Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-17-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Keep telling yourself that. Yankees were pretty much in the same boat and have everyone playing. And they played two games yesterday. I'm shocked that both Beltran and especially Wright sat out today.
It was the first time all year Wright didn't start so he was due. This is the 3rd time Beltran didn't start so again this was a good day to give guys rest. And since we OVER .500 we could afford to do so and the Yankees can't the way your playing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Day game after a LATE night game had A LOT to do with today's lineup.

I'm sure Willie didn't want to lose this game.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap!! What a comeback.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-17-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I had work to do so I turned it off after the 6th! UGH!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Holy crap!! What a comeback.

Ya gotta believe!!!!!!!

I can't believe I turned the game tracker off and lost hope after the 8th.

What was I thinking????!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow that was an amazing finish!! Im really glad I kept the game on til the end. If we can win games with our B lineup and Vargas pitching, then were in good shape.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Vargas looked pretty good.

Until the 6th.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30 View Post
Wow that was an amazing finish!! Im really glad I kept the game on til the end. If we can win games with our B lineup and Vargas pitching, then were in good shape.
That was more like a C lineup. Only Green and 'Gado in there among regulars.

BTW, how did the "ageless one" look at 3b?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

First thing I'll do when I get home is turn on SNY. I gotta see how the rally in the 9th happend.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

He looked ok, I didnt really see any balls hit to him today though. It was definitely weird seeing two people besides Reyes and Wright on the left side of the infield.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

He mad one routine play and thats all I remember as well. I really hope this game helps Delgado get out of his funk coming into the next 6 games against the Yanks and Braves.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-17-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Gomez with another big hit today.

He's a bit of a free swinger right now, but his plate discipline is getting better.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Just saw the replay. AWESOME job by several people.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Just saw the replay. AWESOME job by several people.
To say the least haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-18-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Observations from the game:

- Endy Chavez is DA MAN!!!!

- Ollie + confidence = Top of the rotation starter.

- Joe Smith is VERY good. He should be our setup guy.

- Carlos Gomez didn't have a great day, but he looked comfortable batting against a very tough pitcher.

- Billy made it interesting in the 9th, but GREAT pitch to K Giambi. He knew Giambi was sitting on a FB.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I didn't see any of the game unfortunately but nice solid win. Perez has been excellent so far this season. How good of a GM has Omar been so far in his days with NY.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-18-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Endy Chavez Facts

The Snow Cone is being renamed to the Endy Chavez.

Endy Chavez taught Pedro his changeup

Albert Pujols keeps an Endy Chavez Topps rookie card in his locker for good luck.

The new stadium for the Mets in 2009 will be called Endy Chavez Field.

Roger Clemens has a clause in his contract that he never has to face Endy Chavez.

The only error made by Endy Chavez was on a hard line drive hit by Endy Chavez.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Endy Chavez Facts

Albert Pujols keeps an Endy Chavez Topps rookie card in his locker for good luck.

Roger Clemens has a clause in his contract that he never has to face Endy Chavez.

The only error made by Endy Chavez was on a hard line drive hit by Endy Chavez.
Lmao of those three hahaha.

Never posted here cause I'm a Jets fan and never knew this thread existed, but I'm a huge Mets fan. I agree with the assessment that Ollie is a top of the rotation pitcher. Speaking of pitching, I kinda wanna go off on a tangent here and speculate a beat, but again, speaking of pitchers, what's our rotation looking like NEXT year? I know it seems silly to ask, but I was just thinking about it with all the recent rumors of Zambrano/Willis to the Mets. I mean who would you rather have, what is more likely to happen, or are we even going to get one of the?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Lmao of those three hahaha.

Never posted here cause I'm a Jets fan and never knew this thread existed, but I'm a huge Mets fan. I agree with the assessment that Ollie is a top of the rotation pitcher. Speaking of pitching, I kinda wanna go off on a tangent here and speculate a beat, but again, speaking of pitchers, what's our rotation looking like NEXT year? I know it seems silly to ask, but I was just thinking about it with all the recent rumors of Zambrano/Willis to the Mets. I mean who would you rather have, what is more likely to happen, or are we even going to get one of the?
It's going to be very tough to get either Zamrano or Willis. I could see us landing one of them but we're going to have to give up a lot of prospects or a lot of dough. I'd rather get Zambrano since he'll be a FA and we won't have to give up any prospects. You figure Maine and Perez as of now are locks for next year. El Duque has one more year left on his contract as will Pedro. That leaves a spot for one more guy so it could be a FA, Pelfrey, Humber, Sosa, Vargas and a million other guys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-19-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The Wild Card for next year's rotation is Kevin Mulvey. He has pitched GREAT in AA and has good stuff with 4 good pitches.

That's funny AlexDown. Endy Chavez went from considered by the fans as an unneccessary signing to a fan favorite and an important part of the team.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Joe Smith>>>>>>Chad Bradford

Good news on Mulvey too...
Old 05-19-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

I liked Chad Bradford a lot. Joe Smith can be very good.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

1. Joe Smith is already very good.

2. I like Kevin Mulvey a lot and he was the guy I wanted when the Mets got onto the board last year. Jake Peavy light.

3. It's going to be very interesting to see what Endy Chavez does when he is a free agent. Is he going to leave for the money and a starting job or stay here and be the great 4th OF he is.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-19-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Observations from the game:

- Endy Chavez is DA MAN!!!!

- Ollie + confidence = Top of the rotation starter.

- Joe Smith is VERY good. He should be our setup guy.

- Carlos Gomez didn't have a great day, but he looked comfortable batting against a very tough pitcher.

- Billy made it interesting in the 9th, but GREAT pitch to K Giambi. He knew Giambi was sitting on a FB.
Joe Smith was ok last night. He walked Jeter. It was a bad call.

Also where's the love for Willie? He's the reason along with Endy that you won last night. But Mets fans only get on Willie when he does something wrong.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Joe Smith was ok last night. He walked Jeter. It was a bad call.

Also where's the love for Willie? He's the reason along with Endy that you won last night. But Mets fans only get on Willie when he does something wrong.
I didn't get to watch the game last night as you know but Willie still makes questionable calls once in a while. He is great and I mean absolutely great handling the team and managing the clubhouse but he still makes some decisions that you ask why. I don't know what your specifically referring to last night as why Willie won the game. Also, I haven't really heard anyone bash Willie that much since like mid year last year.

sig by BoneKrusher