Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 07-01-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

If people hate Gooden they don't know basketball. He fits perfect for what Skiles does. He is more defensive minded and a great rebounder, something the Bucks have desperately needed to blend with Bogut. Now we have the 2 big men who play well down on the blocks and rebound.

My big question is who do we trade now to get some guards? We are loaded with PF's and SF/SG's but if Luke isn't back we have big wholes behind Jennings and Bogut. Love what Hammonds is doing and this team is looking really good. FEAR THE DEER is going to be in full swing!

C: Bogut, Jordan (even though I heard he may be traded and isn't on the summer league roster)
PF Gooden, Illyasova, Sanders, Gallon, Jackson
PF/SF Mbah a Moute
SF Maggette, Delfino
SF/SG Douglas-Roberts, Hobson
SG Salmons
PG Jennings

Free-Agents still
Michael Redd (ETO), Primoz Brezec, Royal Ivey, Luke Ridnour, Jerry Stackhouse, Kurt Thomas

Summer League FA pool that could make team

C John Bryant
PF Sean Williams
SF Deron Washington, Micah Downs
SG Jerry Smith
PG Antoine Agudio, Paul Delaney

I'm pulling for Jerry even though we turned down UW and Marquette to go to Louisville ha. Still was Mr. Basketball Wisconsin.

Hope we can resign Luke Ridnour but have to love the depth, it will be interesting to see how the roster shakes out.

Bogut, Gooden, Illyasova, Sanders, Gallon, Mbah a Moute, Maggette, Delfino, Douglas-Roberts, Salmons, Jennings and hopefully Luke Ridnour are the guys I see making the team...lot of big men
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm no NBA guru but I like what we're doing. Stockpile big men and get as much depth/quality there as you can - winning the rebound battle wins lots of games and when you force the other team to take outside shots they miss a lot. Then let Jennings run the offense, hope he plays like a mini Steve Nash where he can score but is really good at drawing attention and then dishing out assists underneath. Last, keep Salmons or someone like him with decent height that is like a #2 scoring threat by draining mid range jumpers.

People always compared Jennings to Iverson but from what I saw he wasn't as selfish as Iverson was. He had decent assist numbers IMO. I want to see him play like this: drive to the hoop when it's there, draw fouls, and spend a lot of time as a decoy to draw out the defense and make good passes.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 07-02-2010 at 12:27 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Salmons is comin back! http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/97689444.html

Jennings/Ivey
Salmons/CDR
Maggette/Delfino/Mbah a Moute
Gooden/Ilyasova/Sanders/Gallon
Bogut

John Hammond has done a fantastic job of turning around this franchise.

Last edited by Packystan : 07-02-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Packystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im glad that Salmon's is coming back. Awesome.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess we're looking at bringing in Wesley Matthews too

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I loved Wes at Marquette, I'm really not sure what we have left to offer, it would have to be a sign and trade at this point, right? Or maybe I just don't understand the NBA salary cap at all.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Is there a link?
Old 07-03-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packystan View Post
Is there a link?
not sure of the exact source but it was on rotoworld

Old 07-19-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Kings have agreed to send power forward Jon Brockman to the Bucks in a sign-and-trade deal for Darnell Jackson and a future second-round pick.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keyon Dooling also signs a 2 year deal to backup Jennings while Larry Sanders was also named to the All-Vegas team.

I recorded a few of the Bucks summer league games to watch Sanders and he looked as advertised. He's lanky but is always around the ball and never gives up on a play. His offensive moves were clearly lacking but in terms of rebounds/blocks I think he should be a nice fit.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

John Hammond is continuing his wonderful off-season

Old 07-20-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how about some projections?

1) Miami
2) Orlando
3) Milwaukee
4) Boston
5) Atlanta
6) Chicago
7) Cleveland
8.) New York

I see us as high as 3 and as low as 6. IMO we are better than Boston and Atlanta and Chicago could get as high as 3 but I have them rated lower. Bogut has to stay healthy and we can make some noise in the playoffs.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 07-28-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation

Are we going to get rid of Micheal Redd? I watch some of the games but I dont totally follow the NBA all that much. I just know he is getting paid a ton of money and hasnt helped the Bucks in awhile. Partly due to injuries.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Are we going to get rid of Micheal Redd? I watch some of the games but I dont totally follow the NBA all that much. I just know he is getting paid a ton of money and hasnt helped the Bucks in awhile. Partly due to injuries.
if he is moved then it'll be around the trade deadline in february...his expiring contract will be attractive to many teams

Old 08-19-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

looks like earl boykins will be joining the team

Old 10-22-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

1 more preseason game to go! A much deeper Bucks squad this year and a Lebron-less Central division. Should be a good year and the start of something good in Milwaukee.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I realize it's ridiculous to be talking about the trade deadline before the first game, but I'm really interested to see what's going to happen with Michael Redd. His $18 million expiring deal will be super valuable, especially if Melo doesn't get dealt. Another very plausible scenario is that he gives us some valuable minutes off the bench. He's always been a great shooter, hell he was an all star. He could be an under the radar contributor.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 10-23-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

That's a great point, the casual fan looks at Redd and his $18 million and thinks what a mistake...but he's one of the best three point shooters in the league, when healthy, and come January/February he might be able to net us a quality player, who might be able to put us over the top, thanks to a team looking to cut salary

Old 10-23-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I realize it's ridiculous to be talking about the trade deadline before the first game, but I'm really interested to see what's going to happen with Michael Redd. His $18 million expiring deal will be super valuable, especially if Melo doesn't get dealt. Another very plausible scenario is that he gives us some valuable minutes off the bench. He's always been a great shooter, hell he was an all star. He could be an under the radar contributor.
He's never going to play for the Bucks again. He's either going to be traded or at the very least give us the salary cap relief next year. But there is no way on this planet that he'll ever suit up for the Bucks.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
He's never going to play for the Bucks again. He's either going to be traded or at the very least give us the salary cap relief next year. But there is no way on this planet that he'll ever suit up for the Bucks.
everything i've read says the Bucks won't be keeping him all year and obviously then letting him walk to get their cap number back down around $55 million next year. If he's not traded and is gonna be ready around January-February, why would he never suit up for the Bucks again? He'll play off the bench down the stretch and I think fits in well as a scorer if we need him or just a spot-up 3 point shooter. I don't think there is any way on this planet he doesn't suit up for the Bucks again.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
everything i've read says the Bucks won't be keeping him all year and obviously then letting him walk to get their cap number back down around $55 million next year. If he's not traded and is gonna be ready around January-February, why would he never suit up for the Bucks again? He'll play off the bench down the stretch and I think fits in well as a scorer if we need him or just a spot-up 3 point shooter. I don't think there is any way on this planet he doesn't suit up for the Bucks again.
I'd take that bet.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

It remains to be seen, he just did an interview and he said that he's excited to be a part of the Bucks team and he want's to contribute in whatever way the team asks. If Redd is willing to embrace a bench role with limited minutes, and we have trouble finding a deal because of the impending strike/lockout, it would be stupid not to get him some minutes.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 10-23-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
It remains to be seen, he just did an interview and he said that he's excited to be a part of the Bucks team and he want's to contribute in whatever way the team asks. If Redd is willing to embrace a bench role with limited minutes, and we have trouble finding a deal because of the impending strike/lockout, it would be stupid not to get him some minutes.
Where was Redd last season after he got re-injured? He stayed away from the team. A lockout isn't going to affect a trade.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

If he would play within a team where he comes off the bench and isn't a top scoring threat he would be very valuable IMO. Not $18 mil valuable obviously but still helpful. With most of the offense coming from Jennings running it and Bogut doing everything underneath, option 2 is Salmons with the mid range stuff, having option 3 of get Redd open for 3 sounds pretty good. At the very least you can bring him in when the team is struggling and the different look either gets points for Redd or Bogut and Jennings get to try attacking a different defense.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 10-27-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Who would have thought that Delfino would play more than twice as many minutes as Maggette. I do like him off the bench a lot though. The minutes will work themselves out as the season drags on.

Andrew Bogut looks like he's right back to the level he was at before the injury. His free throw shooting has looked pretty atrocious though, possibly because of the elbow. I know he's only about career 60% from the line but he's looked Shaq bad tonight.

I like Gooden and Bogut on the floor together. They're both so good in the post. We should out rebound pretty much everybody this year. Especially when We have Those two and Ersan and/or Mbah a Moute on the floor all at the same time.

Jennings jump shooting still looks average at best, I was hoping to see a marked improvement. Hopefully it will come at some point this season. His passing has been outstanding though.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by senormysterioso : 10-27-2010 at 09:26 PM.