Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Have you seen "Catfish"? These people go to great lengths.

I guess I just wonder why people are so unwilling to give Te'o the benefit of the doubt? Is there anything in his history that would lead you to believe he is capable of doing something like this, especially without a clear motive? I just don't understand, especially now that the evidence is already mounting to back up his claims.
Well, there is A motive of sorts.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have you seen "Catfish"? These people go to great lengths.

I guess I just wonder why people are so unwilling to give Te'o the benefit of the doubt? Is there anything in his history that would lead you to believe he is capable of doing something like this, especially without a clear motive? I just don't understand, especially now that the evidence is already mounting to back up his claims.
Probably something with this stemming on the heels of his dad blacklisting a Hawaii newspaper from ever interviewing Manti because they were too critical of his horrendous play in the title game. The aura of "image concern" stemming from him and his family is certainly there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess I just wonder why people are so unwilling to give Te'o the benefit of the doubt?
What, precisely, constitutes "giving him the benefit of the doubt" in this context?

I have no particular feelings whether he was duped or whether he was in on it, but either case looks bad for him.

If he was duped by a hoax, he looks like an idiot.
If he was party to the hoax, he looks like a scoundrel.

Neither of those things are good.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Te'o didn't become aware of it until late December.

I've been told that Notre Dame's investigation revealed a lot of evidence in terms of phone records, electronic correspondence, etc. that back up his story. The truth is going to come out, especially now that this has blown up in the media. In fact, as you can see per my post above it's already starting to unravel and looking more and more like Te'o was a victim. Perhaps guilty of being too trusting and naive, but a victim nonetheless. Keep in mind that this is a real thing. So much so that there has been a movie and television series about something exactly like this. It's easy to make fun of Te'o but he wasn't the first and won't be the last to be duped.

You're a better fan than me. A true captain going down with the ship.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Probably something with this stemming on the heels of his dad blacklisting a Hawaii newspaper from ever interviewing Manti because they were too critical of his horrendous play in the title game. The aura of "image concern" stemming from him and his family is certainly there.
So if he is so media-conscious why would he risk doing something like this that would destroy his public image and making him a laughing stock? And how do you explain the girl that others met? Did he hire an actor in 2011 with the intention of killer her off during his senior season? Now we're getting into crazy conspiracy territory.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She didn't die, she just went offline.

Last edited by boknows34 : 01-16-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
You're a better fan than me. A true captain going down with the ship.
If I'm wrong and Te'o was complicit I'll come back to this thread and take my medicine.

I hope others will as well if it turns out that Te'o was indeed a victim.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guis....it has been a fun time here but I hate to inform you I don't really exist and my profile is just an elaborate hoax.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-16-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If I'm wrong and Te'o was complicit I'll come back to this thread and take my medicine.

But if he's the victim he's still a complete moron, which is what everyone is saying. No medicine to be taken.

Teo is a victim like old people who send thousands of dollars to a prince in Africa are victims; only victim to their own stupidity.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
RedVision
Rookie

RedVision hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RedVision hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Something doesnt make sense. If he really met her, and she was the girl regan mauia is talking about, how can we explain that her twitter profile pic was the photo of an unknown girl?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
But if he's the victim he's still a complete moron, which is what everyone is saying. No medicine to be taken.

Teo is a victim like old people who send thousands of dollars to a prince in Africa are victims; only victim to their own stupidity.
HE WAS A KING GODDAMN IT

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So if he is so media-conscious why would he risk doing something like this that would destroy his public image and making him a laughing stock? And how do you explain the girl that others met? Did he hire an actor in 2011 with the intention of killer her off during his senior season? Now we're getting into crazy conspiracy territory.
So we're believing the reports from Notre Dame (who we KNOW is ridiculously image conscious) and the Cardinals fullback (the Cards have a fullback) instead of reports from Stanford's registrar and the SSA that this girl DOES NOT EXIST. So when they met, Te'o never realized that she had like credit cards in different names? No drivers license? No form of ID at all. Like, at ALL. And then this girl just disappeared? Like gave him a fake name? THEY MET. So at her funeral, they gave a big funeral for a girl with a fake name? Like, her family was cool with that. The records of this girl who didn't exist totally worked when they filed her death. And the hospital. Yeah, he visited her in the hospital. I'm sure the insurance for a girl WHO DIDNT EXIST went over well there. Sure, we'll pay the doctors off to call me a different name, even on my wristband. Where's the conspiracy theory going now? SO much doesn't add up.

And to add, I'm fine with Notre Dame. My great uncle playeed football there. My grandpa loved 'em. I'm not an ND hater, just throwing in how I see it and how much this just doesnt add up and how much this whole thing was played up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well said, I agree.

If an NFL prospect had given thousands of dollars to an internet scam, I wouldn't bad for him either.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the saying goes...

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me for 3 straight years and have me crying on national TV and falling asleep listening to you breath, shame on me.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I'm not sure if people are appreciating how elaborate this thing appears to be.

It looks like there was actually a woman pretending to be this person he thought was his girlfriend. She met others, talking with Te'o on the phone for hours at a time (which others have corroborated), etc. This wasn't just a silly little prank that would have been obvious. They fooled not only Te'o but many others as well. They went to great lengths.

My bottom line is that I have no reason to not believe Te'o and if when all the facts come out he is found to be complicit then I'll eat crow.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this Reagan Mauia stuff means is her character may have been based on a true story.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would appreciate this, but there's no need. What you could do is change my handle to "Manti Vanilli".
Old 01-16-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
So we're believing the reports from Notre Dame (who we KNOW is ridiculously image conscious) and the Cardinals fullback (the Cards have a fullback) instead of reports from Stanford's registrar and the SSA that this girl DOES NOT EXIST. So when they met, Te'o never realized that she had like credit cards in different names? No drivers license? No form of ID at all. Like, at ALL. And then this girl just disappeared? Like gave him a fake name? THEY MET. So at her funeral, they gave a big funeral for a girl with a fake name? Like, her family was cool with that. The records of this girl who didn't exist totally worked when they filed her death. And the hospital. Yeah, he visited her in the hospital. I'm sure the insurance for a girl WHO DIDNT EXIST went over well there. Sure, we'll pay the doctors off to call me a different name, even on my wristband. Where's the conspiracy theory going now? SO much doesn't add up.

And to add, I'm fine with Notre Dame. My great uncle playeed football there. My grandpa loved 'em. I'm not an ND hater, just throwing in how I see it and how much this just doesnt add up and how much this whole thing was played up.
All of this
Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty is killin this thread.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sure if people are appreciating how elaborate this thing appears to be.

It looks like there was actually a woman pretending to be this person he thought was his girlfriend. She met others, talking with Te'o on the phone for hours at a time (which others have corroborated), etc. This wasn't just a silly little prank that would have been obvious. They fooled not only Te'o but many others as well. They went to great lengths.
I'm not sure whats more embarrassing...Teo allegedly being fooled hook, line, and sinker for 3 years by this supposed mastermind hoax, or you being fooled into thinking that Teo was a Top 3, super-elite linebacker prospect. LMAO.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Te'o didn't become aware of it until late December.

I've been told that Notre Dame's investigation revealed a lot of evidence in terms of phone records, electronic correspondence, etc. that back up his story. The truth is going to come out, especially now that this has blown up in the media. In fact, as you can see per my post above it's already starting to unravel and looking more and more like Te'o was a victim. Perhaps guilty of being too trusting and naive, but a victim nonetheless. Keep in mind that this is a real thing. So much so that there has been a movie and television series about something exactly like this. It's easy to make fun of Te'o but he wasn't the first and won't be the last to be duped.
I'm 99% sure he talked about this girl in the lead up to the Championship Game. Meaning he was still talking about her after he found out about it. So even if he was the victim, he lied about it for a few weeks. There is no possibility of this ending well for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 01-16-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Brody wants Manti to be *** almost as much as Scott wants him to be an innocent victim.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post
I'm not sure whats more embarrassing...Teo allegedly being fooled hook, line, and sinker for 3 years by this supposed mastermind hoax, or you being fooled into thinking that Teo was a Top 3, super-elite linebacker prospect. LMAO.
What? I never said that.

In fact, I've said that Te'o wasn't in the same class as guys like Patrick Willis.

I've mentioned at different points that Te'o could be a possibility for some teams picking in the Top 5 at different points, but I've never called him an elite prospect.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But if he's the victim he's still a complete moron,
No, it's really this simple. At best, he's a moron.
Closed Thread