Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 06-26-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Just like we tried to do with Yi and Villanueva. He's a 3 and shouldn't be forced to be a PF.
it's a system thing...he has the size, strength, and athletic ability to compete with 4s at this level and will fit nicely in Skiles' system

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
it's a system thing...he has the size, strength, and athletic ability to compete with 4s at this level and will fit nicely in Skiles' system
You were right, I was wrong. :D
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see who is available for the Bucks at 37....They are set at the 1,4, and 5 so they'll probably look at a young 2, maybe 3.

Look for Gary Forbes to be the pick

Old 06-26-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see who is available for the Bucks at 37....They are set at the 1,4, and 5 so they'll probably look at a young 2, maybe 3.

Look for Gary Forbes to be the pick
I'd like to see a backup center. Get rid of Gadz.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampman for President View Post
I'd like to see a backup center. Get rid of Gadz.
Gadzuric brings it on the defensive end though and with three years remaining on his not so attractive deal it may be hard to move him

Old 06-26-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Gadzuric brings it on the defensive end though and with three years remaining on his not so attractive deal it may be hard to move him
But who thought that we'd be able to move Bobby Simmons? Gadz could be used to even out the salaries of another trade for a veteran player.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
But who thought that we'd be able to move Bobby Simmons? Gadz could be used to even out the salaries of another trade for a veteran player.
I didn't think a team would be willing to take Simmons so you bring up a point, but not every GM is as questionable at decision making as Kiki

Old 06-26-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I'd like to see DeAndre Jordan selected by us....he could sit forever and when he finally develops the Bucks could move Bogut to the 4 and have Alexander at the 3

Old 06-26-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
I'd like to see DeAndre Jordan selected by us....he could sit forever and when he finally develops the Bucks could move Bogut to the 4 and have Alexander at the 3
That's what I'm thinking about. Gives us some flexibility with Bogut being a free agent after the season too. I just wonder if Hammond is willing to take on a project?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking about. Gives us some flexibility with Bogut being a free agent after the season too. I just wonder if Hammond is willing to take on a project?
why not??? It's a 2nd round pick and we don't necessarily have to fill a major backup need with Sessions, Bell, Mason, Villanueva, and Gadzuric here

Old 06-26-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
why not??? It's a 2nd round pick and we don't necessarily have to fill a major backup need with Sessions, Bell, Mason, Villanueva, and Gadzuric here
Because he appears to want high effort guys who can contribute right away. Jordan is raw so he likely wouldn't have played that much, if at all as a rookie. Moot point now that the Clippers got him.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Because he appears to want high effort guys who can contribute right away. Jordan is raw so he likely wouldn't have played that much, if at all as a rookie. Moot point now that the Clippers got him.
Forbes will be the pick now, IMO.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Forbes will be the pick now, IMO.
Chris Dougles-Roberts for me
Old 06-26-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

lol, someone actually predicted this pick in a 2 round mock.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute = defense

Old 06-26-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute = defense
We'll have to nickname him "mamba"
Old 06-26-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Ah, reportedly he was drafted for Miami.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Ah, reportedly he was drafted for Miami.
i hope we sent Mo Williams with him :)

Old 06-26-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Now they are saying its a misprint and that he's still a Buck. It was Chalmers that was traded, not Mamba.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Bucks current Depth Chart

PG : Mo Williams | Ramon Sessions
SG : Michael Redd | Charlie Bell
SF : Richard Jefferson | Luc Richard Mbah a Moute | Desmond Mason
PF : Joe Alexander | Charlie Villanueva
C ; Andrew Bogut | Dan Gadzuric

Old 06-27-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alexander will play PF. I don't like the pick. He's a stiff whereas Bayless has potential to be a top PG.
Alexander is no stiff. I went to WVU and followed the kid's rise and he's a local product here in Maryland as well.

He's an athlete, no doubt, but has been a bit of a one year wonder, really coming on in the later half of last season. But he's got an excellent motor and a serious competitive streak.

He could definitely use good fundamantal coaching and it will definitely take some time to get the kid's best. He'll get schooled for a few years by better and more experienced players but I have hopes he'll develop into an excellent player.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Alexander is no stiff. I went to WVU and followed the kid's rise and he's a local product here in Maryland as well.

He's an athlete, no doubt, but has been a bit of a one year wonder, really coming on in the later half of last season. But he's got an excellent motor and a serious competitive streak.

He could definitely use good fundamantal coaching and it will definitely take some time to get the kid's best. He'll get schooled for a few years by better and more experienced players but I have hopes he'll develop into an excellent player.
I meant stiff laterally. Yes he's athletic but but I don't see the quickness needed to become a consistant scoring option or defender. Hopefully he works out for us though.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bucks current Depth Chart

PG : Mo Williams | Ramon Sessions
SG : Michael Redd | Charlie Bell
SF : Richard Jefferson | Luc Richard Mbah a Moute | Desmond Mason
PF : Joe Alexander | Charlie Villanueva
C ; Andrew Bogut | Dan Gadzuric
I think CV gets the nod over Alexander at the 4, at least at the start of the year. I like Alexander's potential as a possible undersized spot-up 4 but the guy was a SF in college and I dont see him transitioning super-fast to that position and taking the job from CV right away. I wouldnt doubt he could take the starting spot by the end of the year, just skeptical that he'll get it immediately.

Either way, if these guys can play together and learn a little defense we could have a real nice team next year. Jefferson is just so solid at the 3 and just solidifies that position so much. I wont have to worry about seeing CV at the 4 and Yi playing the 3 anymore or anything like that and no bobby simmons with much less Desmond Mason the way it looks, instead for 35 minutes a night, Jefferson is playing there.

I hope we can make some more trades or something to get one more solid big guy in there as a backup. Not a superstar or anything but something like a PJ Brown-type player where he wont be great or anything, but can handle being a solid backup at the 4 or 5 and I wont have to watch Gadz in there as much and pull hair out in disgust...
Old 06-29-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clu...BA&majteam=MLW

Mo Williams still could be on the move

I think Miami remains a possible landing spot for Mo. I imagine the Bucks would get a deal back including PG Marcus Banks, who would actually fit Skiles defensive oriented style very well.

Last edited by princefielder28 : 06-29-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clu...BA&majteam=MLW

Mo Williams still could be on the move

I think Miami remains a possible landing spot for Mo. I imagine the Bucks would get a deal back including PG Marcus Banks, who would actually fit Skiles defensive oriented style very well.
If Mo is dealt, Miami still seems like a good fit in terms of what we need in return. I still think we need a more defensive rebounding oriented PF on the roster since all we have are spot-up, offensive-type PFs and Haslem could fit that mold well, especially with him becoming quite expendable with the drafting of Beasley. Mo's got a 7.5 mil cap figure and Haslem is a little over 6, so it wouldnt be hard to make the deal work with some fillers and us getting maybe draft picks or something along with the deal.