Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-08-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We suck donkey balls.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya this is getting pretty gross. Watched about half the game, then left and checked the score. I can't believe they blew it.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Alright MaxV,

Lets hear it. What do you think about this team?
Old 06-12-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Billy, I hope you choke on your dip. Seriously though. We need to try and get K-Rod. He is a FA to be and would be exactly what we need. Emotion filled dominating closer.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Alright MaxV,

Lets hear it. What do you think about this team?

High draft pick next year.

Last edited by MaxV : 06-12-2008 at 04:27 PM.
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well guys, Randolph is gone.

I'm sure no one is really suprised. Although I don't think he deserved to be fired, I don't really think it was his fault and if it wasn't for wagner's 3 straight blown saves he might still be here.

I do think it was time to shake things up and maybe kick some of these guys into gear. Maybe this extreme move will get them going

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-17-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Billy, I hope you choke on your dip. Seriously though. We need to try and get K-Rod. He is a FA to be and would be exactly what we need. Emotion filled dominating closer.
I would cream myself if we somehow signed K-Rod.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I would cream myself if we somehow signed K-Rod.
Ya, but then the typical thing that happens to players when they come to NY would happen and he would somehow blow *** for us

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-17-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30 View Post
Ya, but then the typical thing that happens to players when they come to NY would happen and he would somehow blow *** for us
Good point. The NY spotlight can cripple one's self confidence

I don't think it's an issue anyway because Art Moreno(or whatever his name is) has a ton of cash and won't let K-Rod go anywhere.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Good point. The NY spotlight can cripple one's self confidence

I don't think it's an issue anyway because Art Moreno(or whatever his name is) has a ton of cash and won't let K-Rod go anywhere.

Yeah, that's just a pipe dream of mine. I've loved K-Rod ever since he got called up.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't sweat it guys.

Eddie Kunz is on the way.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Getting K-Rod is a possibility with all the money we have.

I am not surprised about Randolph however I agree he didnt deserve to get fired really.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I've never been a big fan of Willie.

But the way they did it, is wrong.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:23 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Willie was alright. I was indifferent to his firing one way or the other but the way the Mets handled it was disgraceful. I think he was a great person though.

On another note I can officially say with no doubt Jose Reyes is my favorite Met. It was kind of a toss up between Reyes and David Wright, but of course Santana is quickly growing on me since playing here, but it's Reyes big time right now.

Reyes was the ONLY player to have the gaul to say he was sad to see Willie go. This was after most of assumed Willie and Reyes didn't get along. He also said the players (including him) should be accountable for getting him fired. Wright, nor did any other Met, say anything close to that.

Plus I loved the fact when he tweaked his hamstring (as it appeared) he wanted to stay in the game and got pissed off when Manuel took him out.

Now I have no problem that Manuel took him out as it was the right move but I like the fact Reyes showed emotion and threw his helmet. Sure you could call it unesscarry or even childish but I felt like it was passionate and real emotion. Plus he apologized and came back out after he went into the club house.

I love that. That's what guys like Delgado need to do. I'd rather have spent the money cutting Delgado than getting rid of Randolph.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:15 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Johan was tossing up BP last night.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to blame him considering the circus the past day for not pitching well. Plus he's never pitched well in that stadium.

I just love Santana because he plays like an outfielder and everyday guy. Doesn't just go up to bat to strike out like a lot of pitchers, runs the bases well and is a great fielder. Even last night when Delgado made a fool out of himself trying to find a ball that bounced off him. It was SANTANA, not the first basemen who ran out after the ball and slid after the ball to try and save the play.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:22 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
It's hard to blame him considering the circus the past day for not pitching well. Plus he's never pitched well in that stadium.

I just love Santana because he plays like an outfielder and everyday guy. Doesn't just go up to bat to strike out like a lot of pitchers, runs the bases well and is a great fielder. Even last night when Delgado made a fool out of himself trying to find a ball that bounced off him. It was SANTANA, not the first basemen who ran out after the ball and slid after the ball to try and save the play.

Delgado would have ran after it if he knew where it was. Johan was really bad last night though. He's lucky he got away with only 4 ERs.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

No doubt, he was not good. He's prone to a bad game now and then, just like all pitchers. Still, Delgado should have made that play and instead it bounces off him and he looks like a chicken with his head cut off trying to find it.

I'm dead serious when I say would rather have Santana playing first base rather than Delgado.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:26 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
No doubt, he was not good. He's prone to a bad game now and then, just like all pitchers. Still, Delgado should have made that play and instead it bounces off him and he looks like a chicken with his head cut off trying to find it.

I'm dead serious when I say would rather have Santana playing first base rather than Delgado.
I'd consider it. And I'd sure as hell rather have Mike Carp. Delgado's done. I can't wait till we get someone new in there next year.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I agree, bring up Carp. If management wants to win they should cut Delgado and not care about the money. Either way they're wasting money having him on the team.

Let some young guys fight for the spot. Murphy, Carp, Nick Evans - whoever.

Also, I love Alou, but he can't be relied upon in terms of injury. I'm saying it now..bring up Fernando Martinez whenever he gets healthy and let him play and develop in the majors. If he does develop F-Mart, Beltran and Church is an awesome outfield for the future.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:35 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Carp is DESTROYING AA pitching. I wouldn't mind if they give him a shot at some point this season.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Well, went to the game tonight. Figured we would not get swept by Seattle.

Looks like that day off helped David Wright out....
Old 06-25-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Hah yeah, it sure did. Reyes had a bomb too that really in my mind put the game away.

Maine looked great to start out and then started to fade around the fifth inning. Regardless he still had a good outing and hopefully he can continue to improve on keeping the pitch count down.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:09 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Hah yeah, it sure did. Reyes had a bomb too that really in my mind put the game away.

Maine looked great to start out and then started to fade around the fifth inning. Regardless he still had a good outing and hopefully he can continue to improve on keeping the pitch count down.

That's a good outing for Johhny Maine. That's all we need from him consistently. If he can put out 6IP 2ERs most of the time, I will be very pleased.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Anyone see this?

Quote:
Bart Hubbuch, of the New York Post, reports the New York Mets talked with the Cleveland Indians about acquiring Milwaukee Brewers SP CC Sabathia in exchange for four prospects. Mets general manager Omar Minaya eventually declined a potential deal because the team had not decided how aggressive they wanted to be before the trade deadline.