Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-12-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
today was embarrassing, i think pelfrey needs to go back down to AAA, but i dont know who we would bring up
It's possible that Pelfrey will go to AAA once El-Duque is ready to come off the DL.

Yeah, today's game was UGLY. They just need to put it behind them, and move on.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
It's possible that Pelfrey will go to AAA once El-Duque is ready to come off the DL.

Yeah, today's game was UGLY. They just need to put it behind them, and move on.
It ended in a blowout but it was a very good close game for most of it. This series is fun to watch.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlos Gomez got the call up. He's starting in RF so it's a very exciting Mother's Day.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mets have 3 gold-glove caliber CFs starting for them in the OF.

Gomez is SO TALENTED.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Great debut for Gomez. Ollie was dominant for most of the game.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Gomez was great, Oli Perez was so dominant, im also pleasantly surprised with the play of easley

Last edited by gbpackers0065 : 05-13-2007 at 04:48 PM.
gbpackers0065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Gomez does well I wonder what they will do with him. The play in the 8th where he got the single and then stole 2nd was the game to me. It was nice to pile on ruins after but Gomez put that game over the top.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-14-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Gomez most likely going down when the Mets have to call up a starter or activated El Duque to have a 5th starter?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Is Gomez most likely going down when the Mets have to call up a starter or activated El Duque to have a 5th starter?
Yesterday I would've said yes, but it now appears that Alou is headed to the DL, therefore, Gomez will probably stay.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yesterday I would've said yes, but it now appears that Alou is headed to the DL, therefore, Gomez will probably stay.
Alou going on the DL then makes Omar's decision easier. Who is going to replace Alou's spot now. Is El Duque in fact ready to come off the DL?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Alou going on the DL then makes Omar's decision easier. Who is going to replace Alou's spot now. Is El Duque in fact ready to come off the DL?
El-Duque won't be ready by Thursday. That's when Omar will have to make a decision regarding who will be the #5 starter.

It will probably be Jason Vargas. I was hoping that they would give Humber a shot, but he pitched yesterday, and it's unlikely that they would pitch him on a 3 day rest.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Anyone going to any of the Mets / Yanks games this weekend?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Anyone going to any of the Mets / Yanks games this weekend?
I had a shot of going to the Saturday game, but I'll have to spend the weekend with my nose in the books. :(

Needless to say, I'm not thrilled about that.

Stupid schedule makers, why does this series have to be during my finals week?

Last edited by MaxV : 05-14-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I had a shot of going to the Saturday game, but I'll have to spend the weekend with my nose in the books. :(

Needless to say, I'm not thrilled about that.

Stupid schedule makers, why does this series have to be during my finals week?
The Mets also kind of screwed up with how the sold the Yanks game in my opinion. The forced you to buy packages to get those games. I can't commit to packages even for my Yanks. I generally just like to look about 2-3 weeks ahead of time when I know a day I can definately go to a game and just pick up tickets then. As much as I make fun of Shea I actually wanted to go there before they knock it down but I'd have to get a Mets package if I wanted to go.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If you bought a package you could get Yanks tockets but they also had a lottery for the series. You still had a chance to get them even if you didn't buy the package.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-14-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I thought it was inetresting that Gary Cohen said Kevin Mulvey was a darkhorse to get the start for Thursday. Maybe he knows something we don't.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-14-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If you bought a package you could get Yanks tockets but they also had a lottery for the series. You still had a chance to get them even if you didn't buy the package.
That was a small amount though. I believe there are seats that are still left to be filled. And they are waiting to see if people will cough up money for the packages. Sometime this week they may release seats to the general public.

Otherwise someone has to buy the "Jose-Jose-Jose" package which includes Merengue Night and Fiesta Latina. How rediculous.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 05-14-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
That was a small amount though. I believe there are seats that are still left to be filled. And they are waiting to see if people will cough up money for the packages. Sometime this week they may release seats to the general public.

Otherwise someone has to buy the "Jose-Jose-Jose" package which includes Merengue Night and Fiesta Latina. How rediculous.
It is def. a shot to the fans but if people don't want them they don't have to buy them. Almost everything to do with going to a baseball game is ridiculous now I'm pretty used to it. The prices are outrageous but everyone still coughs up their money.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-14-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I thought it was inetresting that Gary Cohen said Kevin Mulvey was a darkhorse to get the start for Thursday. Maybe he knows something we don't.
I doubt it. Gary, himself, said Mulvey is a long shot for Thursday.

Another candidate is Sele and I prefer him over Vargas.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I doubt it. Gary, himself, said Mulvey is a long shot for Thursday.

Another candidate is Sele and I prefer him over Vargas.
I'd rather see Vargas over Sele. I know Cohen said that I just thought it was real interesting for him to bring Mulvey up at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-14-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
It is def. a shot to the fans but if people don't want them they don't have to buy them. Almost everything to do with going to a baseball game is ridiculous now I'm pretty used to it. The prices are outrageous but everyone still coughs up their money.
That being said, I think they eventually open up single game tickets to the fans later this week as I don't think they'll sell that many more plans between now and Friday. If so wanna go?
Old 05-14-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Whoever it is, I hope he can give us 5-6 solid innings and keep us in that game.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That being said, I think they eventually open up single game tickets to the fans later this week as I don't think they'll sell that many more plans between now and Friday. If so wanna go?
You guys ever go to the Subway Series game?
Old 05-14-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
You guys ever go to the Subway Series game?
I did last year in Yankee Stadium. Mets won. I forget who was on the mound. Might have been Glavine or Trashchel for you guys.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I did last year in Yankee Stadium. Mets won. I forget who was on the mound. Might have been Glavine or Trashchel for you guys.
If it was Trachsel, then you probably enjoyed that 1 hour break between pitches. :)