Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-15-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very very happy with Alderson so I hope it is him. He seems like a perfect fit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alderson and Byrnes are the final 2 GM candidates. Alderson please Wilpons.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever it is, I hope it's someone who is competent and values Farm System.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sandy Alderson!!!!!

I'm a little suprised we told Daniels we wouldn't wait for him but oh well. I like the move.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, maybe they were afraid that Alderson wouldn't wait either.

I wonder how many changes he'll make.

Maybe some Minor League coaches will be replaced too.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The only minor league coach I really want to keep is pitching coach Ricky Bones. The first step is hiring a new manager though and then we'll go from there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Do you want Warthen back?

I actually think he isn't bad and I wouldn't mind keeping him. I thought he did solid work with our young pitchers last year.

I was VERY disappointed with our AA and A+ pitching coaches. They were trusted with the most talented collection of pitching prospects in the system last year and it turned into a complete disaster.

Holt, Familia, Allen, Moviel and Carson all struggled.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't want Warthen back. The whole thing about trying to shame our SP's into throwing strikes really bothered me. Bones is credited with doing a lot of good things especially for Niese so that's why I like him. I'm not sure who our A/AA pitching coaches are but Alderson is going to have a lot of info to go through.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daniels move surprised me too. But very happy with Sandy. Hopefully we actually do some sabr based stuff now. Agreed on Bones.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Daniels move surprised me too. But very happy with Sandy. Hopefully we actually do some sabr based stuff now. Agreed on Bones.
I think that's for sure going to happen. He was Beane's mentor after all. It's exciting to move into the 21st century finally.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully he brings DePodesta. They have ties, and DePo deserves another chance/would be an amazing waiting in the wings GM.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Hopefully he brings DePodesta. They have ties, and DePo deserves another chance/would be an amazing waiting in the wings GM.
I'd be cool with that. He also has close to Grady Fuson as Scouting Director which would also be a major step in the right direction. I'm very excited about the hire.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scouting Director will be replaced also?
Old 10-27-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Scouting Director will be replaced also?
I don't think Rudy Terrass will be keeping his job but this hasn't been reported anywhere yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Well you've already got your wish. It seems as if Alderson has already reached out to DePodesta and he's excited to join the team as our SABR guy.

Max will also be happy as Alderson has reached out to JP Ricciardi and he's considering the player personnel position.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-28-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeap. Hiring a smart GM is just the beginning.

All the positions within the organization have to be filled with competent people.

I hope they bring some good scouts and minor league coaches.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Wow, this looks incredible.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indeed. I'm just waiting to wake up from dreamland.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I might be in a minority here, but I'm not sure about Wally for Manager.

I prefer a more experienced guy.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't care either way about Wally. If Alderson thinks he's the man for the job then it's fine with me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-28-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Ha! That didn't take long!

Mets sign one of the top International Prospects, 3b Elvis Sanchez.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=10475

He was 15th on BA's list.

And we are off and running. :)

Last edited by MaxV : 10-28-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

He's 9th on this list.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...prospects.html

That BA list was of projected bonuses. I'm not sure those are the actual rankings.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Hard to hate a signing of a guy with 80 power.

And on the manager, I really don't care. The Alderson philosophy (if it hasn't changed) is basically that the manager is basically just an extension of the front office. So he'll play the matchups, not makes too many moves based on his gut (like Jerry), and not give away outs. It'd be tough not to get on board with a fiery guy like Backman if he was willing to be this extension, but I'm fine with whatever.

Don Wakamatsu is probably my favorite of the names we've seen come out though. Seems very cerebral and highly respected.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We've been connected to him for a long time so this is just a coincidence. I love the "off the charts" power though. Omar should stay on as head on international scouting.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Default Mets' top 21 prospects

This is John Sickels' list of Mets prospects.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/...2011#storyjump

I can't say that I agree with this list, but he did mention that this list is "extremely preliminary."

Last edited by MaxV : 10-29-2010 at 04:50 PM.