Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 06-29-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
If Mo is dealt, Miami still seems like a good fit in terms of what we need in return. I still think we need a more defensive rebounding oriented PF on the roster since all we have are spot-up, offensive-type PFs and Haslem could fit that mold well, especially with him becoming quite expendable with the drafting of Beasley. Mo's got a 7.5 mil cap figure and Haslem is a little over 6, so it wouldnt be hard to make the deal work with some fillers and us getting maybe draft picks or something along with the deal.
I'm pretty sure that Alexander will play the 4 this year and he is that defensive minded rebounder. I also don't know if we'll even try to move Mo. If Hammond is trying to build the Bucks like the Pistons, then Mo is pretty much like a Chauncey Billups.
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampman for President View Post
I'm pretty sure that Alexander will play the 4 this year and he is that defensive minded rebounder. I also don't know if we'll even try to move Mo. If Hammond is trying to build the Bucks like the Pistons, then Mo is pretty much like a Chauncey Billups.
With the addition of Richard Jefferson, Hammond wants a PG who can distribute the ball and isn't looking to make sure that he gets his fair share of shots in a game....Mo is too offensive minded at the PG spot for Milwaukee

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
With the addition of Richard Jefferson, Hammond wants a PG who can distribute the ball and isn't looking to make sure that he gets his fair share of shots in a game....Mo is too offensive minded at the PG spot for Milwaukee
Yeah I knew that, but if you look at the stats of Mo Williams and Chauncey Billups you'd see very simular. Maybe they think they can change Mo into a player like Billups? Thats what I was trying to get at.

The Heat wanted Rose as well because they wanted a player who can distribute the ball. Just as you described Mo, he just isn't that kind of player.

I think we all like Sessions and would like to see his role expand. But if we can trade Mo I'd be all for it. I'm confident in a Sessions/Bell backcourt.

Where do you think Alexander will play this year? Starter? Stats?
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was so happy to see Simmons and Yi go.. and Richard Jefferson is just a really nice pickup.

I'm worried some about the 4 position, as I think everyone is.. hopefully Alexander can surprise us or CV can step up. I think we've got a solid team right now and if we can avoid injuries (ha...ha...) we'll definitely make the playoffs and maybe even compete for homecourt in the first round!

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Greg Jennings FTW!

late, but I agree. Yi and Simmons for Richard Jefferson is a steal. As far as Alexander goes I wasn't really high on that pick at all. Yeah we needed a small forward but it bothers me to think we passed up on Jarryd Bayliss for this guy, I wanted a Guard to make Redd expendible because he needs to go. I would have rather had Donte Green even than Alexander. But it is what it is.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucks are close to locking up Andrew Bogut for five more years at the cost of 72 mil.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move. He's not a great center like you'd hope for from a #1 pick, but he is a good player and there aren't a lot of them at that position. If we lost Bogut we'd be looking a long time for a new center.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/arch...-strength.aspx

Not huge moves or anything, but we signed Tyronn Lue and Malik Allen today. Allen played for 2 years with Skiles in Chicago and is a nice reserve big to have and Lue is a nice, experienced backup PG. Not big moves or anything, but I'd rather have veteran backups than unproven guys, should know what we're getting with them.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:19 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/arch...eam-trade.aspx

Mo might be traded in a 3-way deal with Cleveland and the Sonics. We get Luke Ridnour in the rumored deal. Not sure how I feel about this one, Ridnour could be a great fit and is a true PG, so I guess it would make sense to have him, but I always hoped Mo could stop being a selfish PG and develop into something great.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/arch...eam-trade.aspx

Mo might be traded in a 3-way deal with Cleveland and the Sonics. We get Luke Ridnour in the rumored deal. Not sure how I feel about this one, Ridnour could be a great fit and is a true PG, so I guess it would make sense to have him, but I always hoped Mo could stop being a selfish PG and develop into something great.
I would be so happy to get rid of his ugly contract and get a truer PG in there

Old 08-13-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Done Deal

Bucks get : PG Luke Ridnour, PG Damon Jones, and SG Adrian Griffin
Cavs get : PG Mo Williams
Thunder get : PF Joe Smith and SF Desmond Mason

Old 10-28-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Season starts tonight!

Old 12-24-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soo thoughts on the season? With Micheal Redd back and the team finally getting healthy, they have had a couple solid wins lately. If the Bucks can continue to gel.. I see no reason they don't squeak in the 7th or 8th seed in a weak conference.

I'd like to see more of Joe Alexander, but he just looks to immature as a pro thus far. Did I just say thus?
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:51 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

This team has the talent to make one of the top eight seeds in the East, but they lack one more game changer, who could make them legit contenders.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Bucks Trade Rumors

PG Ramon Sessions and SF Joe Alexander heading to Memphis for PG Mike Conley

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...k/?partner=RSS

Old 01-11-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucks are such a joke.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

nice article on MBah-A-Moute
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ute/index.html

him and bogut are probably the core for the future. I love Luc so much, he can develop into a like 14 and 7 type guy (maybe even more than that) while being a defensive stopper for us for years to come.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bucks Trade Rumors

I like that possibility. I don't know enough about how Conley has been doing, but it's pretty clear the Bucks don't have room for Alexander on this team.

But yes, they are kind of a joke.. They are competing which is nice to see for once, but it will be a while before the Bucks are taken seriously.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

Quote:
Bucks Trade Rumors

if we get their 1st rounder next year with it that wouldnt be the worst trade ever.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
narf029
Rookie

narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.narf029 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It would be the best trade ever. Ramon Sessions and a Joe Alexander for a PG with way more potential than Sessions, and a first round pick in the top 5ish? I doubt Memphis would do that without making it top 10 protected.
narf029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Hello Charlie V.. He dropped 30+ tonight in a big win vs Dallas.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

redd out for the year
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/
Old 01-25-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
redd out for the year
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/
yeah that hurts alot and I think we can expect Charlie V to be moved

Old 01-30-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off topic:
Stephon Curry is awesome he is my second favorite basketball player ever (Dwayne Wade). If we draft him I'll actually watch the NBA

(youtube linking is cool)

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Curry is a lot of fun to watch.. Still in my opinion I just don't see him becoming legit in the NBA. I am nowhere near and expert or know what Scouts do, but he seems to be a pure shooter/scorer who will be a little too small and a little too slow when he reaches the pros. It wouldn't be the worst pick for the Bucks though. Coule be fun to watch.

Regarding this season, it's a big time bummer to see Redd go down. They were sitting 8th and looked to be only getting better. With his injury being season ending, I think they are done. No chance of competing now.. I guess it's another lost season hovering between the basement and the "okay" teams.