Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-02-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2014 looks fine for QB if underclassmen come out. This year is terrible.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'd keep Johnny Manziel in mind when talking 2014 QBs.
Because people want another version of Colt McCoy, but built like a bird?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Because people want another version of Colt McCoy, but built like a bird?
Manziel would get destroyed in the NFL. Classic case of having great speed for college but at the next level he'd get run down by 260 lb DEs and his build is horrific to take shots.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both looked good....Clowney is a freak
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Manziel would get destroyed in the NFL. Classic case of having great speed for college but at the next level he'd get run down by 260 lb DEs and his build is horrific to take shots.
That's basically what I mean by "built like a bird".

Birds are fast and lightweight, but if you hit one with a rock... they basically die. It's sort of how I viewed RG3. I'm afraid his career will be over on a bad hit. Liked him in college, but every time he took a big hit, it looked like someone dropped an 18 wheeler semi on him. (despite the fact that he was 225 pounds)
Old 01-02-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Manzel will have millions of doubters. As of today I am a doubter that he will succeed in the NFL. But on the other hand, who thought the horrific build of Mazel would run circles around SEC defenses and win a heisman?
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Birds are fast and lightweight, but if you hit one with a rock... they basically die. It's sort of how I viewed RG3. I'm afraid his career will be over on a bad hit. Liked him in college, but every time he took a big hit, it looked like someone dropped an 18 wheeler semi on him. (despite the fact that he was 225 pounds)
I was agreeing with you obviously.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspinners View Post
Manzel will have millions of doubters. As of today I am a doubter that he will succeed in the NFL. But on the other hand, who thought the horrific build of Mazel would run circles around SEC defenses and win a heisman?
We'll see how he does without 2 1st round OTs next year. I'd also like to see him put on some weight
Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see if the 2013 QB class can come in and have half the sucseese the QB's did this year, it will show us one of two things 1) an average prospect can turn a bad team a better or 2) don't take a guy unless you are Sure he is a Franchise player.

If option one happens then a QB will go first no matter how Elite another Prospect is. If option two happens then teams will have to ask do I take Joe Flacco or JJ Watt, a QB who can be pretty good but will never be an Elite guy who can Win games himself or a DE that can take a game over by himself plus make everyone better around him.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
We'll see how he does without 2 1st round OTs next year. I'd also like to see him put on some weight
That's exactly what I am wondering.

People are not giving TAMU's OL (which was top 3 in the country) enough credit. 2 elite OTs and a strong pass blocking line... He's going to be tested a lot more if/when he losses that.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspinners View Post
dudes helmet went six yards in the air
lol it was like his helmet stayed where his head should have been had the poor guy not been physical dismantled, before being thrown backwards of course.

Last edited by OzTitan : 01-02-2013 at 01:58 AM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:12 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Anything to avoid drafting a QB in KC?
If you're looking at a player who's actually elite, yeah I'd be more willing to pass on a QB in the first to take someone like Clowney.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just looked into my crystal ball. The Raiders are going to select Matt Barkley 3rd overall then trade with the Pats to get their 1st round pick for Oakland's 2014 1st round pick. Raiders suck as usual and the Pats get Clowney with the 1st pick. That's how these things happen

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 is built like a WR. Manziel is built like a CB.

If Clowney laid a hit like the one yesterday on him I'm not sure he's getting up.

Also re: Clowney vs QB for Jax. DE (pass rusher) is the only position I'd consider taking over a QB now. LT has become massively overvalued in the NFL. It's simply not that important anymore. As long as you don't have a sieve there you can get by.

But if you use the Jake Long/Matt Ryan comp, I'm going to use the Julius Peppers/Joey Harrington comp for whatever garbage QB is #1 next year.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After re-watching most of the game, I don't see how you can be disappointed with Lewan if you're an NFL scout. Did Lewan dominate Clowney all game? No, but he did hold him in check for most of it? Yes. Lewan held Clowney without a sack and only a few quarterback pressures. Clowney did draw a holding call in the 2nd quarter, but Lewan's success against him caused him to jump off-sides twice. Upon further review, Clowney was not Lewan's assignment on the big hit that forced the fumble. For what it's worth, both players told the other that they were the best player they've ever faced.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
After re-watching most of the game, I don't see how you can be disappointed with Lewan if you're an NFL scout. Did Lewan dominate Clowney all game? No, but he did hold him in check for most of it? Yes. Lewan held Clowney without a sack and only a few quarterback pressures. Clowney did draw a holding call in the 2nd quarter, but Lewan's success against him caused him to jump off-sides twice. Upon further review, Clowney was not Lewan's assignment on the big hit that forced the fumble. For what it's worth, both players told the other that they were the best player they've ever faced.
I'd say the guy who made money yesterday was Lewan, Clowney's reputation has already been established.

Starting to really warm to that group of OTs that might be available. Joeckel will come out and if DJ Fluker and Justin Pugh of Syracuse follow it may be a real good one.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would agree with Manziel and Griffin being slight in frame. Manziel has a few years to put a little more weight and muscle mass on. Manziel is more elusive and nimble than Griffin while Griffin is faster in a straight line.

Manziel does need to improve his arm strength but other than that I like him as a prospect.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote