Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-11-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
i like the hire, hopefully he can change the team up, we need an outside person, and i also like the idea of carlise. we need to drastically shake up the team. this might be what we need. i expect us to try and trade up and get a great player. it would not surprise me if we traded Yi. who is basically gone after this year anyway
not saying i disagree with trading Yi or anything, just curious why you say he is "basically gone after this year"?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
not saying i disagree with trading Yi or anything, just curious why you say he is "basically gone after this year"?
Yi wants to play in a more diverse and larger market

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

yea he has openly said after his rookie contract he is gone. so minus well get something for him.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the future....

-Michael Redd is under contract through 2010/11
-Bobby Simmons has two years remaining...he'll definitely be a piece they try and trade
-Maurice Williams is under contract through 2012/13...think he's on his way out too; not a true point guard
-Desmond Mason is done after next season
-Dan Gadzuric is under contract through 2010/11...try and trade him too
-Andrew Bogut has a qualifying offer coming up after next season and I expect Hammonds to lock him up long term
-Charlie Bell is under contract through 2011/12...think he'll be here next season but not sure
-Yi Jianlian is under contract through 2010/11 with qualifying offer coming up in 2011/12...I'm sure Hammonds will talk to him about his committment to Milwaukee; he's a toss up
-Charlie Villanueva has a qualifying offer after next season...another player I expect them to lock up long term
-Ramon Sessions will be a life long backup whether it's Milwaukee is the question.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

the question now is this a complete rebuild or just a reloading, if it is a rebuild then no one is really safe. if it is a reload. i could see williams, yi, and simmons being traded
Old 04-11-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
the question now is this a complete rebuild or just a reloading, if it is a rebuild then no one is really safe. if it is a reload. i could see williams, yi, and simmons being traded
I'm gonna guess that it'll be a little bit of both if you know what i mean. He's gonna keep players like Redd, Bogut, maybe Yi, and Villanueva and with the lottery pick this year there's a chance to add another contributor. I think Hammond is going to want to put his own stamp on this team and whether it's through rebuilding or retooling has yet to be determined

Old 04-11-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i think a rebuilding would be more effective. but i am hesitant about destroying the team. but this will be a good draft class to do it.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea he has openly said after his rookie contract he is gone. so minus well get something for him.
ok, i misunderstood you a bit i think. I thought you were saying after this year as in the year that'll be done in a couple weeks, he was gonna be gone, not when his contract runs up.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

its all good. i like the idea of trading out player for either young potential players or picks. cause something needs to get fixed with this team.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

lol, what a dumb game tonight was. Havent watched a bucks game in a few weeks but kinda wish i woulda seen tonight, had to be somewhat exciting with all the points flying around. Nothing like a 20 point, 8 board, 24 assist performance from Ramon Sessions in a blowout loss.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
lol, what a dumb game tonight was. Havent watched a bucks game in a few weeks but kinda wish i woulda seen tonight, had to be somewhat exciting with all the points flying around. Nothing like a 20 point, 8 board, 24 assist performance from Ramon Sessions in a blowout loss.
Sessions is a TRUE PG and that is what the team needs...Mo Williams, IMO, is on his way out of town

Old 04-16-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Ramon Sessions with another big night

25 points, 14 assists, 7 rebounds

Old 04-16-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

where did this guy come from cause i have not heard from him all year.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
where did this guy come from cause i have not heard from him all year.
rookie from Nevada

Old 04-16-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

nice, i approve so far might become a building block
Old 04-16-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
nice, i approve so far might become a building block
I will be very suprised if he is not the starting PG next year

Old 04-17-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3351403

Krystkowiak officially fired

Old 04-17-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

thank god, now lets go out and find a new good caoch
Old 04-21-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3356713

Scott Skiles to be named the Bucks new head coach

Old 04-21-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

Dont know how to feel about it. Would have rather gotten Carlilse but Skiles has experience and seemed like a decent coach when I used to watch the Bulls. That's a lot better than what we've had here recently.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Dont know how to feel about it. Would have rather gotten Carlilse but Skiles has experience and seemed like a decent coach when I used to watch the Bulls. That's a lot better than what we've had here recently.
Skiles is a good hire and he should be able to light a fire under these players' asses and get them going.

There was also an article about Michael Redd and his play this year in the Journal-Sentinel and I believe he is done as a Milwaukee Buck. He's work ethic has gone down and he isn't the same player that we threw 90 million at. The team, with new managment and a new coach, need a new face of the franchise and hopefully that'll happen with us getting one of the first two picks in the upcoming draft.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

so it looks like a fire sale might happen, and no one is truly safe, should be interesting to watch
Old 04-21-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Skiles' deal is four years, fully guaranteed

Old 04-21-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i like the skiles hiring, should be interesting to watch.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Skiles adds a couple big things. Stability and fire. Good hire for you. I still don't know wtf happened in Chicago...

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote