Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-20-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Win or lose, coming back from a double-digit deficit with 2 minutes left shows a heck of a lot about this team. Jennings is only two 3-pointers away from Ray Allen's record of 3's in a game. OT here we go.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:45 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Man Solomon and Jennings delievered tonight! 8-13 from 3? Jennings...congrates! Now that Evansmay have a concussion the door is even more open for rookie of the year. If the reward went to the player who meant the most to a team, there is no doubt in my mind that Jennings would win it. In all honesty he has saved the Bucks franchise the same way that McGwire and Sosa (steroids or not) saved baseball. Bucks were on the verge of collasping, the state had lost faith, they were struggling to sell tickets, more and more it was looking like they may have to sell or move but he but the team on his back, Hammonds made some great moves and the franchise is something to be proud of again.

You could say I am overacting or putting to much stock into it but I truely feel he brought the spark back to the franchise. There was not one analyst out there who was predicting the Bucks not to be in the bottom 2-5 in the league and now they are fighting for a 4th or 5th seed. That is huge. Plus they are now damn near filling the Bradley Center. Lets go Bucks!
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's an extreme comparison, but I don't completely disagree. Much like the Badgers didn't received a single top 25 vote in the preseason this year, every "expert" analyst had Milwaukee down in the dumps yet again.

Jennings was solid last night, but he got a little too cocky. He put up some erratic shots. He was 8-13 from three, which was great. But he was 4-15 inside the arc and finished 12-28 overall. I'm more impressed with his 8 assists. But yes 35 points is excellent too.

Salmons, Ilyasova, and Bogut really bucked up when Milwaukee needed it. Pun. Ilyasova's 3-pointer when they were down 3 with about 15 seconds left in regulation was so money. The Bucks simply outlasted them last night. Evans got hurt, a couple of their starters fouled out, and Milwaukee finally finished them off.

Truly an awesome win. Charlotte lost as well and now they play Denver who is something like 35-5 at home this year. That only makes this win that much more important.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 03-20-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
Man Solomon and Jennings delievered tonight! 8-13 from 3? Jennings...congrates! Now that Evansmay have a concussion the door is even more open for rookie of the year. If the reward went to the player who meant the most to a team, there is no doubt in my mind that Jennings would win it.
See I don't really get why people are saying that Jennings is out of the race. The only knock on him so far has been his shooting percentage. Compare the rest of his stats with Evans and Jennings is a much better 3 point and free throw shooter. Jennings is also ahead in assists and is committing less turnovers. Everything else is pretty much even (rebounds, steals). Not too mention that Jennings is playing pure point guard and leading his team towards the playoffs.

Quote:
In all honesty he has saved the Bucks franchise the same way that McGwire and Sosa (steroids or not) saved baseball. Bucks were on the verge of collasping, the state had lost faith, they were struggling to sell tickets, more and more it was looking like they may have to sell or move but he but the team on his back, Hammonds made some great moves and the franchise is something to be proud of again.

You could say I am overacting or putting to much stock into it but I truely feel he brought the spark back to the franchise. There was not one analyst out there who was predicting the Bucks not to be in the bottom 2-5 in the league and now they are fighting for a 4th or 5th seed. That is huge. Plus they are now damn near filling the Bradley Center. Lets go Bucks!
He was definetly the spark that ignited the Bucks. We're built on speed and defense and have 2 key positions, PG and center, locked in. Losing Redd was a huge blessing because the offense always had to go through him while he played subpar on defense. We're ahead of schedule and hopefully we'll be able to swap with the Bulls and get their 1st round pick which could add another potential Jennings to the roster.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully the Bulls don't continue to tank so badly b/c that pick is top 10 protected...so if we can managed to get #11 then the trade would be such a steal; it already is a big steal.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucks giving the Nuggets a fight tonight. They're up by 3 with 2 minutes left. Great effort giving last nights double OT thriller.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Bucks giving the Nuggets a fight tonight. They're up by 3 with 2 minutes left. Great effort giving last nights double OT thriller.
I cannot believe they won IN Denver tonight. The Nuggets have been near unbeatable at home this season, and the Bucks just ended their 7-game home winning streak. Honestly, I wrote this game off before it started... I...I...I...believe.

The biggest story? Bogut finished with 2 points and 3 rebounds in only 15 minutes. And they still pulled out the win without him! I didn't get to watch the game, but I'm hoping Bogut's limited action wasn't injury related.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 03-20-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whew, sigh of relief. Apparently Bogut was in foul trouble and basically just ineffective tonight. After a double OT win where Bogut played a massive amount of minutes, I am perfectly alright with an "off night"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_y...d=201003 2007

Old 03-20-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I cannot believe they won IN Denver tonight. The Nuggets and have near unbeatable at home this season. Honestly, I wrote this game off before it started... I...I...I...believe.
Another HUGE win tonight and gave them a 2-1 record for this west coast trip which is what I expected. Just that we'd beat the Clippers and lose to the Nuggets!

Don't look know but if we beat Atlanta we're within reach of the #4 seed.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't get to see the game tonight and like Whistler said, I thought this was an automatic L but THEY WON!!!!

Old 03-21-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i guess this team is showing that they have a lot more talent then we thought they did. i honestly at the beginning of the season had them written off, because i thought they would suck. i am pleasantly surprised.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
i guess this team is showing that they have a lot more talent then we thought they did. i honestly at the beginning of the season had them written off, because i thought they would suck. i am pleasantly surprised.
I figured to see baby steps but they're taking some big leaps already. Whenever someone slumps someone else steps up. Thats the mark of a winning team.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Scott Skiles for Coach of the Year!!!!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Man we need to find someone to take Redd and lock up Solomon. We play light years better when he is not playing. He doesn't play defense, shoots way to much, and really wrecks Skiles style of basketball. Solomon fits perfect for what he is doing and gives the bucks a great balance attack. It is no longer all Redd but everyone is involved and can be the star on any given night whether that be Bogut, Jennings, Solomon, Delfino, or Erson.

Man after tonight I think the Bucks stand a great chance to take down the Hawks in the first rd (that is if we hold the 5th or gain the 4th spot)
Old 03-22-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

Hammonds GM of the Year?

He doesn't get style points for who he brought in but he has made this team that was projected with the Nets as the worst team in basketball into a legit contender
Old 03-22-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Man we need to find someone to take Redd and lock up Solomon. We play light years better when he is not playing. He doesn't play defense, shoots way to much, and really wrecks Skiles style of basketball. Solomon fits perfect for what he is doing and gives the bucks a great balance attack. It is no longer all Redd but everyone is involved and can be the star on any given night whether that be Bogut, Jennings, Solomon, Delfino, or Erson.

Man after tonight I think the Bucks stand a great chance to take down the Hawks in the first rd (that is if we hold the 5th or gain the 4th spot)
I think you mean John Salmons right? I saw that you called him that a few posts up, and I wasn't sure who you were referring to. Unless that's a nickname I missed out on?

You are right though. He is a contributor who can be relied on in crunch time. As a Bull they needed him to be a star, and he's not. He's a great #2-#3 role player, and that's exactly what he can be in Milwaukee.

I think the Bulls woul do very well to keep him around for atleast a few years. He's 31 and has 584 games on those knees, but he's only averaged 25 minutes per game for his career. There is plenty of tread left on his tires, and I think he's a great compliment to Bogut.

Tonight is just another W that has me saying wow. A 2-1 long road trip where they beat the streaking Nuggets, then they beat the current #4 seed at home. Milwaukee is turning some heads, and it's great to see.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Check out ESPN's Bill Simmons' runing diary on the 4th quarter from Monday night's Bucks-Hawks game. He makes some great points about Salmons, Jennings, Bogut, and Skiles.

Just the fact that he of all people is showing interest in Milwaukee, makes me go what? Either way, it's a pretty interesting column. Some don't like Simmons' work, but I think he's got a great sense of humor. It shows here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...3&sportCat=nba

Old 03-27-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

2 spankings in a row and injuries are starting to mount. Holding onto the 5th seed by a thread.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

I got a bit spoiled after a 15-2 run, but realilty has to set in eventually. When Salmons and Bogut struggle, we need Jennings to step his game up. He hasn't been able to do that.

The last 2 beatings were by teams that aren't any better than the Bucks, and that's what is most concerning. They'll pull it together. 3 games left on this home-stand. As long as they avoid the 7th or 8th seed, I think they have a chance at a 1st round win. A chance.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Jennings had a huge game today with 29 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, and 4 steals. Good line right? Well he was 10-24 shooting today.

I really, really hope that he works on his shooting over the offseason. If he can improve that alone he's going to be a tremendous player.

Also I'm thinking that its going to be really important to bring back Ridnour and somehow retain Salmons, assuming that he opts out of his contract. Its also nice to see the Bulls winning. Hopefully they end up with the 10th pick so we can swap.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Jennings had a huge game today with 29 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, and 4 steals. Good line right? Well he was 10-24 shooting today.

I really, really hope that he works on his shooting over the offseason. If he can improve that alone he's going to be a tremendous player.

Also I'm thinking that its going to be really important to bring back Ridnour and somehow retain Salmons, assuming that he opts out of his contract. Its also nice to see the Bulls winning. Hopefully they end up with the 10th pick so we can swap.
On the brink of a 3-game losing streak, it was a crucial win. Jennings makes some stud plays, but he has to work on his shooting. He seems to force some really bad shots. I have plenty of patience though, and I'm confident he'll get better.

If your a Jennings fan I suggest avoiding checking him out on Twitter. If I didn't know any better, I would have guessed he barely graduated high school and skipped college altogether...Oh wait. Jk, I'm a big fan.

Bogut's back had me worried, but he rebounded with a solid game last night. It's not the points or rebounds that impresses me, but the number of minutes he played. 45+

Old 03-30-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.

Jennings is off to a nice start with 15 points in the first half. Bogut is showing no ill effects of that back, so thats a good sign. Hopefully we can finish this one off strong and head into the Cavs game tomorrow with some momentum and confidence.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Wow if you just missed that move by Jennings be sure to catch it on Sportscenter tonight.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.

Boguts ally oop on Kaman was pretty sick as well.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Just FYI, last nights victory guaranteed the the Bucks will not finish with a losing record this year for the 1st time in the past 6 years.