Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-19-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Have faith in Omar, he knows.

BTW, I'm VERY high on Abshire(SS). Scouting report on him is that his speed rates as an 80 on a 20-80 scale and he has decent power potential and good glove. He's raw but talented.

I hope Omar shows him some green.
Talking about speed I think BA ranked Gomez as a 70 on the scale which made absolutely no sense to me. If Gomez or Reyes aren't an 80 speed wise I caouldn't imagine what an 80 guys looks like. If Abshire is really that fast thats crazy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

btw...how do you guys have such extensive knowledge of the prospects and such?
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We also had a good day in the minors yesterday.

One of our top pitching prospects, Jon Neise, pitched a gem in A+.

And on that note, I'll post my Mets' top prospect list:

1. Fernando Martinez (OF)
2. Mike Pelfrey (RHP)
3. Carlos Gomez (OF)
4. Deolis Guerra (RHP)
5. Phillip Humber (RHP)
6. Kevin Mulvey (RHP)
7. Mike Carp (1b)
8. Bobby Parnell (RHP)
9. Francisco Pena (C)
10t. Jon Neise (LHP)
10t. Nick Evans (1b)

I would rank Lastings Milledge 4th, if he would be eligible.
Gomez should be #1. He has done solid in his time up here, and his upside is completely enormous. So I would switch FMart and Gomez. I'd also switch Guerra and Pelfrey. If it's going by potential, I'd move Pena all the way up to 5, he looks like a real good catcher.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
btw...how do you guys have such extensive knowledge of the prospects and such?
Internet.

I don't know how our parents got by without it when they were out age. :)

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Gomez should be #1. He has done solid in his time up here, and his upside is completely enormous. So I would switch FMart and Gomez. I'd also switch Guerra and Pelfrey. If it's going by potential, I'd move Pena all the way up to 5, he looks like a real good catcher.
There isn't a lot that seperates 1-4 on this list, just like there isn't a lot that seperates 5-10.

Pena is VERY talented, but he's still a few years away from being ready.

Potential isn't the only variable that should be looked at when putting together a prospect list.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-19-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

oh i see. i didnt know if there was a channel that aired their games or if some of you lived close to the teams. could i get a good link?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
oh i see. i didnt know if there was a channel that aired their games or if some of you lived close to the teams. could i get a good link?
what the hell are you asking?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
what the hell are you asking?
He wants to know how to get info on prospects.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-19-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He wants to know how to get info on prospects.
o i thought he was talking about tv with all the channel stuff
Old 06-19-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

nah. i was initially wondering if they were televised. then he said its just through the internet. so i am hoping someone will give me a good link or two that covers our prospects.

i dont mind johan spanking us tonight. i am unhappy we gave up that many runs again though.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There isn't a lot that seperates 1-4 on this list, just like there isn't a lot that seperates 5-10.

Pena is VERY talented, but he's still a few years away from being ready.

Potential isn't the only variable that should be looked at when putting together a prospect list.
Prospect lists are very tough. Some people base on stats, some on tools, some on potential, etc.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We hit the ball hard off Johan last night it just seemed that it was right to the fielders.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-20-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Come on guys!!! Get it going already.

This is so frustrating.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-21-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to get really sad
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't really understand this right now.

Good thing is Guerra did well tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-21-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't really understand this right now.

Good thing is Guerra did well tonight.
The best thing about Guerra is that damn near every ball that is put in play off him is hit on the ground.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-21-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Harsh times right now.

Maybe this will lighten up the mood if you all haven't seen this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Md4doE3uAU
Old 06-21-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
The best thing about Guerra is that damn near every ball that is put in play off him is hit on the ground.
His go/ao ratio is great to see.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-21-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Guerra and Martinez for the Mets in the Futures Game. Can't wait.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-21-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doug (NY): So you're not worried about Tabata's power outage? There's nothing to the wrist thing?

Keith Law: (3:23 PM ET ) Definitely concerned about it. But at least he's hitting for average, working the count, etc. Martinez isn't doing any of that.

OUCH!
Old 06-21-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Doug (NY): So you're not worried about Tabata's power outage? There's nothing to the wrist thing?

Keith Law: (3:23 PM ET ) Definitely concerned about it. But at least he's hitting for average, working the count, etc. Martinez isn't doing any of that.

OUCH!
Yeah a 18 year old at AA when everyone is 3 or 4 years older than him. Also, Martinez has an OPS of .690 which is fine considering everything. Tabata is at .730 in a lower league.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-21-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Guerra and Martinez for the Mets in the Futures Game. Can't wait.

That's on July 10th right?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah a 18 year old at AA when everyone is 3 or 4 years older than him. Also, Martinez has an OPS of .690 which is fine considering everything. Tabata is at .730 in a lower league.
Fernando must have read your post:

2-4, HR, BB, 3 RBI

Sig by Primetime21
Old 06-22-2007, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Today starts a series of 17 games in 16 days going untill the all star break. We don't have one day off in this stretch. Time to get back to playing Mets baseball of the last two years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-22-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

BTW, we are going up against a former Mets' farmhand Lenny Dinardo. He has done well with the A's.

I was a fan of his when he was in our organization and felt it was a mistake to let him go.

Sig by Primetime21