Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rise and Fall of Nations Sign-Up/Discussion Thread

Well, I thought with the recent success of some of the mafia games it might be interesting to try another forum game.

Anyways, essentially what this game becomes is a more in-depth version of RISK. Although unlike RISK, the goal isn’t necessarily to just conquer your opponent. You can establish alliances, build a militaristic empire, or decide to build economic utopia, etc. You can declare war if you like, or walk the route of peace. I suppose if I had to sum it up, it’s like an awesome version of RISK combined with something like model U.N.

I won’t go too crazy into some of the rules or explaining the game, as I’m not sure how interested people will be. Essentially the game is pretty relaxed though. Depending how active people are, or aren’t, the game can slow down or speed up as needed. People post in an “actions” thread, as well as use PM’s to send other types of actions (actions aren’t from a set list, it’s basically whatever you like to do).

I've done this on other forums with a lot of success. People usually have a blast. You don’t necessarily need to be politically minded or have a ton of knowledge of certain countries as there are a lot of information resources to rely on to help you out. I try not to make the game too complex. This is usually a pretty good game, as I mentioned before, as it doesn't need to go a hundred miles an hour in order to get things done. Also, because of that, I don’t think it would interfere if the mafia games pick back up, or if people get busy with everyday life.

Basically, each week you write up a post (it can be long if you want, or succinct and straight to the point) detailing your various actions of your country. Declare war, make spending cut backs, or open diplomatic relations with any number of countries.

Well, that’s probably enough of me blabbering on, so if anyone wants to sign up just say so here. This thread is just to gauge interest, and if enough people do sign up, I’ll get into some of the rules (there aren’t too many!) and we could pick countries later, which will probably be done draft style so it’s fair.

I'd say if we can get at least 8-10 people to sign up we can go forward and I'll explain exactly how everything works.

Signed Up

Vidae
Rob S
Fenikz
Giantsfan 1080
*** Ork Wang
Grizzlegom
Cigaro
Dr. Gonzo
Caddy
RufusMcDaniel
CJ Schneier
bantx
AntoinCD
ImBrotherCain
Buckeye
Shane P. Hallam
SuperMcGee
Bulldogs
Scottyboy

Last edited by Forenci : 11-20-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in for showwwwwww.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be in to at least see how one round goes.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vidae and I already have an alliance. We are combining countries and naming our new homeland Transylvania, which we would have already ridded of vampires.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya im interested, i will be putting all of my military money into building giant mechs

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This sounds really fun. I'm in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ALSO, I'd like to point out that I will be acting as the "moderator." Essentially, the moderator determines how successful certain actions are, as well as throws in other interesting elements (such as natural disasters, outcomes of wars, etc.).

Although you CAN do whatever you want, the moderator attempts to keep it in the realm of realism. For example, if you're the US and try to convert to a communist nation over night you'll probably have wide scale riots and your government would be toppled (just an extreme example). Or if you nuke Canada, that might cause some issues (as much as we all want it to happen).
Old 11-19-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Vidae and I already have an alliance. We are combining countries and naming our new homeland Transylvania, which we would have already ridded of vampires.
We are MASONED! PLEASE BELIEVE US!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i guess im in

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this going to require multiple looks throughout the day? I'm usually a little limited at times mostly weekends.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-19-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Is this going to require multiple looks throughout the day? I'm usually a little limited at times mostly weekends.
It really just depends. Essentially it's turn-based. Everyone has to make their post on their countries actions and then we wait until they're all in. Then I make my response and post it and so on. It's very self-paced. I might start off slow with requiring a person to post their actions once a week and go from there.

Depends how many people sign up. More people = longer it takes to advance.

So basically, no to answer your question. You can look at it a few times a week, if we're not going too fast.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Excellent. Should be a good one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-19-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds fun, sign me up!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this isn't as fast paced as mafia and just requires checking in multiple times a week, I can certainly manage. So sign me up!

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This sounds awesome. I am very much in.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm Australia.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm Australia.
I'm sure nobody want Australia anyway.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm Australia.
Does that mean you're in? Haha.

And like I said, I'll probably ask to see what country everyone wants and then if there are a lot of conflicts either hold a draft or just resolve it separately.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Does that mean you're in? Haha.

And like I said, I'll probably ask to see what country everyone wants and then if there are a lot of conflicts either hold a draft or just resolve it separately.
Yes I'm in! I will not be partaking in the draft as I believe nobody has a better claim to it!

Also, we have all the mining resources one could dream of. I will be accepting applications to be my friend shortly.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Neat. And I'm not sure when to start. I wouldn't mind starting it off a little smaller to begin. Honestly, another thing that is awesome about this game is people can join up even when its in progress (or at least after a turn is completed). Any country that isn't occupied people can hop in.

I MAY start it at 10 people.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First order of business for my country, legalizing drugs and prostitution and offering any member of my military plenty of both on the house.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

My first order of business as the United States is to invade Australia for their precious natural resources and women. Once all of the men are enslaved I will be auctioning off the women to the highest bidders. All of them except my beautiful Yvonne. She stays with me always.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
My first order of business as the United States is to invade Australia for their precious natural resources and women. Once all of the men are enslaved I will be auctioning off the women to the highest bidders. All of them except my beautiful Yvonne. She stays with me always.
Classic evil Vidae.

I think it is only logical that I rep China though I am very tempted to go all North Korea on your asses. First order of business, nuke Caddy.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to play, and I would like to be australia

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

We should all nuke Caddy so he still dies night 1. I'll be New Zealand and swoop in and claim the territory.