Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-06-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.

Win tonight, and were in the PLAYOFFS! Although I still cant stomach the lost of Bogues, being in the playoffs when all the so called "experts" picked us to finish dead last in the CONFERENCE is quite an accomplishment. This team has gone above and beyond every expectation I had for them going into this year, so no matter what happens I'll be happy. This experience and growth of these guys as a team should be a great foundation to build upon for what seems to be a very bright future.

Last edited by Packystan : 04-06-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Packystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I haven't watched the video yet. Too scared. Not because I'm squeamish more because how painful it will be to watch out playoffs get broken in half.

Andrew Bogut's Ugly Elbow Injury [Video]
Andrew Bogut of the Bucks goes down hard after a fastbreak jam and hurts his elbow. Not for the squeamish, especially on the slo-mo replay.
I can't stand those injuries, gruesome, and I don't like the little nudge that Amare gave to Bogut there. When you are going that fast getting set for liftoff, that's all it takes to mess you up.

Think about Apollo Ohno in the short-track speedskating flying around curves.
Just a tiny tap on the guy in front, and they'll wipe out.
I know this kind of contact happens all the time, but it still sucks that this happened to Andrew, and at this damn point in time.

Also, about Salmons and the refs, KG... why can players, coaches, even fans be ripped on, but refs can't? Why the golden shield for refs?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packystan View Post
Win tonight, and were in the PLAYOFFS! Although I still cant stomach the lost of Bogues, being in the playoffs when all the so called "experts" picked us to finish dead last in the CONFERENCE is quite an accomplishment. This team has gone above and beyond every expectation I had for them going into this year, so no matter what happens I'll be happy. This experience and growth of these guys as a team should be a great foundation to build upon for what seems to be a very bright future.
Just getting there would be a huge feat for this team. I still think that a duo of Salmons and Jennings should keep them dangerous though. Either way I'm estatic with the season and the way these guys conducted themselves. Skiles = coach of the year. Hammond = exectutive of the year.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Kurt Thomas and Ilyasova can hold it down. I really think that we can win a series, sort of like a 2007 Warriors playoff run

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be perfectly fitting for Scott Skiles to clinch the playoffs with a win against the Bulls tonight. Without Bogut, this potential win would be very impressive.

10 seconds.... 8 seconds....TRAVEL!

That's game. Thank you, good night. Oh and we'll have your 1st round pick while we're at it. Get well soon Bogut, we miss you brother.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PLAYOFFS!!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.

Playoff Basketball In Milwaukee Baby!!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Salmons played 43 minutes tonights, and had another great game. Without Bogut, I was worried the stress of having to carry the team might overwhelm him.
Not even close.

I still am miffed with Brandon Jennings...1-8 from the field tonight. I would love to get inside a few practices this offseason and see how the coaches plan to make him better. Ah, I just need to be patient and let the guy grow.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Man Bogut's cast is HUGE.

http://twitpic.com/1dw7dz
Old 04-07-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

I dislocated my elbow a few years back and had a cast like that for nearly 3 months. Once the cast was removed, my arm was pale, stuck in an L for the next few days, and 75% of the muscle seemed to have disappeared.

Hopefully he can rebound quickly.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Hopefully he can rebound quickly.
That's kind of his job, what he does best :)

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

I'm so glad Yi's gone.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Oh, did anyone else see that Brian Butch was signed by the Nuggets? He signed a non-guaranteed contract and will most likely be with them for the rest of the season.

He has a blog on the Big Ten Network website where he's been updating everything he does. He went from overseas, to the D-league all stars, and now to the Nuggets. I don't care all that much for him, but it's nice to see any WI product make it to the NBA.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 04-07-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Jon Leuer was a lock to get drafted but I finally found him on a NBA draft site as an honorable mention outside the top 50 for only juniors of the class 2011. Shows what I know about the NBA draft. I thought at 6'10", good athlete, productive, excellent shooter considering he's usually in the post and solid defender would be a great guy to have on your bench, if not starting as a forward.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 04-08-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

So far the Bulls have the 12th pick so its looking pretty likely that the Bucks will be able to swap picks with them. Add in all their 2nd round picks this year too and its looking like a potentially bright future for the deer. The Bucks would have the 18th pick if the season ended right now.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
So far the Bulls have the 12th pick so its looking pretty likely that the Bucks will be able to swap picks with them. Add in all their 2nd round picks this year too and its looking like a potentially bright future for the deer. The Bucks would have the 18th pick if the season ended right now.
Is the 12th pick theirs if they make the playoffs? I don't exactly know how it works. The non-playoff teams are thrown into the lottery, but I see the Bulls are a 1/2 game behind the Raptors and playing the Lebron-less Cavs tonight.

With Bosh out for the rest of the regular season, it looks like the Bulls could easily sneak into the 8th seed.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 04-08-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I thought Jon Leuer was a lock to get drafted but I finally found him on a NBA draft site as an honorable mention outside the top 50 for only juniors of the class 2011. Shows what I know about the NBA draft. I thought at 6'10", good athlete, productive, excellent shooter considering he's usually in the post and solid defender would be a great guy to have on your bench, if not starting as a forward.
As a Badger fan I'm biased, but I definitely see Leuer as a NBA prospect. With everything you mentioned, and the fact that he is a long and strong 6'10'' athlete, I see him having a role on some team.

If Brian Butch can find his way onto a roster, Jon Leuer better be able to.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Glen 'Big Baby' Davis is just that, a big fricken baby. Boo hoo fatty. If Bogut was playing tonight, the Bucks would easily be winning this game. Boston has really fallen hard.

I can root for Ray Allen doing well, and I recognize Pierce is still a great scorer. But they have 0 chance of winning in the playoffs.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 04-10-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott got ejected...really a crap call against Stack

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

The entire game has been this way. It was not flagrant or technical on Stack, he should not still be on the line! What the hell is going on here?

Edit: Nevermind. Ughhh =\

Old 04-11-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

I was more confused about the decision late in the game to leave Stack on Paul Pierce when it was obvious Pierce was taking over the game. Luc is our best defender, but yet he's relegated to the bench the whole time this is happens? I guess, but oh well. Maybe I'm being too critical. I thought the Bucks played hard though, just a lot of key turnovers in critical situations. Jennings and Rondo had a pretty heated battle going throughout the game. If we do end up playing Boston in the playoffs its going to be an intense series to say the least. I'm interested to see how the guys show up in Atlanta. I don't believe we would match up with Atlanta well. It seems like all their bigs are great athletes, and then you throw in a Joe Johnson. Thats a very good team. It was difficult for us to beat them when we had Bogut, so defending them without him could be even more difficult. Man I cant wait for the PLAYOFFS! :D

Last edited by Packystan : 04-11-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Packystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packystan View Post
I was more confused about the decision late in the game to leave Stack on Paul Pierce when it was obvious Pierce was taking over the game. Luc is our best defender, but yet he's relegated to the bench the whole time this is happens? I guess, but oh well. Maybe I'm being too critical. I thought the Bucks played hard though, just a lot of key turnovers in critical situations. Jennings and Rondo had a pretty heated battle going throughout the game. If we do end up playing Boston in the playoffs its going to be an intense series to say the least. I'm interested to see how the guys show up in Atlanta. I don't believe we would match up with Atlanta well. It seems like all their bigs are great athletes, and then you throw in a Joe Johnson. Thats a very good team. It was difficult for us to beat them when we had Bogut, so defending them without him could be even more difficult. Man I cant wait for the PLAYOFFS! :D
Vets over youth at this point in the season. I was kind of disapointed with Mbah a Moute this year. Luckily the rotation of him, Delfino, and Ilyasova has proved to be effective.

Kind of ironic too that our last 2 games are likely against one of the teams that we'll be facing in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I hope we play Boston. We have a heated rivalry brewing there.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 04-12-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Dang it, Bulls beat the Raptors tonight.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Dang it, Bulls beat the Raptors tonight.
Keeps them out of the top 10, fine by me :)