Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's it gonna be?
Andrew Luck 19 32.20%
Robert Griffin III 18 30.51%
Russell Wilson 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

If RG3 wins his next game he'll be the only rookie to win his division, a division with the defending SB champs, and another playoff team. Going 5-1 and a blown coverage from being 6-0 in arguably the toughest division in football and having easily the toughest schedule of any of the rookies. To even be 9-7 when you have to play that schedule is much more impressive in my book than an 11-5 schedule playing the teams Luck did.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
If RG3 wins his next game he'll be the only rookie to win his division, a division with the defending SB champs, and another playoff team. Going 5-1 and a blown coverage from being 6-0 in arguably the toughest division in football and having easily the toughest schedule of any of the rookies. To even be 9-7 when you have to play that schedule is much more impressive in my book than an 11-5 schedule playing the teams Luck did.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-25-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck has taken a two win team and made them a playoff squad without many other additions to the roster outside of the rookies. He has seven game-winning/comeback drives this year (I know he's created some of the deficits but there's no denying he's come through in crunch time). I think the thing that separates Luck from Wilson and RGIII is he doesn't have the luxury of a very good running game behind him. Marshawn Lynch and Alfred Morris help balance each one of those offenses while Luck has Vick Ballard to fall back on and defenses aren't forced to respect him yet and the Colts offense doesn't have the ability to fall back on him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 12-25-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 12-25-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

The colts over hauled their roster. There is hardly anyone there from the 2-14 season. IIRC something like 16 new starters and 70% overhaul all together. Add in a new FO and staff and what does last years team have to do with this years ? Nothing. Using last year as a guague for success this year for Luck is just ignorant. That said the colts were in a lot of close games last year and I think even a Rex Grossman type would have won them a few more games.

Last edited by jsagan77 : 12-25-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'm curious as to why you believe this.

Because if he loses on SNF, he'll be the only one NOT to lead his team to the playoffs...

I'd guess that would take him out of the race completely given how amazing all three have been.

And I'm rooting for RGIII for financial reasons.
The redskins don't have to beat the cowboys to make the playoffs. Also RG3 could be the only 1 to lead his team to a division title.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:redacted:
Old 12-25-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
What does arguably mean to you? Who is the best division in football in your eyes? I say it's close between the AFC North and NFC east, then probably the NFC North and NFC South (Which is funny cause that's where all RG3's opponents came from this year.

Which rookie QB had the toughest Schedule? Easily RG3.. Which had the easiest? Easily Luck.

And it's simply laughable that people think RG3 has a better supporting cast. If anything it's a wash. It's a real shame (and clearly evident) that people will go out of their way to make any case for Luck they can. If Brandon Weeden had Lucks stats he wouldn't even be in the conversation.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
The redskins don't have to beat the cowboys to make the playoffs. Also RG3 could be the only 1 to lead his team to a division title.
If we don't beat the Cowboys we need a ton of help to get in.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we don't beat the Cowboys we need a ton of help to get in.
We only need the lions to beat the bears and packers to beat the Vikings and we are in
Old 12-25-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does Kirk Cousin coming in against Baltimore, leading Washington to victory and the following week dominating the Cleveland Browns on the road hurt Griffin's case for rookie of the year?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 12-25-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listen if RGIII wins Sunday he deserves the award. I just think he's out of it if they miss the playoffs.

Rookie QBs making the playoffs rarely happens. They aren't going to skip over 2 of them for RGIII. One who was the driving force in a transformation from a 2 win team and the other who will break the rookie Td record with excellent stats on a borderline elite team.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What does arguably mean to you? Who is the best division in football in your eyes? I say it's close between the AFC North and NFC east, then probably the NFC North and NFC South (Which is funny cause that's where all RG3's opponents came from this year.

Which rookie QB had the toughest Schedule? Easily RG3.. Which had the easiest? Easily Luck.

And it's simply laughable that people think RG3 has a better supporting cast. If anything it's a wash. It's a real shame (and clearly evident) that people will go out of their way to make any case for Luck they can. If Brandon Weeden had Lucks stats he wouldn't even be in the conversation.
NFC East is a goddamn joke this year. You cant even argue that theyre the toughest. Id love to hear it, though.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

That 's a lot to go our way in my book. Detroit will look to play spoiler but this is playoff game so the Bears won't lay down and Minny shutdown the Texans last week so I'm hoping this could be a let down game for them if they come in over confident against a Packers team who has quietly had a very good year after a shakey first quarter. Definitely a lot to still be decided.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFCE looked like potentially the toughest division before Week 1 of the NFL season. That's been blown apart now. The Giants have imploded, just like the Eagles did early on. The Cowboys are still just a tease and the Redskins are in the process of redefining their franchise.

It's a very competitive division among all 4 teams, but I wouldn't call it the best.

I think it's going to still come down to the last week of the season. Grif won't win OROTY if he doesn't beat the Cowboys with style points. The only thing Luck has to do is play his usual game and look valiant in a defeat/loss since they're already in the playoffs.

But if Russell Wilson unleashes another offensive slaughterhouse on the Rams, I think he's going to change several voters' minds about who's the best rookie in the game right now.

Wilson may have started off slow, but I don't think there's been a better rookie QB the last half of the season than him.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

You have 3 playoff caliber teams and one who simply imploded. The NFC north is the only other division with 3 teams in the playoff race and I don't think the bears or Vikes are as good as Dallas or NYG.

Either way, it's easy to be a child and say that they aren't but how about your thoughts of who is? I mean if you're even capable of thinking (which I'll be utterly shocked if the posts in this thread are any indication).

Last edited by jsagan77 : 12-25-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I don't know if there really is a "criteria." It's a combination of things. I might go with something as a loose as "biggest impact on the league." All three of these guys have totally changed the faces you think of when you think of who the NFL's best quarterbacks are, and they're going to be there a long time. Really don't think it's something that can be argued definitively; you just pick the one you like best.
I called the AP and talked to the gentleman that runs it the only criteria is that the player must be a rookie everything else is open to the voter.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

I love Wilson but I think if you give Luck or RG3 that D it's not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
The NFCE looked like potentially the toughest division before Week 1 of the NFL season. That's been blown apart now. The Giants have imploded, just like the Eagles did early on. The Cowboys are still just a tease and the Redskins are in the process of redefining their franchise.

It's a very competitive division among all 4 teams, but I wouldn't call it the best.

I think it's going to still come down to the last week of the season. Grif won't win OROTY if he doesn't beat the Cowboys with style points. The only thing Luck has to do is play his usual game and look valiant in a defeat/loss since they're already in the playoffs.

But if Russell Wilson unleashes another offensive slaughterhouse on the Rams, I think he's going to change several voters' minds about who's the best rookie in the game right now.

Wilson may have started off slow, but I don't think there's been a better rookie QB the last half of the season than him.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Listen if RGIII wins Sunday he deserves the award. I just think he's out of it if they miss the playoffs.

Rookie QBs making the playoffs rarely happens. They aren't going to skip over 2 of them for RGIII. One who was the driving force in a transformation from a 2 win team and the other who will break the rookie Td record with excellent stats on a borderline elite team.
Rookies making the Playoffs isn't that rare. Matt Ryan, Flaaco, Yates, Dalton, Ben, now three more have a chance. It's not the feat it used to be for some reason.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
How does Kirk Cousin coming in against Baltimore, leading Washington to victory and the following week dominating the Cleveland Browns on the road hurt Griffin's case for rookie of the year?
The same way Flynn throwing for 6 TDs against the Lions hurt Rodgers in MVP voting. It doesn't.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
The same way Flynn throwing for 6 TDs against the Lions hurt Rodgers in MVP voting. It doesn't.
Plus it's not like Cousins came in and lead them down the field on the TD drive against Baltimore. RG3 came in after being injured and torched their secondary before collapsing in pain. Cousins came in and converted the score but the way RG3 was looking he probably would have too. Then Cousins beat the Juggernaut Browns and all of a sudden RG3's case is tainted. RG3 would have torched the Browns, they're awful.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Plus it's not like Cousins came in and lead them down the field on the TD drive against Baltimore. RG3 came in after being injured and torched their secondary before collapsing in pain. Cousins came in and converted the score but the way RG3 was looking he probably would have too. Then Cousins beat the Juggernaut Browns and all of a sudden RG3's case is tainted. RG3 would have torched the Browns, they're awful.
such a dumb argument. You don't know that. You can't just say that.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
such a dumb argument. You don't know that. You can't just say that.
Eh, in this case you probably can. Sagan's a pretty fervent RGIII homer, but that doesn't mean you can just call everything he says "dumb." They were having their way against Baltimore. What's wrong with saying RGIII probably would've scored, too? At least, there's nothing to suggest he couldn't have, had he been in the game. He's just echoing Mufasa anyway.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-25-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should be a three way tie.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
It should be a three way tie.
That would be great.... I just don't like the film and stat sheets Luck has put out there.... Sam Bradford numbers.
Yardage passing is way more overrated than TDs, Ints, Passer Rating....

Matt Stafford throws for 5000 yards, how great is he really? He's obviously no Rodgers, Manning, or Brady. But he throws for more yards.

I can respect anyone's opinion for Wilson or Griffin as the winner here. But I don't see it for Luck. He should be 3rd place in this race.