Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-06-2013, 04:28 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best Draft for Defensive Front Seven?

I am looking at this draft and it seems to be loaded at every position in the defensive front seven.

Looking at prospects who are a potential chance to go in the top three rounds we have:

11 OLB
(*Jarvis Jones, *Barkevious Mingo, Khaseem Greene, Arthur Brown, John Simon, Chase Thomas, Brandon Jenkins, Sean Porter, Jamie Collins, *Jelani Jenkins, Travis Long, Gerald Hodges)

8 ILB
(Manti Te'o, *Kevin Minter, *Alex Ogletree, Nico Johnson, Shayne Skov, Jon Bostic, Kevin Reddick, Mike Mauti)

12 DT
(Star Lotulelei, *Johnathan Hankins, *Sheldon Richardson, Jesse Williams, John Jenkins, *Sharrif Floyd, Kawann Short, Sylvester Williams, *Akeem Spence, Jordan Hill, Everett Dawkins, Brandon Williams)

16 DE
(*Damontre Moore, Bjeorn Werner, *Sam Montgomery, Ezekiel Ansah, Alex Okafor, Dion Jordan, Margus Hunt, Datone Jones, *Jackson Jeffcoat, *Corey Lemonier, *Dominique Easley, Cornellius Carradine, William Gholston, Lavar Edwards, Malliciah Goodman, Michael Buchanan)

Thats 47 players and perhaps at best 32 landing spots in the first 3 rounds.

This will mean that good talent will be available, I also think it will mean lower profile positions (ILB and 4-3 OLB) will slip a little more than people expect.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 01-06-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Added Werner, Mauti
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good post. As a Bears fan, Ive been hoping that a 4-3 LB would be there in the 4th. With the needs on the OL and at TE, I think it may be better value to go after those 2 positions first and get a guy like Reddick to replace Urlacher in the 4th, if he lasts that long.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming everyone that we expect to declare does, this will be one of if not the best defensive line crops that I've ever seen. I think the offensive line class is pretty special too.

With that said, the defensive lineman are going to come off the board early and often.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Assuming everyone that we expect to declare does, this will be one of if not the best defensive line crops that I've ever seen. I think the offensive line class is pretty special too.

With that said, the defensive lineman are going to come off the board early and often.
Defensive lineman always come off early. And like you said this is a solid OL class as well. Throw in the inevitable QB, WR, and DB picks focused on increasing or stopping production in the passing game, and the non-pass rushing LB group should drop some.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see if all this talent on the front 7 lives up to people's expectations. Front 7 players are more risky than a lot of fans and media seem to realize. The NFL Draft has had it's fair share of Aaron Curry's, Courtney Brown's, etc, etc.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see Werner on your list - he is going to be the first DE taken. Also Mike Mauti should be picked by round 3 if his knee checks out.

He would be great in Buffalo - I was just thinking today of how Poz would of performed behind the Bills front 4 - he probably would of put up over 200 tackles.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I didn't see Werner on your list - he is going to be the first DE taken. Also Mike Mauti should be picked by round 3 if his knee checks out.

He would be great in Buffalo - I was just thinking today of how Poz would of performed behind the Bills front 4 - he probably would of put up over 200 tackles.
I missed those two.

I can't remember a draft this loaded with talent and depth at all positions in the front seven.

Workouts etc will be critical.

Good point on the oline too Scott.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post

With Matthews not declaring, who do you like best for the 2nd teir OT's? I know Lane Johnson, Dallas Thomas, Oday Aboushi, maybe Justin Pugh, and i guess even guys like Kyle Long have nestled their way in there. Who would you take first for a LT?
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
foozball
Veteran

foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.

Maybe it's just me...but I think the LB crop is pretty weak (not counting 3-4 OLBs). Teo is the only LB I think is worthy of a 1st round grade (again, not counting 3-4 OLBs)
foozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the LB class. Te'o, Greene, Minter, Ogletree, Brown etc are all guys who could conceivably be considered first round guys but some will inevitably fall. Overall if you need front 7 help this is an awesome draft

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post

second after moore id say

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote