Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-12-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw too that Hammond was talking about hoping to keep Salmons around next season too and that they may have an extention in the works. We could probably keep him with our MLE but having a core of Jennings, Bogut, and Salmons around for a few more years would be ideal. Hopefully we can find another gem in the draft and use some of our 2nd round picks on international developmental guys.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Salmons has a player option that's worth about the MLE something like $5-5.5 mil

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang it! New Jersey pushed Miami to double OT, but it looks like the Bucks will be making their return to the playoffs against Atlanta. Miami loses and we see Boston.

I don't think they win a series regardless if it's Boston or Atlanta, but I would much rather see some aggression revisited against the Celts.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Dang it! New Jersey pushed Miami to double OT, but it looks like the Bucks will be making their return to the playoffs against Atlanta. Miami loses and we see Boston.

I don't think they win a series regardless if it's Boston or Atlanta, but I would much rather see some aggression revisited against the Celts.
They had a good chance against Boston IMO even without Bogut. Against the Hawks though is a different story. Those are some athletic, speedy guys who I don't think the Bucks can run with for an entire series.

Still nice to see Jennings getting playoff experience, thats really the big thing for me.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I wanna see Brandon Jennings shine on the national stage to shut up his doubters, any games the Bucks are going to win are going to come from the contributions of John Salmons and we will live or die off of him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
They had a good chance against Boston IMO even without Bogut. Against the Hawks though is a different story. Those are some athletic, speedy guys who I don't think the Bucks can run with for an entire series.

Still nice to see Jennings getting playoff experience, thats really the big thing for me.
Pretty much what I expected so far. Jennings has shown up but the Bucks just can't keep pace with the Hawks. We're shooting 43% which is pretty good but pails in comparison to the Hawks 62%
Old 04-17-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty much what I expected so far. Jennings has shown up but the Bucks just can't keep pace with the Hawks. We're shooting 43% which is pretty good but pails in comparison to the Hawks 62%
Today was about what I expected. They competed, made it close for a while, but inevitably fell to the better team. If they win a game I'll be happy.

I say play Jennings every minute of every single game. Run him ragged with those playoff minutes. Let him shoot until his arms fall off, make or miss. Feed him the ball, let him run the offense, force him to drive in the lane and creat some of his own shots. This experience will only help in the future.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

I wish I had more to say about tonight's loss. They are playing tough, but without Bogut, there is just no chance. I'm enjoying these losses though almost as much as the Brewers getting nearly swept out of the playoffs a couple years back.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your future is bright though. It'll be big though if Salmons resigns this offseason. He's definitely driven up his price tag. There will be some major values though this offseason with all the teams throwing their buck at the big names. Someone like Josh Howard could be had for dirt cheap.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

John Hammond has won the executive of the year award!
Old 04-24-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
It was well deserved. The guy has completely turned this organization around. Look at whats happened to the Pistons since his departure. Billups, gone. Sheed, albeit washed up, is gone. They've added only mediocre free agents with virtually no impact, and now they're in the lottery while the Bucks are a playoff team. Its very clear now that Hammond was the mastermind behind the great years the Pistons had in the mid 2000's, not Joe Dumars.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hell yeah!

Draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft... Hey the Brewers just won 20-0...Draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft...Oh yeah the Bucks are in the NBA Playoffs!

Yeah, it's been a pretty good past couple of days.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
very cool...he's done so much for this organization in just a few years

Old 04-24-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

i love how the Bradley Center is so loose and like a zoo haha

Old 04-24-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It just looks like an awesome atmosphere. Nice to see this team taking it too them at home and giving the fans something to be excited about. Salmons hearing *ch-ching* everytime he scores. I hope we can keep him.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The best part, with about 10 seconds left the fans started chanting "Andrew Bogut." What an impressive win. I would say this game was more impressive than the Brewers beating Pittsburgh 20-0.

The crowd tonight brought me back to 2001. Electric!

Old 04-25-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God it's nice seeing winning basketball in the Bradley Center again.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Nothing else to say, but what a great win tonight. Electric crowd, Delfino with 6 threes, Salmons and the entire team clutch from the charity stripe...I mean just an all around complete win.

Wow, I think we have a series. I know the next 3 games are in Atlanta, but who knows!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Nothing else to say, but what a great win tonight. Electric crowd, Delfino with 6 threes, Salmons and the entire team clutch from the charity stripe...I mean just an all around complete win.

Wow, I think we have a series. I know the next 3 games are in Atlanta, but who knows!
just to clarify for you, game 5 is in Atlanta, game 6 comes back to Milwaukee, and game 7 would be in Atlanta

Old 04-26-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
just to clarify for you, game 5 is in Atlanta, game 6 comes back to Milwaukee, and game 7 would be in Atlanta
Ugh, another stupid error.

Well, then there's definitely a chance for this to go 7.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tTbB...layer_embedded

(I can't get it to imbed properly)

Last edited by the_legend_killer : 04-27-2010 at 01:13 PM.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ugh, another stupid error.

Well, then there's definitely a chance for this to go 7.
Just put it like this, if you win game 5 you take the series in 6. The Hawks are one of the most horrendous road teams historically in the playoffs. Last night was a confidence booster just on the fact that we didn't get blown out. No joke the Hawks team feeds on alley oops in front of the home crowd. That picks up the defense. On the road we are lethargic.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of my sig? First time I made a gif from a youtube video. I'll take requests if anyone wants. I might find the video of Clay Matthews stealing Adrian Peterson's cookies and make a gif out of that.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
What do you guys think of my sig? First time I made a gif from a youtube video. I'll take requests if anyone wants. I might find the video of Clay Matthews stealing Adrian Peterson's cookies and make a gif out of that.
How Bango managed to not only leap from the top of a ladder, but also nail the dunk without dying, I have no idea. That was so awesome. I'm loving the sig.

That youtube video posted above is pretty funny too.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Just put it like this, if you win game 5 you take the series in 6. The Hawks are one of the most horrendous road teams historically in the playoffs. Last night was a confidence booster just on the fact that we didn't get blown out. No joke the Hawks team feeds on alley oops in front of the home crowd. That picks up the defense. On the road we are lethargic.
The Hawks are so talented that the Bucks really have no business making this a series without Bogut. I'll be rooting hard, and I think Milwaukee has a chance if they win at home, but it's hard to imagine them stealing a game 7 in Atlanta.

Joe Johnson is going to make bank this offseason, is there any chance Atlanta keeps him?