Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 01-14-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Steelers have 4 1st and 2nd rounders on their line from the last three years, and Kelvin Beachum (7th) showed some serious ability at the end of the year. Unless his name is Womack, Steelers won't be drafting line in the first two rounds. Look Rush linebacker (Ansah, Okafor, Jordan) or ILB (Mintner or Ogletree- the way your draft plays out).
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersrock151 View Post
Steelers have 4 1st and 2nd rounders on their line from the last three years, and Kelvin Beachum (7th) showed some serious ability at the end of the year. Unless his name is Womack, Steelers won't be drafting line in the first two rounds. Look Rush linebacker (Ansah, Okafor, Jordan) or ILB (Mintner or Ogletree- the way your draft plays out).
Difference between their LBs and O-line is that their lbs are actually under contract. And keep in mind they have Sean spence at ILB coming back from injury. OLB depth is definitely a need though I could see them going that direction for sure.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:58 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I think Damontre Moore is definitely someone that will be on the Lions' radar, but I don't think there is any way they go with a TE in the 2nd round. There are glaring holes at WR, CB, S, and LB that need to be addressed before they consider a TE.
I'm familiar with the Lions situation and they'd be fools to re-sign Pettigrew. Considering how important TE is in their scheme, I think they have to take Ertz if he's there in the 2nd.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
That trade is still heavily favoring Arizona. A 3rd just isn't enough.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Also, Seymour is a free agent. They will be cutting Kelly, though.

Star would be a strong pick right there, all else aside.
I don't think that chart is entirely accurate. Jaguars only gave up a 4th to move up from 7 to 5 last year, the chart indicates it should've been a 3rd. Honestly I don't think the trade favors Arizona at all. Oakland gets an early third and they give up a guy that they don't really need, so essentially they only move back 3 spots not 4. I don't think there's anything wrong with that trade. Joeckel isn't exactly rg3
Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Chargers have a ton of needs, OLineman you could at least get value from in FA or 3rd round+. Much tougher to find a workhorse back or every down lb (which I'm projecting Te'o to be in this mock, if he posts slow combine numbers he won't be taken that high obv)
Have you seen our oline?good god Philip Rivers damn near died. Our biggest needs are OT OG CB
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHasley10 View Post
Have you seen our oline?good god Philip Rivers damn near died. Our biggest needs are OT OG CB
I don't make my mocks based on what the teams' biggest needs are, I try to give the BPA that won't cause a mess at a position as that is closer to what the real teams actually do. On my board Te'o is the BPA when the chargers pick and they could def use a ilb, especially with takeo spikes likely retiring this season or next.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think that chart is entirely accurate. Jaguars only gave up a 4th to move up from 7 to 5 last year, the chart indicates it should've been a 3rd. Honestly I don't think the trade favors Arizona at all. Oakland gets an early third and they give up a guy that they don't really need, so essentially they only move back 3 spots not 4. I don't think there's anything wrong with that trade. Joeckel isn't exactly rg3

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this draft for the Chiefs.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm familiar with the Lions situation and they'd be fools to re-sign Pettigrew. Considering how important TE is in their scheme, I think they have to take Ertz if he's there in the 2nd.
There's about zero chance we go TE. For one, Pettigrew is already resigned. For 2, we have too many other needs. We still have Scheffler and Heller if Pettigrew keeps sucking. However, he had a pretty low drop rate in 2011 and caught 150 balls in 2010 and 2011. He's a pretty good TE who can block too. He was awful in 2012, but you basically have to try and resurrect his career given our cap situation and all. We have to get 2 defensive players out of the first 2 days, period. A project TE I could maybe see.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, but this isn't even close to what RG3 went for. By your logic of Jacksonville moving up for a round less than what the chart said, Arizona should still owe a 2nd. Joeckel is a franchise LT and one of the best prospects at the position we've seen in a while. Its also a desperate need for AZ. You give the 2nd or don't get him IMO. Someone would beat your offer or Oakland can stand pat and take Jones or make sure they get Star there(no guarantee at 7, though they luck out in this scenario)
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote