Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 06-22-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great trade! corey doesn't have the best contract but he provides us with a scorer, we don't have to re-sign Salmons to an absurd contract, and we can go ahead and take the best player available in the draft when pick 15 rolls around

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are we going to do with all those draft picks though? What happens when half of them don't make the roster? I like the theory, but will it work in the NBA?

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 06-22-2010 at 06:37 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
What are we going to do with all those draft picks though? What happens when half of them don't make the roster?
draft foreign players

Old 06-22-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
What are we going to do with all those draft picks though? What happens when half of them don't make the roster?
Typically the mid to late 2nd round picks are the "draft and follow" type, meaning that they could play overseas or in the D-league while we hold their rights.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

looks like we might be adding CDR for a 2nd round pick

Old 06-22-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the trade, I'm still holding out a slight amount of hope that the market will be cold for Salmons and he ends up re-uping with us. Magette is an underrated player that can guard four positions, top 25 in PER and we got him for trash at the end of our bench and the loss of some flexibility when it comes to free agent money...but lets be honest we're not going to attract many free agents anyway. Love the move.

edit: CDR to Bucks done deal. I don't know much about him but he's got some potential.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Last edited by senormysterioso : 06-22-2010 at 11:11 PM.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

With Maggette and CDR I think we'll be focusing on bringing in a big man with the 15th pick...Larry Sanders is rumored to be the guy they're targeting

Old 06-22-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
With Maggette and CDR I think we'll be focusing on bringing in a big man with the 15th pick...Larry Sanders is rumored to be the guy they're targeting
I've heard Seraphin as well. As long as we don't lose our minds and take Tiny Gallon at 15 I'll be cool.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 06-23-2010, 04:17 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted us to draft CDR a few years ago when we took Luc, so I'm excited over this.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

CDR posted this last night, great to see he's excited about playing here.

Quote:
Douglas-Roberts perhaps scooped everyone by posting on his Twitter feed earlier in the day "Got news for yall later! Yall ready for this??? Ahhahaaahaha. I jus can't hide it. FTD. Yes yess! FTD yes yess!" and then a few hours later ":-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D FTD yes yess!!!" Then finally he wrote "Ok y'all. Can't say anything until Friday. Sorry! FTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 06-24-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Predictions for the Bucks 4 picks

Larry Sanders
Lance Stephenson
Sherron Collins
Brian Zoubek

Old 06-24-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Predictions for the Bucks 4 picks

Larry Sanders
Lance Stephenson
Sherron Collins
Brian Zoubek
I have a feeling about Seraphin for some reason...I feel like the front office is going for broke, looking to hit a home run in the draft and I think out of the big men that will likely be available at 15 Seraphin has the highest ceiling. Maybe that's just because I don't know much about him other than the scouting reports and a few highlight clips, but that's just my gut feeling. Even though we got Magette I'm still crossing my fingers for Xavier Henry.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 06-24-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I have a feeling about Seraphin for some reason...I feel like the front office is going for broke, looking to hit a home run in the draft and I think out of the big men that will likely be available at 15 Seraphin has the highest ceiling. Maybe that's just because I don't know much about him other than the scouting reports and a few highlight clips, but that's just my gut feeling. Even though we got Magette I'm still crossing my fingers for Xavier Henry.
I would love Seraphin but I think they'll be looking for a more immediate impact from a big...i would love to get Henry or Anderson but with the additions of Maggette and CDR I don't see it happening

Old 06-24-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Larry Sanders is the guy!

Old 06-24-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Larry Sanders is the guy!
I like it. Athletic big man who can defend. Gives us some more depth at forward and if he can develop an offensive game he should be a good pick for us.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I see us trading up soon seeing as Stephenson is still on the board

Old 06-24-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Darington Hobson should provide us with some versatility

Old 06-24-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Jerome Jordan....nice!

Old 06-24-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Tiny!!!!!

We got huge tonight

Old 06-25-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

I'm estatic over this offseason. I figured that we'd take a step back in terms of talent but instead we're getting better and deeper. The icing on the cake would be to have Salmons return.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:34 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

looks like Salmons is close to re-signing

Old 07-01-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Drew Gooden to the Bucks for 5 years, $32 million http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/n...ticleID=283214

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 07-01-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gooden and Salmons. All the additions have surprised me. We have just a ton of depth right now. If Jennings makes the next leap and Skiles can keep getting guys to buy into his defensive philosophy, this could be a really, really good team next year.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
Gooden and Salmons. All the additions have surprised me. We have just a ton of depth right now. If Jennings makes the next leap and Skiles can keep getting guys to buy into his defensive philosophy, this could be a really, really good team next year.
Just think, we still have Redd's contract to unload as well.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I've read a bunch of hate on the Drew Gooden signing but the majority of those people never watched a Bucks game last year and saw how much our lack of depth in the front court hurt us and really hurt our ability to rebound. Gooden provides us with a solid rebound on both ends of the floor and a veteran 4 to play along with Bogut.