Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Especially with the OL woes Reid just went through this year in Philly. If you have solid pieces, keep them.

Dwayne Bowe has to walk I guess.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Dwayne Bowe has to walk I guess.
I actually think both will be back. They know they have a coach that has won in this league and will do what it takes to get a good QB in here for this team. I can see them both being back easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
welcome to the new hell of, "the chiefs should do every conceivable thing in the draft that doesn't involve fixing the one position they've needed to fix for over a decade." cling to your sanity, worse is coming.
I'm trying, but it's getting tough. Especially when I see mocks from "experts" that say there is no QB worth the first overall pick, but have one going third overall. April is soon.. April is soon.. *rocks back and forth*

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which QB prospect would Reid be most interested in? I'm guessing that #1 pick is a big reason why he was interested in the first place.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I actually think both will be back. They know they have a coach that has won in this league and will do what it takes to get a good QB in here for this team. I can see them both being back easily.

That would be best scenario.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Which QB prospect would Reid be most interested in? I'm guessing that #1 pick is a big reason why he was interested in the first place.
Geno is the perfect fit for his offense, so I'm expecting him in KC red next year. We'll see though. A lot can happen between now and April.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

Chiefs are in a very good position to find a good quarterback but I am not sure whether or not it is Geno Smith because the combine is a month away.

Cardinals are not going to keep Kevin Kolb's contract. Nick Foles and Kirk Cousins could be available for trades.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I am completely uninterested in trading for another teams QB. The Chiefs have done that for 30 years. One of the big reasons Reid is in KC has to be that #1 overall pick and his ability to pick his own guy.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly doubt that a) KC pays Bowe the most money and b) he gives them a hometown discount. If Miami or New England or some other WR starved team comes calling for Vincent Jackson type money the Chiefs aren't going to outbid them. Bowe seems like the type of guy to go to whoever pays the most and I can't see any scenario where that ends up being KC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I highly doubt that a) KC pays Bowe the most money and b) he gives them a hometown discount. If Miami or New England or some other WR starved team comes calling for Vincent Jackson type money the Chiefs aren't going to outbid them. Bowe seems like the type of guy to go to whoever pays the most and I can't see any scenario where that ends up being KC.
We'll see. I could see the Chiefs giving Bowe a VJ type of deal easily. We're under the cap by a good margin and he's our best WR threat and it isn't close. Reid is going to want at least some WR talent on his team.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you like Michael Vick vidae.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ya, cuz it's obvious he'd bring in the guy he benched in Philly.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya, cuz it's obvious he'd bring in the guy he benched in Philly.
That was fan pressure. When it came down to it Vick was "his guy".

Not sure why you'd be mad at that. Vick is better than Geno.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least he is not in the NFC West.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Vick is in no way better than Geno is right now. Vick is in no way better than any QB in this draft. Vick is one of the worst QBs in the league right now.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Flynn to KC mark it down.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Vick turned the ball over as much if not more then Cassel...that's saying something
Old 01-04-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't disagree with you.

I think it's going to be very hard to keep Bowe. They could get it done but I think there is more of a chance of him leaving than staying.

I would love to be wrong.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't think is interested in trading for a QB. Doesn't seem like his style.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I don't disagree with you.

I think it's going to be very hard to keep Bowe. They could get it done but I think there is more of a chance of him leaving than staying.

I would love to be wrong.
I think it was impossible to keep Bowe with Pioli here. With Reid and Dorsey (or Heckert) I think the chance he stays and is signed long term just went up a lot. I still think it's 50/50 or so, but that's better than the 0% chance we had before.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think it was impossible to keep Bowe with Pioli here. With Reid and Dorsey (or Heckert) I think the chance he stays and is signed long term just went up a lot. I still think it's 50/50 or so, but that's better than the 0% chance we had before.

Or Chiefs successfully re-signed Albert and tag Bowe as make a trade for non exclusive franchised Bowe. That way, Reid could get Smith and Hopkins in the 1st round. I am not sure about having Bowe and Baldwin as big WOs for Reid. Hopkins is a perfect WR for Reid and his offensive style.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
At least he is not in the NFC West.
I'm sure the NFC West would be shaking in their boots had he took the Arizona job.

I love how a guy who has done nada for several years now is all of a sudden Vince Lombardi reincarnated.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm sure the NFC West would be shaking in their boots had he took the Arizona job.

I love how a guy who has done nada for several years now is all of a sudden Vince Lombardi reincarnated.
Andy Reid is a good coach. The majority of his tenure in Philadelphia was successful and has arguably been their best coach maybe ever? He has proved he can turn a team around. People thought Shanahan was done during his last few years in Denver and his first couple of seasons in Washington.

I was concerned when Jeff Fisher became the coach of the Rams, and we're already starting to see a better team over there.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Andy Reid is a good coach. The majority of his tenure in Philadelphia was successful and has arguably been their best coach maybe ever? He has proved he can turn a team around. People thought Shanahan was done during his last few years in Denver and his first couple of seasons in Washington.

I was concerned when Jeff Fisher became the coach of the Rams, and we're already starting to see a better team over there.
I agree. His track record speaks for itself:

So out of 14 seasons he only had 3 seasons below .500, and won 6 division titles. Nearly every team would sign up for that. It's not like he had a HOF QB there to piggy back a ton of wins off of either, in a QB driven league he typically can find crap and mold it into an average piece of clay and convince other teams he's a stud in the making.

He's not the best coach in the NFL, but what he has done speaks for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote