Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-14-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That being said, I think they eventually open up single game tickets to the fans later this week as I don't think they'll sell that many more plans between now and Friday. If so wanna go?
If we could get tickets I'd go even though work might be a problem. I'd figure something out though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
You guys ever go to the Subway Series game?
I went to one in 2001. I don't remember anything from that game to be honest and I'm not sure why. I think we won.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-14-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If it was Trachsel, then you probably enjoyed that 1 hour break between pitches. :)
Yup I just looked it up. It was Trachsel vs. Randy Johnson. Mets won 8-3. And A-Rod hit a useless 8th inning solo HR down by 6. He was booed. Ha.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GREAT comeback today.

- David with another nice day. He's looking MUCH better in May.

- Delgado is hitting better also, GREAT at-bat in the 9th.

- Despite allowing 4 ERs Glavine pitched well. His D didn't help.

- Good to see Joe Smith shake off his first tough outing and do what he does best.

As I'm typing this, Willie is saying that Burgos is coming back tommorow. Good, he's better then Urdenetta.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know Newhans plate song?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

By end of July, who do you see as our five starting pitchers?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
By end of July, who do you see as our five starting pitchers?
Are we assuming Pedro will be back by then?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I would be interested to see your list with and without him.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I would be interested to see your list with and without him.
With Him

1. Glavine
2. Maine
3. Perez
4. Hernandez
5. Martinez

If he's not back then I would put Sosa in his place.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

I can't seem to find, although not looking very hard, what is the status on Alou and Valentine?

What do you see for the future of Gomez and Milledge at this point?

When is Hernandez comming back from the DL and is it safe to say that Pelfery is done this year?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I can't seem to find, although not looking very hard, what is the status on Alou and Valentine?

What do you see for the future of Gomez and Milledge at this point?

When is Hernandez comming back from the DL and is it safe to say that Pelfery is done this year?
1. Alou was just placed on the DL today and Jason Vargas was called up. Valentin is injured and I think will probably not be back for at least a month and a half.

2. Hernandez is pitching off a mound now and should be back within the next 2-3 weeks. I don't think Pelfrey is done for the year he just needs to work on his secondary stuff more and regain his confidence. At this point it seems it's 90% mental when he gets on the mound.

3. I still think both Gomez and Milledge are special players and both will be future All Stars. I personally Like Gomez a tad more just because of his speed even though Milledge could fly as well. We are real lucky we have all these guys and that so far they all look like they can be special players. I think we're eventually going to have to deal someone and it's probably going to be Milledge which could come back and hurt us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who is starting tonight?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Who is starting tonight?
John "Snakes on the" Maine
Old 05-15-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
With Him

1. Glavine
2. Maine
3. Perez
4. Hernandez
5. Martinez

If he's not back then I would put Sosa in his place.
I hope Pedro comes back strong. That would make us that much tougher.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Fernando Martinez with a 3-4 day today, including an opposite field HR.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Fernando Martinez with a 3-4 day today, including an opposite field HR.
Yup and a 2B. I'm amazing how advanced of a hitter he is considering how young he is.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-16-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The papers are blasting Lastings Milledge for lyrics in the songs that his record label promotes.

I visited his website and listened to the songs.

I don't see what the big deal is. They sound like average modern-style rap songs to me.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Do you have a link?
Old 05-16-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The papers are blasting Lastings Milledge for lyrics in the songs that his record label promotes.

I don't see what the big deal is. They sound like average modern-style rap songs to me.
probably blown out of perportion by the don imus scandal
Old 05-16-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

At this point and I'm not sure why it's clear Milledge has almost fell out of favor with the NY media. It's pretty ridiculous and hopefully the more uneducated fans don't listen or read this stuff as gospel. Milledge is a good kid and they are still attacking him for what happened in high school which he was cleared of and was BS anways.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-16-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Totally unrelated, but he does have an attitude problem correct?
Old 05-16-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
At this point and I'm not sure why it's clear Milledge has almost fell out of favor with the NY media. It's pretty ridiculous and hopefully the more uneducated fans don't listen or read this stuff as gospel. Milledge is a good kid and they are still attacking him for what happened in high school which he was cleared of and was BS anways.
I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH THAT!!!!

Everyone acted as if he was the only one in that draft who got laid in HS.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Do you have a link?
Yes, but I'm not sure if I can post it here.

I'll ask the mods.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yes, but I'm not sure if I can post it here.

I'll ask the mods.
I think you can. It has nothing to do eith another nfl draft website so I don't see the big deal. It's just a music site.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-16-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

I just read this article

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...16metsrap.html

Some interesting quotes.

Quote:
He's lost his mind," said City Councilman Leroy Comrie (D-Queens), who sponsored the Council's resolution that condemned use of the N word. "I don't understand how he could, in the spirit of Jackie Robinson, put out music that's so vile, using . . . some of the worst words in music
Maybe I missed something, but was this on the day which the MLB celebrated Jackie Robinson or is this person just pulling somethin gout of no where.

Quote:
One Mets player, speaking anonymously before Tuesday night's game at Shea, wasn't surprised by Milledge's lyrics. "Language like that in a rap song? Shocking!" the player said sarcastically.
And this which is what you were both talking about before

Quote:
Milledge was expelled from Northside Christian School in 2003 for having sex with a 15-year-old girlfriend and agreed to enroll in a juvenile arbitration program to avoid prosecution. Soon after the Mets drafted Milledge in 2003, the Daily News reported that he had been accused of having consensual sex with 12 and 13-year-old girls as well, which led to his expulsion from school.