Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-06-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Well, I hope Jon does well. He was off to a slow start in AAA but looked great in his last outing.
Yeah very true. Hopefully the Pirates won't be ready for his CB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:12 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it weren't for Greinke, everyone would be crazy about Johan right now
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
If it weren't for Greinke, everyone would be crazy about Johan right now
I'm still crazy for Johan. Greinke is just the new tow in the toy-box. 2 months from now we'll see who's doing what.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-09-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are in first.

I hope we'll keep on rolling and don't relinquish our spot.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We are in first.

I hope we'll keep on rolling and don't relinquish our spot.
Agreed. I hope we complete the sweep of the Pirates and then ride that momentum against the Braves
Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm with you guys. Let's keep the train rolling.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-10-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Perfect week awesome!!! Let's give Johan some runs tomorrow.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-12-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I'm getting a Mets Jersey. I'm not sure who to get so here's my pros/cons

Johan Santana
Pros-Team's best player. Name recognition
Cons-Ugly number in 57. Only plays once every 5 games

David Wright
Pros-Plays everyday. Leader of the team. Name recognition. Likely to be a Met for a long time
Cons-Seems everyone and their mom has a Wright jersey

K-Rod
Pros-Not many people have them. Big FA acquisition
Cons-REALLY UGLY number in 75. Not sure if I want to support the bullpen that has yet to give me confidence
Old 05-12-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a feeling that Bennett was going to walk Beltran there. He couldn't control the strike zone at all in that inning.

Great comeback.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

Johan Santana

David Wright
Pros-Plays everyday. Leader of the team. Name recognition. Likely to be a Met for a long time

K-Rod
Cons-REALLY UGLY number in 75. Not sure if I want to support the bullpen that has yet to give me confidence
I have a Wright and Reyes jersey. I also have an assortment of the jersey t-shirts. Who is your favorite player on the team?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-13-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I had a feeling that Bennett was going to walk Beltran there. He couldn't control the strike zone at all in that inning.

Great comeback.
I was at the game tonight. It was good to see our first comeback win. Pelfrey had his best stuff of the year tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-13-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Johan Santana

David Wright

K-Rod
I have a wright one too. It's probably the safest bet out of the three, but your right everyone has it. If I was in your situation I would probably go with the Santana jersey

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:19 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Great comeback. We seem to do well against Tim Lincecum.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Mets have the best record in baseball for the month of May.

Anyone want to throw out their predictions for Wrights and Reyes numbers for this year?
Old 05-16-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I just hope they do well.

With Gado on DL, does Tatis take over the 1B job?

Personally, I think he's the best option.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I just said it in the baseball thread but it's funny that Wright was slumping and his average hardly dipped below .300. This years team is really putting it together so I say they just get a lead big enough where we don't have to worry about them blowing it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I just hope they do well.

With Gado on DL, does Tatis take over the 1B job?

Personally, I think he's the best option.
I guess Tatis and Murphy are going to split time there. Maybe we should take a look at Brad Nelson who just opted for FA?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't know about you guys but Manuel is pissing me the **** off big time. He doesn't know what he's doing with the bench. His PH moves have been atrocious.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-20-2009, 05:06 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've hated Jerry for a while now. This team just isn't fit to win anything, but he certainly doesn't help.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I've hated Jerry for a while now. This team just isn't fit to win anything, but he certainly doesn't help.
I still think we can win if we add another bat but Jerry just really leaves you scratching your head a lot. He wasn't like this last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I know everyone follows the minors here, so would anyone be interested if I listed our big prospects stats everyday?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I know everyone follows the minors here, so would anyone be interested if I listed our big prospects stats everyday?
I would be very interested
Old 05-22-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I just bought a pinstriped K-Rod jersey
Old 05-22-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I just bought a pinstriped K-Rod jersey
Awesome choice. The pinstriped jersey is my favorite as well even though I really like the gray road one as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Awesome choice. The pinstriped jersey is my favorite as well even though I really like the gray road one as well.
I went with the pinstripe because I have a white Mets hat I wear. Thought it'd look goofy with gray jersey