Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 06-22-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Getting Beasley would be a dream. Rose would be awesome too. Just too good to happen to us IMO.
Haha true. I think that Beasley would be a great fit for us but I don't see us trading up with Miami to get him. But you never know. Come Thursday we'll get the first look at how Hammond is going to go about rebuilding the Bucks and I for one cannot wait.
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Joe Alexander made a second visit to the Bucks on Monday, although it was unannounced. The team only acknowledged his presence after the media saw Alexander in house. He's projected by many to be going to the Bucks with the No. 8 pick, so the fact he got another look makes sense. The Bucks also reportedly have interest in Anthony Randolph.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/arch...her-visit.aspx
Old 06-23-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampman for President View Post
Joe Alexander made a second visit to the Bucks on Monday, although it was unannounced. The team only acknowledged his presence after the media saw Alexander in house. He's projected by many to be going to the Bucks with the No. 8 pick, so the fact he got another look makes sense. The Bucks also reportedly have interest in Anthony Randolph.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/arch...her-visit.aspx
hmmmm....gonna be the pick?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
hmmmm....gonna be the pick?
Might be. I'd prefer someone with a little higher upside though.

Chad Ford says the Bucks are trying to move to up as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ckDraft-080623
Old 06-23-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Might be. I'd prefer someone with a little higher upside though.

Chad Ford says the Bucks are trying to move to up as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ckDraft-080623
That's a very interesting mock by Mr. Ford

Old 06-23-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
That's a very interesting mock by Mr. Ford
Really shakes up what his past mocks. Thats why I don't really take much stock into NBA mocks. There's so much trading that goes on its hard to find much substance.

I like that he says the Bucks might have the best chance of trading up to #3. I think that Hammond wants OJ Mayo pretty badly.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:45 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I am really anxious to see what the bucks are going to do tonight as far as wheeling and dealing

Old 06-26-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

BUCKS TRADE

Milwaukee receives SF Richard Jefferson from the Nets for PF Yi Jianlian and SF Bobby Simmons

Old 06-26-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BUCKS TRADE

Milwaukee receives SF Richard Jefferson from the Nets for PF Yi Jianlian and SF Bobby Simmons
Wow, great trade. Get rid of an unhappy player, an underperforming player with a huge contract, and solve the SF position. Good job by Hammond fixing Larry Harris' mistakes.

Also this most likely means we won't draft Alexander which is an extra bonus.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Wow, great trade. Get rid of an unhappy player, an underperforming player with a huge contract, and solve the SF position. Good job by Hammond fixing Larry Harris' mistakes.

Also this most likely means we won't draft Alexander which is an extra bonus.
We will and Alexander will play the 4

Old 06-26-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I just don't see it happening. I know there's been a lot of talk about taking him and we've shown interest in him, but I think we go elsewhere. With Yi gone I think we'll go for the high potential pick in Anthony Randolph. I know acquiring Jefferson could mean a win now approach, but I think the potential of Randolph is too much to pass on for the immediate impact of Alexander.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Eh, I just don't see it happening. I know there's been a lot of talk about taking him and we've shown interest in him, but I think we go elsewhere. With Yi gone I think we'll go for the high potential pick in Anthony Randolph. I know acquiring Jefferson could mean a win now approach, but I think the potential of Randolph is too much to pass on for the immediate impact of Alexander.
I would be very open to Randolph being the selection and his potential is great, but I don't know if he has the toughness, or will evr have the toughness, to work in Skiles' system

Old 06-26-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
I would be very open to Randolph being the selection and his potential is great, but I don't know if he has the toughness, or will evr have the toughness, to work in Skiles' system
I agree. If Alexander is there we take him. I'd love to trade up and get one of the top 3 or 4 players.

Personally I'm kind of sad that we gave up on Yi already. He showed some flashes and with all the **** that we went through to sign him it just sucks seeing him go after 1 year. At least we dumped Simmons but we're out a lottery pick and pick up a high salary player in Jefferson. Looks like the Bucks want to win now which kind of eliminates Randolph IMO. I really think we'll be looking to trade up for a PG.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I would have liked to move up for Westbrook, but it seems the Clippers already did that.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I would have liked to move up for Westbrook, but it seems the Clippers already did that.
Ramon Sessions should be given the PG job, and I hope Mo Williams is moved tonight

Old 06-26-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Not according to ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ckDraft-080626
Old 06-26-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Wow, well I sure hope he's right then. If we could stay at 8 and get a PG that'd be great.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Wow, well I sure hope he's right then. If we could stay at 8 and get a PG that'd be great.
Same here. I really want Westbrook or to move up for Mayo.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Well there goes Westbrook.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Thank you Knicks! Hopefully the Bucks take either Bayless or Gordon. Bayless would be ideal at this point IMO.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Thank you Knicks! Hopefully the Bucks take either Bayless or Gordon. Bayless would be ideal at this point IMO.
If they take Bayless they better have a deal set up for moving Mo Williams out of town

Old 06-26-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why trade for a SF then draft a SF in the same day?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Alexander will play PF. I don't like the pick. He's a stiff whereas Bayless has potential to be a top PG.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
for the last time....he will play the 4

Old 06-26-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
for the last time....he will play the 4
Just like we tried to do with Yi and Villanueva. He's a 3 and shouldn't be forced to be a PF.