Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default The new CJ2k?

Congrats to Calvin for breaking the record, but I never thought we'd see 2k recieving yards from a reciever but there's a very good chance it could happen. Not bad for a guy who's only good in video games, huh?

If he does reach 2k will we ever see it broken? I'm not to sure tbh, thoughts?
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes. Calvin will get 2176 yards in 2014
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even in this day and age of passing offenses having more leverage than they used to, I didn't think the record would fall. Maybe he gets the 2000 yards.

It would be interesting to see how often he was targeted this season compared to Rice's 1995 year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:39 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He only needs 108 yards to get to 2K. Lions have nothing else to play for but to pad Calvin's numbers. They have nobody else at WR with all the guys on IR. I think he'll easily get it next week
Old 12-23-2012, 03:09 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Is he now the front runner for OPOTY?
Old 12-23-2012, 03:18 AM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What he has done this year is nuts. He is what you get when you mix talent with hard work in a perfect opportunity. Not sure it is completely unbreakable in future that even further favors offense, but it will still be next to impossible.

I think the Lions lack of team success hurts him too much for the awards. It could very well be AD and him battling for Offensive player, and I'd be inclined to pick Peterson. CJ wasn't even in my internal debate until tonight.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
CJ wasn't even in my internal debate until tonight.
And then people were like, "Hearken, a stat!" and everything changed.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:07 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What he has done this year is nuts. He is what you get when you mix talent with hard work in a perfect opportunity. Not sure it is completely unbreakable in future that even further favors offense, but it will still be next to impossible.

I think the Lions lack of team success hurts him too much for the awards. It could very well be AD and him battling for Offensive player, and I'd be inclined to pick Peterson. CJ wasn't even in my internal debate until tonight.
To be fair, the Lions haven't been that bad. They've lost two games to teams they had no business losing to and had 7 games lost by less than 7 points. That schedule ended up being really tough...before the season, you might have chalked up their non-division schedule as one of the easiest in the NFL. Really bad luck there.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:24 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty cool watching him and Peterson both have these ridiculous seasons. I'm hoping they both get over 2k and watching Peterson break the record would be awesome too.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think the Lions lack of team success hurts him too much for the awards.
It could very well be AD and him battling for Offensive player, and I'd be inclined to pick Peterson. CJ wasn't even in my internal debate until tonight.
If the Lions were any good, he wouldn't have sniffed the record. Teams that have a lead don't throw nearly enough. The Lions lead the league in passing attempts by like...a lot.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:51 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny to listen to Packers and Bears fans hatin',lol.

If Calvin has 101 yards receiving in the last game of the season, suddenly he's padding his stats???
If the Lions were any good record wise, why would Megatron's numbers be any less?? Last time I checked it was the Lions defense for the most part that was losing games for them.
The Lions were bomb's-away last season and they finished 10-6.
Detroit's offensive philosophy is to throw the ball, then throw some more, lead or not.

More wins IMO wouldn't have affected Calvin's numbers negatively at all.

When you only have 11 catches in a game yet have 225 yards receiving, it's because you are a monster WR, not because your QB is throwing you a ton of junk passes.

I can't believe CJ is about to break one of the NFL's once thought to be unbreakable records.

What really helps Calvin from what I've seen of him this season is there isn't another viable WR option opposite him who gives Matt Stafford a better open look on most pass plays than Megatron.

We'll see if anyone comes close to this record besides CJ over the next decade, but I doubt they will.

IMO what Calvin is on the verge of doing is the equivalent of a RB rushing for 2500 yards in the NFL.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
To be fair, the Lions haven't been that bad. They've lost two games to teams they had no business losing to and had 7 games lost by less than 7 points. That schedule ended up being really tough...before the season, you might have chalked up their non-division schedule as one of the easiest in the NFL. Really bad luck there.
Maybe I'm being homer-ish, but I agree that the Lions aren't as bad as their record indicates. I think they're a very similar team to last year, except they had a really easy schedule last year and a really tough schedule this year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Even in this day and age of passing offenses having more leverage than they used to, I didn't think the record would fall. Maybe he gets the 2000 yards.

It would be interesting to see how often he was targeted this season compared to Rice's 1995 year.
He has broken the record with less receptions than Rice had in 1995.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He needs 213 yards for 2105. CJ ends up with more yards than AP, I wonder if it will be the first time the passing record eclipsed the rushing record
Old 12-23-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not meant to take away from Calvin's performance at all, but people using YPC to counter the high attempts argument are missing the point. YPC show not just the quality of the receiver, but also the kind of routes he's running. If you run a lot of deep routes and your team throws the ball a lot you're going to get a lot of chances to catch big passes down the field.

All that said Calvin's been nasty this year, it's a shame Stafford and that defense have shat themselves so often this season and the team as a whole is terribly undisciplined.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
He has broken the record with less receptions than Rice had in 1995.
Right, but I still wonder how often he was targeted and how many balls he dropped. I'm assuming it's not a lot. It would just be interesting to see. That and YAC yards.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Right, but I still wonder how often he was targeted and how many balls he dropped. I'm assuming it's not a lot. It would just be interesting to see. That and YAC yards.
Read somewhere he dropped 8. Those must of been in games i watched because earlier in the year it seemed like it was becoming an issue. Obviously one of the greatest total packages to play the position.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Funny to listen to Packers and Bears fans hatin',lol.
Quote:

If the Lions were any good record wise, why would Megatron's numbers be any less?? Last time I checked it was the Lions defense for the most part that was losing games for them.
Quote:
More wins IMO wouldn't have affected Calvin's numbers negatively at all.
Quote:
When you only have 11 catches in a game yet have 225 yards receiving, it's because you are a monster WR, not because your QB is throwing you a ton of junk passes.
It's not hating. It's simple. Matt Stafford is 6 passes away from breaking the Passing Attempts record. That's probably going to happen on the Lions first drive next week. That's because the Lions suck and have to throw an epic crapton of passes to try to catch up to whatever team is spanking them that week. If you can't see how that correlates to Megatron's stats, it's because you're willfully ignoring it. Not sure why you're talking about YPC instead of the number of targets...

I don't have the numbers from yesterday, but I can tell you that he led the league with 174 targets going into the game. His reception % was 60.9%. He's not even in the top 30 for that. So, yeah. He gets a ton of passes chucked his way and that's why he broke Rice's record. He's awesome, but it's not like he's just been catching every pass thrown at him.

The Lions passing game plan is the same as the Bears: chuck it at the #1 WR and hope he makes a play, over and over. The only difference is that the Bears try (unsuccessfully) to run the ball a lot, too.

Last edited by Monomach : 12-23-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^
I'm not the biggest records guy around but how many times is he getting double teamed or seeing the opposing teams best DB. My guess is the answer to that is pretty much all the time.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ2K is 4 yards behind AD. (passing vs rushing)
Old 12-23-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to discredit Calvin, but I just feel like AD's pursuit of the record has been more impressive. Probably has to do with the playoff hunt and the ridiculous YPC he's putting up.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Not to discredit Calvin, but I just feel like AD's pursuit of the record has been more impressive. Probably has to do with the playoff hunt and the ridiculous YPC he's putting up.
And that Calvin only has 4 touchdowns. And that Peterson came off a torn ACL.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think AD is going to get the rushing record. Now watch him get 35 carries next week.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 12-24-2012 at 12:55 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

2000 yards for a WR is insane... Never thought I'd see it, ever. Might never see it again honestly.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah padding stats while being double teamed the entire game lmao.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote