Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-22-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I went with the pinstripe because I have a white Mets hat I wear. Thought it'd look goofy with gray jersey
It sounds like a good combo. I was going to get a Murphy shirt but I'm too worried about that now. I'm itching to get a new player jersey shirt though so I'll probably go Rodriguez or Johan for that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It sounds like a good combo. I was going to get a Murphy shirt but I'm too worried about that now. I'm itching to get a new player jersey shirt though so I'll probably go Rodriguez or Johan for that.
I wanted a player shirt but they were expensive online for some reason. I got an actual jersey for 30 dollars and places wanted 20 just for the t-shirt
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talking about prospects, Fernando Martinez had a 2-HR game the other day. He has 7 on the season.

His biggest problem in the past has been ability to his lefties.

So far this season vs. Lefties:

.303/.395/.515

I hope he keeps progressing. He's a BIG-TIME talent.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is my preliminary list of prospects I'll follow. If you have any additions or subtractions let me know.

Buffalo:
SP Dillon Gee DL
SP Jon Niese
SP Lance Broadway
SP Tobi Stoner
RP Eddie Kunz
OF Fernando Martinez

Binghamton:
SP Brad Holt
SP Jenrry Mejia
SP Mike Antonini
RP Stephen Clyne
C Josh Thole
1B Lucas Duda
1B Ike Davis
3B Shawn Bowman
SS Ruben Tejada

St. Lucie:
SP Scott Shaw
SP Angel Calero
SP Dylan Owen
SP Jeff Kaplan
P Nick Carr
P Brant Rustich
C Francisco Pena
2B Hector Pellot
2B Greg Veloz
SS Reese Havens
3B Zach Lutz
OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis
OF Carlos Guzman

Savannah:
SP Jeurys Familia
SP Elvin Ramirez
SP Robert Carson
SP Kyle Allen
RP Josh Stinson
RP Eric Beaulac
C Kai Gronauer
2B Josh Satin
SS Wilmer Flores
SS Juan Lagares
3B Jefry Marte
IF/OF Jordany Valdespin
OF Sean Ratliff

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 06-23-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Talking about prospects, Fernando Martinez had a 2-HR game the other day. He has 7 on the season.

His biggest problem in the past has been ability to his lefties.

So far this season vs. Lefties:

.303/.395/.515

I hope he keeps progressing. He's a BIG-TIME talent.
He's been unconscious in May so far. If he does this for another month he has to be here end of June or a little earlier.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some Additional names.

From St. Lucie:
OF Carlos Guzman...will be 23 in a couple of days, but he has serious power.
SS Hector Pellot....still pretty young and he's starting to hit
SP Angel Calero....one of the most talented pitching prospects in our system, he has to be there
RP Nick Carr.....Young reliever who can hit high-90s on the gun.

Most of St. Lucie's players are interesting prospects.

From Savannah:

SP Elvin Ramirez...talented pitching prospects with a power sinker.
SP Robert Carson....Very surprising that you didn't include him, good prospect.
SP Kyle Allen...yeah, his ERA is high, but he's a 19-year-old with good stuff. Plus his peripherals look good.
RP Josh Stinson...he's been pitching at A- for awhile, but he's still young enough and also an interesting prospect.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

And then there is Nick Evans......

.093/.218/.227......:(

Yeah, don't include him.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Will def. add all of those. I didn't know how many names I should put on there. Calero I actually forgot about :-(.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
And then there is Nick Evans......

.093/.218/.227......:(

Yeah, don't include him.
When he starts hitting again I'll put him on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

My top 20:

1. Fernando Martinez (OF)
2. Jenrry Mejia (SP)
3. Brad Holt (SP)
4. Jon Niese (SP)
5. Wilmer Flores (SS)
6. Josh Thole (C)
7. Reese Havens (2B)
8. Ike Davis (1B)
9. Brant Rustich (SP/RP)
10. Jeurys Familia (SP)
11. Ruben Tejada (SS)
12. Jefry Marte (3B)
13. Dillon Gee (SP)
14. Eddie Kunz (RP)
15. Francisco Pena (C)
16. Shawn Bowman (3B)
17. Angel Calero (SP)
18. Elvin Ramirez (SP)
19. Sean Ratliff (OF)
20. Robert Carson (SP)

We are pretty deep. I left off several guys that I thought would make it.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Very good list. I agree on pretty much everything. Are system looks much better now than it did in the beginning of the year. We're probably in the 10-15 range.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

May 22 Prospect Report

Buffalo:
SP Dillon Gee
SP Jon Niese- 3.2 IP 12 H 9 R 7 ER 1 BB 3 K 8.06 E.R.A. (L, 0-3)
RP Eddie Kunz- 2 IP 1 R 1 ER 1 BB 2 K 4.00 E.R.A.
OF Fernando Martinez- 2-5 2 RBI(25) 1 K .296

Binghamton:
SP Mike Antonini
SP Dylan Owen
SP Tobi Stoner- 6.2 IP 4 H 2 R 2 ER 2 BB 4 K 1.89 E.R.A. (L, 1-1)
RP Stephen Clyne
C Josh Thole- 1-4 1 K .351
1B Nick Evans- 1-4 1 HR(1) 1 R 1 RBI(1) 1 K .250 AA Debut
1B Lucas Duda- 0-4 2 K .281 Played LF
3B Shawn Bowman- 1-4 .285
SS Ruben Tejada- 0-2 1 K .232

St. Lucie:
SP Brad Holt
SP Jenrry Mejia
SP Scott Shaw- 5 IP 4 H 0 R 0 ER 2 BB 3 K 3.57 E.R.A.
SP Angel Calero
RP Nick Carr
RP Brant Rustich- 3 IP 7 H 3 R 3 ER 1 BB 0 K 2.25 E.R.A. (L, 1-1)
C Francisco Pena
1B Ike Davis- 1-4 .297
2B Hector Pellot
SS Reese Havens- 0-4 .233
3B Zach Lutz- 0-2 2 BB 1 K .270
2B Greg Veloz- 1-1 1 BB 1 K .219
OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis
OF Carlos Guzman- 1-3 1 2B(14) 1 BB .288

Savannah:
SP Jeurys Familia
SP Jeff Kaplan- 5 IP 6 H 1 R 1 ER 2 BB 4 K 1.23 E.R.A.
SP Eric Beaulac
SP Elvin Ramirez
SP Robert Carson
RP Kyle Allen
RP Josh Stinson
C Kai Gronauer- 0-3 2 K .239
2B Josh Satin- 2-4 1 2B(11) 1 R 1 RBI(22) 2 K .353
SS Wilmer Flores- 1-4 1 2B(5) 1 RBI(9) 1 K .250
SS Juan Lagares- 2-3 .281
3B Jefry Marte- 1-3 K .205
IF/OF Jordany Valdespin- 2-4 1 R 1 K .295
OFSean Ratliff- 0-3 1 RBI(23) 1 BB .329

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 05-22-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Nick Evans is ALIVE! :)

And once again, props to our Minor League coaches for developing Bobby Parnell.

He was REALLY raw when we drafted him and, level by level, he was moving up through the system and improving every year.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Nick Evans is ALIVE! :)

And once again, props to our Minor League coaches for developing Bobby Parnell.

He was REALLY raw when we drafted him and, level by level, he was moving up through the system and improving every year.
Parnell looked amazing tonight. He hit 100!!! Tonight's prospect report is finished for the night as well. If anyone has suggestions let me know.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Parnell's slider becomes good, he could be quite the ****.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
If Parnell's slider becomes good, he could be quite the ****.
It looks pretty nasty he just needs to throw it consistently.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Niese got tatooed. :( He's inconsistent.

Good to see Wilmer back.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

May 23 Prospect Report

Buffalo:
SP Dillon Gee
SP Jon Niese
RP Eddie Kunz
OF Fernando Martinez- 1-4 1 2B(15) 1 RBI(26) .295

Binghamton:

SP Mike Antonini
SP Dylan Owen
SP Tobi Stoner
RP Stephen Clyne
C Josh Thole- 2-5 1 RBI(13) 1 K .353
1B Nick Evans- 1-4 1 BB 2 K .250
1B Lucas Duda- 3-4 1 R 1 RBI(21) 1 BB .295
3B Shawn Bowman- 2-5 1 2B(10) 2 K .288
SS Ruben Tejada- 3-4 1 R .248

St. Lucie:
SP Brad Holt
SP Jenrry Mejia
SP Scott Shaw
SP Angel Calero- 7 IP 5 H 3 R 3 ER 2 BB 8 K 3.57 E.R.A. (L, 1-4)
RP Nick Carr
RP Brant Rustich
C Francisco Pena- 1-3 1 RBI(11) 1 BB 1 K .204
1B Ike Davis- 0-4 1 K .289
2B Hector Pellot
SS Reese Havens- 0-4 1 R 1 RBI(26) .227
3B Zach Lutz- 0-2 2 BB 1 K .262
2B Greg Veloz- 1-4 1 R 1 K .220
OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis
OF Carlos Guzman- 1-4 2 k .287

Savannah: Game 1
SP Jeurys Familia
SP Jeff Kaplan
SP Eric Beaulac
SP Elvin Ramirez
SP Robert Carson- 5.2 IP 7 H 1 R 1 ER 1 BB 6 K 3.12 E.R.A. (W, 3-3)
RP Kyle Allen
RP Josh Stinson- 1.1 IP 1 H 0 R 0 ER 0 BB 1 K 2.92 E.R.A. (SV, 1)
C Kai Gronauer
2B Josh Satin- 0-1 1 R 2 BB .350
SS Wilmer Flores- 0-3 2K .244
SS Juan Lagares- 0-2 .276
3B Jefry Marte- 0-1 1 BB 1 K .204
IF/OF Jordany Valdespin- 0-3 .287
OFSean Ratliff- 0-3 1 K .323

Savannah: Game 2
SP Jeurys Familia
SP Jeff Kaplan
SP Eric Beaulac
SP Elvin Ramirez
SP Robert Carson
RP Kyle Allen
RP Josh Stinson
C Kai Gronauer
2B Josh Satin- 0-2 1 R 1 BB 2 K .345
SS Wilmer Flores- 0-3 .238
SS Juan Lagares- 2-3 1 2B(5) 1 K .286
3B Jefry Marte- 0-3 .200
IF/OF Jordany Valdespin- 1-3 1 R 1 2B(4) 1 K .288
OFSean Ratliff

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 05-23-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Holy **** what a game. So much to go over. I'm really enjoying this one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Prospect Recap is final for tonight. Does anyone want me to put if the teams won or lost also?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-24-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So K-Rod has back spasms. Hopefully he's not out long but then again, this is why we traded for JJ Putz. I'm so glad too because I would have hated to see us resort to closing games with Pedro Feliciano or Brian Stokes
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
So K-Rod has back spasms. Hopefully he's not out long but then again, this is why we traded for JJ Putz. I'm so glad too because I would have hated to see us resort to closing games with Pedro Feliciano or Brian Stokes
K-Rod is fine already. He reported to the clubhouse this morning with no problems. Also, Parnell has been above and beyond what anyone thought as well. As we were saying if he can throw that slider consistently he looks like a future closer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-24-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

May 24 Prospect Report

Buffalo:
SP Dillon Gee
SP Jon Niese
RP Eddie Kunz
OF Fernando Martinez- 1-4 1 K .294

Binghamton:
SP Mike Antonini
SP Dylan Owen- 6 IP 8 H 6 R 6 ER 2 BB 4 K 6.55 E.R.A. (L, 0-4)
SP Tobi Stoner
RP Stephen Clyne- 1 IP 4 H 4 R 4 ER 4 BB 0 K 9.95 E.R.A.
C Josh Thole- 2-4 1 R 1 2B(14) .357
1B Nick Evans- 0-4 2 K .167
1B Lucas Duda- 1-4 1 2B(7) 1 K .294
3B Shawn Bowman- 0-3 1 RBI(23) .283
SS Ruben Tejada- 1-3 .250

St. Lucie:
SP Brad Holt- 6 IP 4 H 1 R 1 ER 1 BB 10 K 3.57 E.R.A (W, 3-1)
SP Jenrry Mejia
SP Scott Shaw
SP Angel Calero
RP Nick Carr- 3 IP 1 H 0 R 0 ER 1 BB 0 K 2.30 E.R.A. (S, 3)
RP Brant Rustich
C Francisco Pena- 2-4 1 R 1 K .214
1B Ike Davis- 0-4 1 RBI(13) 2 K .282
2B Hector Pellot
SS Reese Havens- 1-3 1 BB .229
3B Zach Lutz- 0-4 1 R 1 BB 1 K .246
2B Greg Veloz- 3-5 1 R 2 K .233
OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis
OF Carlos Guzman- 2-5 .290

Savannah:
SP Jeurys Familia
SP Jeff Kaplan
SP Eric Beaulac- 6 IP 5 H 4 R 3 ER 1 BB 3 K 3.48 E.R.A. (L, 2-2)
SP Elvin Ramirez
SP Robert Carson
RP Kyle Allen- 3 IP 5 H 1 R 1 ER 1 BB 2 K 4.96 E.R.A.
RP Josh Stinson
C Kai Gronauer- 1-3 .242
2B Josh Satin- 0-3 1 BB 1 K .338
SS Wilmer Flores- 1-4 1 2B(6) 1 R .238
SS Juan Lagares- 2-4 2 RBI(11) .292
3B Jefry Marte- 0-3 1 K .196
IF/OF Jordany Valdespin- 1-3 1 BB .289
OFSean Ratliff- 0-4 1 K .315

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 05-24-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brad Holt. Goddamn.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Holt is still working on his secondary pitches, but man, that fastball of his is a Plus pitch.