Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-09-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried posting the picture of Bogut's big dunk, but it wouldn't show up. Check it out here. Awesomeness.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/

Last edited by Whistler6 : 03-09-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, Bogut made Big Baby his Big B****. That was a great win for them, hopefully they can keep it rolling tonight against a very good Utah team.

Last edited by Packystan : 03-12-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Packystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another HUGE win tonight.

Cleveland.... Check

Boston..... Check

Utah..... Check

6 games over .500 and firing on all cylinders.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that one was a nail biter, our defense wasn't where we'll need it to be. But, we'll take 'em however we can get 'em.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
that one was a nail biter, our defense wasn't where we'll need it to be. But, we'll take 'em however we can get 'em.
HUH?!?! Our defense was outstanding tonight. Utah is the best shooting team in the league and is in the top 5 in scoring. They came in just as hot as the Bucks, averaging 117.8 ppg over the last 6 games. We held them under 90 points and without a made 3 pointer.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

24/28 from the charity stripe might be the x-factor of the game. Way to dig deep after giving up the big 3rd quarter lead. Sexy.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
HUH?!?! Our defense was outstanding tonight. Utah is the best shooting team in the league and is in the top 5 in scoring. They came in just as hot as the Bucks, averaging 117.8 ppg over the last 6 games. We held them under 90 points and without a made 3 pointer.
too many second chance points, and gave up too many offensive rebounds. I didn't say it was bad, just not where we're gonna need it to have any success in the playoffs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 03-12-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
too many second chance points, and gave up too many offensive rebounds. I didn't say it was bad, just not where we're gonna need it to have any success in the playoffs.
I agree, but there is a reason Utah has been a consistent playoff team. Boozer is just too powerful to be held down for an entire game, and Utah is going to get their's no matter what defense they are playing. I'm actually pleasantly surprised Deron Williams was kept as quiet as he was with 11 points 9 assists.

I have no complaints, ha I'm just thrilled to be watching winning basketball in Wisconsin!

Last edited by Whistler6 : 03-12-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I agree, but there is a reason Utah has been a consistent playoff team. Boozer is just too powerful to be held down for an entire game, and Utah is going to get their's no matter what defense they are playing. I'm actually pleasantly surprised Deron Williams was kept as quiet as he was with 11 points 9 assists.

I have no complaints, ha I'm just thrilled to be watching winning basketball in Wisconsin!
You and me both man. I still remember 2001 fondly when we made it to conference finals, it's been a long time since we've had something to be excited about.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 03-12-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You and me both man. I still remember 2001 fondly when we made it to conference finals, it's been a long time since we've had something to be excited about.
The day Ray Allen was traded and Gary Payton was essentially brought in for one average season still hurts my heart.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The day Ray Allen was traded and Gary Payton was essentially brought in for one average season still hurts my heart.
That was the beginning of the end for me being a Bucks fan. I am happy that they're doing well this season though. I still won't call myself a fan or watch the games, but I like for every hometown team to do well.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That and the thought that we traded Dirk Nowitzki for Tractor freakin' Traylor are the two most painful memories in my Bucks fandom. Outside of Favre with the Vikes, maybe sports in general.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 03-12-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
That was the beginning of the end for me being a Bucks fan. I am happy that they're doing well this season though. I still won't call myself a fan or watch the games, but I like for every hometown team to do well.
Unlike the Brewers where I've ridden the wagon through the lowest of lows for as long as I can remember, I completely checked out for a couple years after Ray Allen was traded away. I would be lying if I said I have been a legitimate "fan" after 2001-2002 until about 2 season ago. I'm not proud of it, but damn who could blame us!

Quote:
That and the thought that we traded Dirk Nowitzki for Tractor freakin' Traylor are the two most painful memories in my Bucks fandom. Outside of Favre with the Vikes, maybe sports in general.
Initially I thought the Richie Sexson trade might be in the Ray Allen trade category. Thankfully I was proven completely wrong. You gotta admit though, big sexy was fun to cheer for.

Ugh, Robert 'Tractor' Traylor. When the 6th overall pick gives you barely 5 points and 3 rebounds per game in 2 seasons, I think it's safe to stamp him a massive bust. Damnit. Atleast that Dirk guy never panned out... =\

Last edited by Whistler6 : 03-13-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Close game today. Bucks were ahead by 15 at one point. Pacers got within 2 with seconds to go but the Bucks held them off to win by 4.

Stack and Kurt Thomas chipping in too. The vets presence really helped today.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Close game today. Bucks were ahead by 15 at one point. Pacers got within 2 with seconds to go but the Bucks held them off to win by 4.

Stack and Kurt Thomas chipping in too. The vets presence really helped today.
certainly not the finish you wanna see but at the end of the day it's a win and this team continues to roll...important three game west coast road trip now

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
YoungGeezy
Rookie

YoungGeezy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah agreed, I grew up with Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson and Ray Allen...later Sam Cassell. Robinson was my all time favorite, I had like 3 jerseys including the awesome green one with the buck on the front, and in the the driveway against my dad I was always called myself "Little Dog" Robinson. After George Karl decided to destroy the franchise and piss away the big 3, I have had a real hard time getting back into them. I try my best to but it never works out.

This is probably the first time I have really been excited by the Bucks since their days as a contender with the big 3, Ervin Johnson dominating on the boards, and Timmy Thomas as the 6 man.
YoungGeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah agreed, I grew up with Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson and Ray Allen...later Sam Cassell. Robinson was my all time favorite, I had like 3 jerseys including the awesome green one with the buck on the front...
I still have my 3 Glenn Robinson rookie cards stashed away in a box. Him leaving was just another hit to my Buck fanhood. I'm almost ashamed to call myself a Buck fan right now after "checking out" for these past few year. Still, I'm stoked to see competitive baskeball return to Milwaukee.

I listened to the entire 2nd half on the radio today as I drove to Green Bay and back. A nice win to be sure, but the way they allow teams back into the game after have a double digit lead in the 4th is cause for concern. A win is a win is a win though, and a 4-0 homestand deserves recognition.

Now that Salmons can play 2nd filddle to Bogut, he is thriving. I like this team, because they have a bunch of support guys who only need to be good not great to win games. As long as Bogut continues to put up double-doubles, they have potential to keep rising.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Now that Salmons can play 2nd filddle to Bogut, he is thriving. I like this team, because they have a bunch of support guys who only need to be good not great to win games. As long as Bogut continues to put up double-doubles, they have potential to keep rising.
Bingo. We finally have 2 guys who can take over when needed and a PG that can focus on distributing the ball. Jennings is becoming what we hoped TJ Ford would've became for us.

17 games left. They'll need to finish strong because while they're currently a few games ahead for the 5th seed they're also a few games from being out of the playoffs all together.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Andrew Bogut has been named the Eastern Conference player of the month, which he rightfully deserves. The guy has been an absolute MONSTER for us down low.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bingo. We finally have 2 guys who can take over when needed and a PG that can focus on distributing the ball. Jennings is becoming what we hoped TJ Ford would've became for us.

17 games left. They'll need to finish strong because while they're currently a few games ahead for the 5th seed they're also a few games from being out of the playoffs all together.
Which is the scariest part. As well as they've been playing, they are 3-4-5 game losing streak from dropping to the 8th seed or even out of the playoffs completely.

If they can maintain their position, avoid the Cavs and Magic in the 1st round, and push a 1st round series to 6 possibly 7 games even if they lose, I would be completely satisfied. My dream is for Chicago to miss the playoffs, end up with the 11th pick, and then Milwaukee swaps with them and lands another piece.

They just need to continue to grow together.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Wait, is that Aaron Rodgers at the Bradley Center? Why yes, yes it is! Confirmed by http://twitter.com/LoriNickel of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Great to see "the man" supporting his local team.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wait, is that Aaron Rodgers at the Bradley Center? Why yes, yes it is! Confirmed by http://twitter.com/LoriNickel of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Great to see "the man" supporting his local team.
Shouldn't he be in Jacksonville then? ;)
Old 03-19-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Jennings has 5 three pointers already! 20 points already and there's 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Nice to see him shooting better lately.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jennings has 5 three pointers already! 20 points already and there's 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Nice to see him shooting better lately.
there's definitely some added motivation with this game too, going up against Evans (aka rookie of the year)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

I about swallowed my tongune when Bogut rolled his ankle just now. Of course any time he is seen grimacing in pain, I'm thinking great his season's over. He's staying in the game though, so hopefully it's nothing serious. HOPEFULLY!

Quote:
Shouldn't he be in Jacksonville then? ;)
Go Louisville! Jk.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 03-19-2010 at 11:38 PM.