Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 06-22-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

nbarnett56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
In all likelihood Conley won't be there though b/c Atlanta really needs a PG and if they don't choose him with the 3rd pick then Atlanta really likes Horford. At 4 Memphis also really likes Horford but if he is unavailable Jerry West would probably go with Conley.
You never know what will happen. Yes they need a PG but they've needed one for a few years now and keep passing them up. Either way I feel like we are getting a good player so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
nbarnett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hate the thought of taking Conley. My first choice is Horford, then I'm really liking Jeff Green. Wright would be just fine with me aswell. I'd take Mo over Conley hands down, Conley is more of a true point guard but I don't really see him as an improvement to our team. If we aren't able to resign Williams I am confident going into the season with Charlie Bell. I am a huge Bell fan, he's my favorite player not counting Redd. Now resigning Williams is huge , I'm not saying that Bell should start over him just that I'm alright with him if we can't resign Williams. We don't need a PG, we need a forward. Whether it's a 3 or a 4 something has to change there.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I have the feeling that the Bucks are going to take Yi. but i think we are going to trade him if we do get him. there is no real reason why i think this but its just a hunch.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I really hate the thought of taking Conley. My first choice is Horford, then I'm really liking Jeff Green. Wright would be just fine with me aswell. I'd take Mo over Conley hands down, Conley is more of a true point guard but I don't really see him as an improvement to our team. If we aren't able to resign Williams I am confident going into the season with Charlie Bell. I am a huge Bell fan, he's my favorite player not counting Redd. Now resigning Williams is huge , I'm not saying that Bell should start over him just that I'm alright with him if we can't resign Williams. We don't need a PG, we need a forward. Whether it's a 3 or a 4 something has to change there.
If we do draft Wright then Villanueva could always move to the 3 b/c IMO he's more of a natural 3 anyways. With the PG position I think it is crucial to re-sign Mo Williams b/c he is very young, 24, and he will only continue to get better. If we can't re-sign him Charlie Bell has shown that he is capable and in free agency Chauncey Billups is always a possibility b/c he has expressed some interest in the past in coming here.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
That's exactly how I feel. Charlie needs to move to the 3 and we desperately need a defensive minded 4 as we already have the offensive firepower. My first choice would be Horford, but he'll most likely be gone. Green has really been growing on me lately though, and I wouldn't have any problem with him being the pick. Both of the Wrights are very intriguing but have a lot of questions about their motivation. All in all I think we'll get a solid player. Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
That's exactly how I feel. Charlie needs to move to the 3 and we desperately need a defensive minded 4 as we already have the offensive firepower. My first choice would be Horford, but he'll most likely be gone. Green has really been growing on me lately though, and I wouldn't have any problem with him being the pick. Both of the Wrights are very intriguing but have a lot of questions about their motivation. All in all I think we'll get a solid player. Can't wait!
Villanueva sliding down to the 3 is the best possible move, but I would be just fine with kicking out Simmons to put Green at the 3. Horford is exactly the kind of player we need, but if he's gone it gets shakey at PF. Brandan Wright is alright, but he has too small of a frame. At 6-10 he weighs only 200 lbs. He'll get pushed around like a ***** in the post if he doesn't add weight.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chicago Tribune put this idea out today:

The Bucks re-sign Mo Williams and then deal him and the 6th pick to Atlanta for Picks 3 and 11

Old 06-25-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:

The Bucks re-sign Mo Williams and then deal him and the 6th pick to Atlanta for Picks 3 and 11
That would basically ensure that Conley would be the #3 pick. Why wouldn't we just re-sign Mo and draft a forward at #6 instead?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarnett56 View Post
That would basically ensure that Conley would be the #3 pick. Why wouldn't we just re-sign Mo and draft a forward at #6 instead?
Mo wants 9 or 10 million a year and I don't know if the Bucks want to pay that.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Mo wants 9 or 10 million a year and I don't know if the Bucks want to pay that.
Yeah I saw that on the ESPN boards. It also said that the Bucks are willing to pay $7 or $8 million per year. Whats another million or 2? I really hope they can keep him because I do not want Conley.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I saw that on the ESPN boards. It also said that the Bucks are willing to pay $7 or $8 million per year. Whats another million or 2? I really hope they can keep him because I do not want Conley.
Well if they got the 3rd pick I would guess that they would select Al Horford and then with Pick 11 maybe Javaris Crittenton. Then come free agency I see them making a strong push at Chauncey Billups, but all this is very unlikely.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Well if they got the 3rd pick I would guess that they would select Al Horford and then with Pick 11 maybe Javaris Crittenton. Then come free agency I see them making a strong push at Chauncey Billups, but all this is very unlikely.
Ah true, I guess that wouldn't be such a bad option but I'd prefer to keep Williams and hopefully draft Brandan Wright.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

I'd rather resign him and keep him.

I have made up my mind, Jeff Green at 6.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

According to sources the bucks are looking to move up in an attempt to select Florida PF Al Horford

Old 06-25-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
According to sources the bucks are looking to move up in an attempt to select Florida PF Al Horford
I'd like that. Sounds like Brandon Wright is slipping a bit. I'd still like to see him as our pick. A youngster with superstar potential that we can afford to bring along slowly for a year or 2.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I'd like that. Sounds like Brandon Wright is slipping a bit. I'd still like to see him as our pick. A youngster with superstar potential that we can afford to bring along slowly for a year or 2.
The nice thing about drafting Horford would be that we could move Charlie V to the 3 and Simmons could come off the bench following his injury.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Lots of Bucks news to get to:

Al Thornton is working out for Milwaukee Tuesday, hoping that he could go at No. 6. Still, if the Sixers are unable to pull off a trade involving one of their three first-rounders, Thornton could end up in Philly with the No. 12 pick. While it's not too far of a stretch that he could be taken at No. 6, that is higher than most teams have him rated. The Sixers are trying to trade up to have a shot at Georgetown's Jeff Green, who is the player they're rumored to desire the most.

Phoenix has reportedly offered Shawn Marion to the Bucks for the No. 6 pick, among many other Bucks' assets. The Bucks are not said to be interested due to the fact that Marion can opt out after next season. And if they did pull off this deal, it would tie the hands of the club as most of the Bucks' money would be tied up with Marion and Michael Redd, diminishing the Bucks' ability to address other concerns.

to ESPN's Andy Katz, the Sixers offered the Bucks two of their first-round picks (Nos. 12 and 21) for Milwaukee's No. 6 so the Sixers can take Jeff Green. Another offer was with Portland, which wanted No. 6 and Dan Gadzuric for Jarrett Jack and Joel Przybilla. Will the Blazers be happy with Gadzuric at center if Oden goes down with an injury? They would likely use No. 6 to acquire Mike Conley, which would indicate that they're set to take his best friend, Greg Oden, with the first pick.

The Bucks are reportedly upset that Yi Jianlian was not made available to them for a private workout in the last few weeks.

The Bucks are starting to realize there's a very good chance Yi will be there when they pick at No. 6, and might be the best player available at that point. They've already said they'd let Yi compete with Charlie Villanueva for a starting job, but Yi's people say he is only interested in playing in major cities with large Asian populations. We're guessing you can add "great teams" to that list, as he worked out for the Suns on Monday. Joakim Noah also refused to work out for the Bucks, so it should be very interesting to see what they do on Thursday if Mike Conley is no longer available for their pick and Noah and Yi are.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Joakim Noah also refused to work out for the Bucks, so it should be very interesting to see what they do on Thursday if Mike Conley is no longer available for their pick and Noah and Yi are.
Yesssss!

Take Jeff Green. Hell even if they are there take Green. I hate the thought of taking Conley, only player I'd take over Green is Horford.

My wish list

1. Al Horford

2. Jeff Green

3. Brandan Wright
4. Corey Brewer
5. Yi Jianlian

6.Conley
Old 06-27-2007, 07:56 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The Bucks and Sixers continue to talk about swapping draft picks. The Bucks would send Pick 6 to Philly for Picks 12 and 21.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

PG Earl Boykins opted out of the last year of his contract making him an unrestricted free agent. Boykins was due to make $3,000,000 and will probably see larger figures in free agency.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I was just looking over the Bucks draft history and recently with 1st round picks we have been awful

2000- Jason Collier
2001- no 1st rounder
2002- Marcus Haislip
2003- TJ Ford (one of the few good ones)
2004- no 1st rounder
2005- Andrew Bogut (one of the few good ones)
2006- no 1st rounder (jamaal Magloire trade: BOOOOOOOOO!)

Old 06-27-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
I was just looking over the Bucks draft history and recently with 1st round picks we have been awful

2000- Jason Collier
2001- no 1st rounder
2002- Marcus Haislip
2003- TJ Ford (one of the few good ones)
2004- no 1st rounder
2005- Andrew Bogut (one of the few good ones)
2006- no 1st rounder (jamaal Magloire trade: BOOOOOOOOO!)
I don't even think that Ford worked out for us that well. His injuries hurt us and him playing much better with Bosh just shows that we needed a big man for him to get the ball too. With that said, really how good is Bogut? To me is a bit inconsistant and isn't a great defender. He can score but he needs to become a 15/10 guy for us. I like that he takes alot of charges but we can't count on him for blocking shots. Trading for Magloire was terrible but I liked that we eased Bogut into the 5 instead of starting him there as a rookie. Hopefully we can add Brandon Wright because I feel like we need another scorer and this guy has a ton of potential.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If we took Brandon Wright I highly doubt it would be for his scoring ability...the guy has range out to 5ft. right now, but he would be a good addition based on potential...as long as Horford, Brewer, and Green are all off the board as well...I might even rather have the other Wright also.
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:09 AM    (permalink
nbarnett56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbooshey View Post
If we took Brandon Wright I highly doubt it would be for his scoring ability...the guy has range out to 5ft. right now, but he would be a good addition based on potential...as long as Horford, Brewer, and Green are all off the board as well...I might even rather have the other Wright also.
I really like Brandon Wright. He is a bit of a project but we wouldn't need him to start. I hope we don't draft Conley but more and more thats looking like what will happen. Larry Harris is drafting for his job so he's going to take the most NBA ready player or a safe pick of a guard.....
Old 06-28-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I really like Brandon Wright. He is a bit of a project but we wouldn't need him to start. I hope we don't draft Conley but more and more thats looking like what will happen. Larry Harris is drafting for his job so he's going to take the most NBA ready player or a safe pick of a guard.....
Yeah, I'm hoping for Memphis to take him so we don't even have the chance. I want Harris fired soon anyway though, he's done nothing to help the team.