Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
BigRob
Rookie

BigRob hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Scout.com is reporting the Steelers like Staley

They like Staley, ALOT, but not at 15. If they want Staley they will trade back into the 20's.

www.scout.com
BigRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if they can trade back and land staley at say, 24 - 32 id definetly be a happy man about that
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they can trade out of the spot but at 15 I don't like it at all.....I all of the Tackles in this draft is grossly overatted especially at the top of the draft.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

After hearing his stats; I was impressed and thought this guy was something special. Then I watched the senior bowl where he got eaten alive on seemingly every play. No way do I hope the steelers use a 1st day draft pick on this guy.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPete View Post
After hearing his stats; I was impressed and thought this guy was something special. Then I watched the senior bowl where he got eaten alive on seemingly every play. No way do I hope the steelers use a 1st day draft pick on this guy.
He was beaten on 2 plays.. both he downblocked.. 1 time it was his fault, one time it was the FB's fault.

I've watched about 5-7 of his games this season, and with some pro-training and weightlifting and time, he'll be best LT in this draft.. This is the same kid that faced Dan Bazuin in practice everyday, and never gave a sack up his 2 years at LT.

I have a hard time judging people at the Senior Bowl.. especially at non-skill positions. Why? You have a week to learn a playbook, be on a line with 4 other guys you never played with, and are expected to succeed. Don't buy too much into it. Adam Carriker beat the bloody piss out of Ryan Harris, and because of it he's no longer a fringe first rounder but a top 15 pick (Anyone know who else beat the piss out of Harris? EVERYONE HE PLAYED!).

Staley lacks functional upperbody strength but he is a tactician and can use his agility and the power he gets from loose hips and his flexibility to wall off defenders until he has the upperbody strength. But he's obviously in shape and unlike Levi Brown (Who I think is nothing better than Max Starks), he has the motor and stamina to not have to take plays off.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

Levi Brown is nothing like Max Starks. He is much better at pass blocking and far more fluid in his footwork. The only thing I don't like about Levi, and I watched every game he played, is his inconsistency, he seems to take plays off. Also I think he is better suited as a right tackle. Staley MAY be a decent tackle ; if he is trained for about 2-3 years, maybe. I just do not see using a high, 1-2 rd, pick on him. He seems more like the kind of tackle you use a middle round pick on and hope he develops.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPete View Post
Levi Brown is nothing like Max Starks. He is much better at pass blocking and far more fluid in his footwork. The only thing I don't like about Levi, and I watched every game he played, is his inconsistency, he seems to take plays off. Also I think he is better suited as a right tackle. Staley MAY be a decent tackle ; if he is trained for about 2-3 years, maybe. I just do not see using a high, 1-2 rd, pick on him. He seems more like the kind of tackle you use a middle round pick on and hope he develops.
Exactly,

It's hard to make that decision. Though you say Levi is nothing like Max Starks, they are fairly similar. Every category off the field Starks wins, however Levi does have better footwork, but his pass pro has question Marks. HE still needs 2-3 years to get in shape, not take plays off, and be a better pass protector. I don't like drafting 1st round RT's.

It only takes 1 play off to end Bens game/season/career.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Exactly,

It's hard to make that decision. Though you say Levi is nothing like Max Starks, they are fairly similar. Every category off the field Starks wins, however Levi does have better footwork, but his pass pro has question Marks. HE still needs 2-3 years to get in shape, not take plays off, and be a better pass protector. I don't like drafting 1st round RT's.

It only takes 1 play off to end Bens game/season/career.
like bart scott almost did last year...

thought ben was a goner for sure
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote