Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-20-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Yankees projected 2010 lineup, it was an article by some guy who does every year for like the next 10 years.

We had Johan, Wang, Hughes, Chamberlain, Clippard as our starting 5, Sanchez as the closer with Francour, Melky, Tabata in the OF, cano at 3rd with alberto gonzalez at 2nd, Texeria at first, posada DHing and some catcher I had never heard of (which is weird)

Might have been 2011, completely false but fun to read
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was the catcher francisco cirvelli?

But even that guys lineup is ridiculous. I doubt we will ever head into a season with Hughes, Clippard, and Chamberlain all in our projected starting lineup at the same time.

Although I could really see Texeira at first. Mattingly is his hero and his if from Baltimore. I think he gets out of Texas and if he doesn't go to B-More I wouldn't be suprised if he was a Yank.

Also where is A-Rod and Jeter?

Last edited by Jughead10 : 04-20-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A-Rod opted out, Jeter is still the SS. I think he moves to DH the next year

I'll see if I can find it
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good win today. GREAT to see Ollie throwing strikes and having confidence in himself.

Also, Joe Smith is looking VERY good. I hope he keeps it going.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Smith would do well but he's been excellent so far. Since he is a quirky pitcher we will really get a good grasp on him once he goes around the league a couple times and the scouting reports start to build on him. I don't think it will matter that much though because he has such great movement on his slider.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I thought Smith would do well but he's been excellent so far. Since he is a quirky pitcher we will really get a good grasp on him once he goes around the league a couple times and the scouting reports start to build on him. I don't think it will matter that much though because he has such great movement on his slider.
I wouldn't be surprised if he were to work his way to our setup spot.

BTW, how about one of my favorite prospects Bobby Parnell? He kicked ass.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Parnell when we was on Brooklyn 2 years and then as you know he dipped last year. I like hime also and think he has some potential still.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Damn You Scott Schoeneweis!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I can't watch Schoenwies pitch. The guy has good stuff, but doesn't throw strikes.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Another great start for Maine yesterday. I hope he keeps this up.

Deolis Guerra also had a gem in the Minors:

6inn, 2hits, 0er, 0bbs, 4Ks
Old 04-24-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I thought this might be true but it was the first time I saw it in print. We have the lowest player in Low A (Fransisco Pena), High A (Deolis Guerra), AA (Fernando Martinez), and 2nd youngest player in AAA (Carlos Gomez). All of them are doing pretty well also so they deserve to be there. I'm not sure who is younger than Gomez in AAA though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

John Maine has been a stud. If he keeps this up it shuts up most of the Mets rotation stinks people.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The great thing is that this year we seem to have VERY good depth of starters in AAA.

Last year, when our starters went down, we had to rely on Lima, Soler and Geremi Gonzalez.

This year we have Jorge Sosa, Philip Humber, Adam Bostick, Jason Vargas and Chan Ho Park.

Each one of those guys are better then any of last year's AAA starters.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Its nice to know we can beat a team like colorado but i need to see more from our other starters against a team like the braves, but great job by maine and how bout shawn green.........damn
Old 04-24-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

A lot of people were down on Green and Alou because they were struggling in ST, but it's pretty clear that they didn't take ST games seriously.

30+ year-old vets have to conserve their energy in ST, otherwise some of them might not even make to the all-star break.

In a Mets' board that I'm on, I was the only one who kept saying that Green will have a good year, everyone else were convinced that he was done.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
A lot of people were down on Green and Alou because they were struggling in ST, but it's pretty clear that they didn't take ST games seriously.

30+ year-old vets have to conserve their energy in ST, otherwise some of them might not even make to the all-star break.

In a Mets' board that I'm on, I was the only one who kept saying that Green will have a good year, everyone else were convinced that he was done.
can you give me the name of that board ive been looking for a good mets one
Old 04-24-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I gotta be honest, when we signed Endy Chavez, I thought it wasn't a good move, but I do NOT think that now. This guy is an important player to this team.

Easley was a hero today also.

Nice to know we have good players on our bench.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

What a game, for a few minutes it looked like a great pitching performance was gonna go to waste which is something that bothers me to no end but Easley managed to turn back the clock 7 or 8 years and Endy showed just how valuable he is yet again. I still want him playing everyday.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:39 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182 View Post
What a game, for a few minutes it looked like a great pitching performance was gonna go to waste which is something that bothers me to no end but Easley managed to turn back the clock 7 or 8 years and Endy showed just how valuable he is yet again. I still want him playing everyday.
Who would he replace? Beltran? Green? Alou?

No, I think we are good with what we have now.

Congrats to Joe Smith on his first career MLB win. First of many I hope.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

we got raped in the butthole today
Old 04-26-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Another good game for Max's boy Parnell tonight. He's pitching like he did in Brooklyn.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeap, my sleeper for this year, Bobby Parnell.

It's also great to see Carlos Gomez draw 3 walks today. Plate discipline is the only thing that seperates him from stardom.

A 1-2 combination of Reyes and Gomez at the top of the batting order is a VERY exciting scenario.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Let's not forget Gomez thinks of himself as more of a middle of the order hitter. He's not really a lead off guy in my book even though he has all that speed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-27-2007, 08:22 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Let's not forget Gomez thinks of himself as more of a middle of the order hitter. He's not really a lead off guy in my book even though he has all that speed.
I think hitting 2nd would be ideal for him. He'll see PLENTY of fastballs in that spot.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

**** chan ho park i dont not want him on the team......id rather call up humber