Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-01-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Wildcard Round - Packers vs Vikings

PF's run came to and end on Sunday, so it looks as though it's down to me to carry us all the way to the Superbowl!

I think this game comes down to how well Christian Ponder plays. If we can stop him converting on 3rd downs and getting big plays, I don't think Adrian Peterson alone will be enough to beat us.

Being at home is obviously a big advantage. Hopefully we win comfortably, but it could be a nail biter.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Being at home is obviously a big advantage. Hopefully we win comfortably, but it could be a nail biter.
I hope so but don't think so.
Not only did Peterson gash us for more yards back in week 13 than he did last week in Minny, our recent home playoff history shows a lot of carnage.

Lost to NY Giants
Lost to NY Giants
Beat Seattle
Lost to Minnesota
Lost to Atlanta

Our last 5 home playoff games, ALL has about touchdown-favorites, we only advanced once.
4 Lambeau Letdowns.

PS, I am trying to keep us all informed this week and hopefully thru the Super Bowl, over here:

http://packersinsider.com/2013/01/pl...ckers-defense/
Old 01-01-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we lose twice in a row to the Viqueens I may have to off myself.

I expect another close game but also expect us to move on. We have the revenge card....
Really a lot of little things cost us last week. The noncatch ruled a catch which we couldn't challenge gave the Vikings 7 when they would have had to punt. Tramon Williams stupid self also allowing the Vikings to continue and get 7 when they would have kicked a fg. Plus we had a turnover and did we force any?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I hope so but don't think so.
Not only did Peterson gash us for more yards back in week 13 than he did last week in Minny, our recent home playoff history shows a lot of carnage.

Lost to NY Giants
Lost to NY Giants
Beat Seattle
Lost to Minnesota
Lost to Atlanta

Our last 5 home playoff games, ALL has about touchdown-favorites, we only advanced once.
4 Lambeau Letdowns.

PS, I am trying to keep us all informed this week and hopefully thru the Super Bowl, over here:

http://packersinsider.com/2013/01/pl...ckers-defense/
We beat them here earlier in the season.

And Ponder outside of a dome is probably a bigger drop off than Rodgers outside a dome. We lost last week because we allowed Ponder to play well. He'll have a harder time doing that at Lambeau.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-01-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out these nuggets:

-Rodgers is THE ONLY starting QB in the NFC Playoffs who has a single playoff win.

-Rodgers has not lost back-to-back games since week 5 & 6 of the 2010 season.

-Minnesota has a total of ZERO wins this season outoor.

That's the good.

The bad is we are 1-4 in our last 5 home playoff games on what used to be the best homefield advantage in NFL playoff history. All 4 of those losses came with us as a 7+ point favorite. That applies this week as well.

WOODSON has been cleared, he's good to go!
Randall Cobb practiced today. He appears all-systems go.
There was some concern in McCarthy's voice about Jordy's knee.
Said they'd know more tomorrow. That's not a good thing. He's the unique guy among our WR's.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team has only lost 1 home playoff game. All those other losses were with completely different players and more importantly, a completely different QB

Also, I don't know what is up with Jordy. I know he hurt his knee in the game but he stayed in and had that long reception after the injury(I believe) as well as got the teams last TD. He sure looked fine to me.

as you say, we'll find out more tomorrow
Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Jordy did get caught from behind on that long one... because he was worried he'd be horse-collared or mauled down like Boykin or something.... so he was stiff-arming instead of racing to the house.
I wondered then if he didn't feel 100% because a 100% Jordy scores there.

Hope he's okay, love the big receiver running past the little bruthaz.

If he's out, it would have been Boykin's turn dammit.
Jeremy Ross next?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he has to miss the game I'm going to laugh. I swear, all year long it's been like some sort of rule where this team cannot have all of it's 4 WR's on the field together(Jordy, Jennings, Cobb, Jones). The timing of the injuries are just ridiculous

Jennings misses most of the year, he finally returns near the end of the season, only for Jordy to immediately go down in the same game that Jennings does return in

Jordy is set to return in week 17 @ Minnesota....but of course in Week 16 Randall Cobb had to go down.

Now, Cobb is set to return for the wildcard game, while Jordy is now nursing some hurt knee and his status is unknown

At this point, if I'm James Jones I'd be worried about going down next
Old 01-02-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

It's a shame cause with all of them on the field at the same time our offense would be so much better. Nelson and Jones on the outside and Jennings and Cobb in the slot = perfection. With Boykin, and now Jeremy Ross it's just not the same.

Hopefully Nelson is healthy for the Divisional round, assuming we get through, cause having all of them healthy could be crucial for us when we play the 49ers.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-02-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best chance the Pack have at winning is to get a lead. Make Minnesota more one dimensional. Force Ponder to make throws and make him uncomfortable.

Hopefully this time Tramon doesn't get caught up in the ghettoness of Simpson. I could tell from the start that dirtbag was trying to get under Williams skin. Its a shame Williams allowed it to happen.

I'm also banking on Capers being a little more aggressive this go around. I thought he played pretty vanilla D on Sunday and I expect him to try and confuse Ponder a little more this week... I guess time will tell. Hopefully I'm right.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

It would be nice if Tramon helped out the rest of the D in attempting to fill a lane OR slow down/try to tackle Peterson rather than just duck away. Dude was atrocious in Week 17. I hope he brings his nutsack this weekend

Also, Jordy returned to practice today and looked fine. Yesterday one of the reporters used the word "ominous" when trying to decipher the ****** tone of McCarthy's voice in reference to MM talking about Jordy's injury, but it was just the writer's own interpretation of things. Clearly, he was off because Jordy is back and is fine
Old 01-02-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cobb isn't off returns this week and beyond I will be rather disappointed. He is far to valuable to the O to be doing in. Not only that hr has been in a huge slump as of late barely making any difference back there. Ross has provided a spark and in both games had had electric plays. In Minnesota he had multiple, it makes so much sense to switch do it now damnit don't wait.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-02-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
The best chance the Pack have at winning is to get a lead. Make Minnesota more one dimensional. Force Ponder to make throws and make him uncomfortable.

Hopefully this time Tramon doesn't get caught up in the ghettoness of Simpson. I could tell from the start that dirtbag was trying to get under Williams skin. Its a shame Williams allowed it to happen.
[IMG]http://media.jrn.com/images/660*567/mjs-packers31-48-of-hoffman(2).jpg-packers31(2).jpg[/IMG]
For some reason, that damn URL doesn't work.
Here's Tramon avoiding contact on his shoulder:

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-02-2013 at 05:42 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
If Cobb isn't off returns this week and beyond I will be rather disappointed. He is far to valuable to the O to be doing in. Not only that hr has been in a huge slump as of late barely making any difference back there. Ross has provided a spark and in both games had had electric plays. In Minnesota he had multiple, it makes so much sense to switch do it now damnit don't wait.
Yeah, when they said they would wait until the end of the season they probably didn't expect Jeremy Ross to be his good. With him proving he can be a capable return man I see no reason why we would keep Cobb in there.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-02-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

http://packersinsider.com/?p=5054
Are they? Or will they?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
http://packersinsider.com/?p=5054
Are they? Or will they?
The play from our safeties has me most concerned about the Packers' ability to return to the Super Bowl. Woodson's return may help this or it may not.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Assuming all the weapons are healthy and full-systems go, what's your %age you'd like to see each guy play?

I'm going to put the # of targets/carries I'd like to see, roughly.

Jones (8)
Jennings (7)
Cobb (7)
Jordy (7)
Jermichael (7)
36 pass attempts, 31 completions. Arod misses one per guy.
Each of the 5 guys catches 1 touchdown.

DuJuan Harris (14 carries, 3 catches)
Alex Green (4 carries, 1 catch)
Ryan Grant(0 carries, 0 catches)

That makes Rodgers 35/40, not bad.
Doable too if the OL plays their best.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-02-2013 at 11:14 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Here's what you like to see

Cobb - Full participant
Nelson - Full participant
Woodson - Full participant
A Green - Full participant
House - Full participant
Starks - Limited participant

Worthy and Boykin are the only ones out. Worthy was obviously placed on IR yesterday. Tramon Williams didn't practice today because he has flu like symptoms(this is going around the team lately)

MM presser

- Cobb and Nelson looked good out there. See how both respond tomorrow. Both guys pushed themselves the last 2 days in practice to see how they'd respond. So far, so good

- NO LIMITATIONS OR RESTRICTIONS on Woodson. "Going to let him just play", MM said. Some thought that they'd ease him back into the game/be on a snap count, but MM said that won't be the case. He's been basically practicing for over a month, so he's in game shape. Leaning on his game experience for when they thrust him back out there this Saturday
Old 01-03-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Just found out ill be in Lambeau Saturday night! This is going to be my 3rd time going. Last time I went was in 2001 and 2002

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Just found out ill be in Lambeau Saturday night! This is going to be my 3rd time going. Last time I went was in 2001 and 2002
Do we win when you go?

No team in the division has been as bad at stopping Peterson as the Packers have.
He's got 300 & 400 more yards against us than the Lions & Bears respectively.

A big key to the game, and I don't mean sour grapes, will be just how much holding the refs let the Vikings blockers get away with.
Think about that. We know holding goes on all the time in games, both sides.

But when a team makes its living running like they do with 28, it's a big deal if they let the TEs and WRs get away with blatant holding like Rudolph, Jenkins, and Simpson did last week and 4 weeks ago. I've seen less called holding than some they got away with.

We need the refs to call those early, which might force them to try and block more legally, allowing our guys to get off blocks easier and into Peterson.

It's the same way with receivers pushing off, or DB's grabbing & holding. Refs have to call that stuff early or it will continue and get worse.

We want a fair called game because we're the better team. We can't control luck, but if the game is called fairly and we play well, we move on to the 49ers.
http://t.co/bMMtPTIN
Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

asking the refs to help out by calling holding more is weak...the biggest issue isn't getting to Peterson; it's all about tackling and bringing him down...we've failed in that department far too much and his success against us has nothing to do with refs failing to call some penalties

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
asking the refs to help out by calling holding more is weak...the biggest issue isn't getting to Peterson; it's all about tackling and bringing him down...we've failed in that department far too much and his success against us has nothing to do with refs failing to call some penalties
True, but in reviewing the film, I saw a lot of holds on the edges allowed.
Holds that I have seen called thousands of times before.
If the refs set the tone early, call it tight, they won't be able to block like that.
And that will have an impact. I don't mind it being a factor.

Of course our ***** DB's need to tackle better. Hawk, Jones too.

Could Jeremy Ross be a Desmond Howard type of spark for this Packers playoff run?
http://packersinsider.com/?p=5070
Old 01-03-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

If my memory from the past half hour is correct:

The last time the team with the best record in the regular season won the Super Bowl that season was the 2003 Patriots. That doesn't bode well for Denver and Atlanta. This "stat" I am 100% sure about.

Also, 6 of the last 7 seasons, a team playing on Wildcard Weekend has gone on to win the Super Bowl. It was either this, or has gone to the Super Bowl, not necessarily won it. Either way, that bodes well for the non-top 2 seeds.

And I believe the last player to win the MVP and the Super Bowl that same season was Kurt Warner and the 1999 Rams. So Rodgers may have been jinxed last year with that, but he won't this year. It's going to be Peterson, or maybe Manning, this time.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Stop it with all these pointless facts that have nothing to do with anything!

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Stop it with all these pointless facts that have nothing to do with anything!
Trends, saw them all day long on Twitter from various Packer and NFL reporters!

This is what we have to stop Saturday:

I got the Over/Under for Peterson at 150 yards.
What you got?