since they only have smaller lineman on the team currently. Right now, we need to stick with a 4-3, which makes Jones NOT the pick

Moore-If he was the pick, I wouldn't mind, but he doesn't fit currently. He is not starting in front of Cole (he will get one more chance), and Graham has shown enough to keep him on the other side. For the 4th overall pick, I want a starter, and Moore would not start

Lotulelei- I see no way he is actually there. If he is, gimmie him. A D-line of Cole, Lotulelei, Cox, Graham would be awesome. But, we traded up to draft Cox last year, DT isn't exactly a need, and there are guys out there in FA who could help.

With the projected 4th pick, it has to be Joeckel. This allows Herremans to move inside, and gives the Eagles the heir apparent at LT. Peters may not come back to being the player he was. Joeckel would give the Eagles insurance at LT and Kelly can be there to take RT if necessary. This gives Foles (or whoever is the starting QB) a fighting chance and gives McCoy actual running lanes.

Bigger holes on this team include DB (all four starting spots), WR (need a physical guy who can get open), and SLB (Cheney is just not doing it), but there is no one there at these positions to justify the #4 pick.

I honestly would be looking to move down in the top 10, as the Eagles have a long list of needs. This is not a quick fix, but a good start is Joeckel.
sean_bealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philly needs to fix their d line more than anything. Star or Moore are no brainers if they still on the board
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote