Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott I'd tell you to stop but someone here has to play the biased homer. Makes it all more entertaining.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Scott I'd tell you to stop but someone here has to play the biased homer. Makes it all more entertaining.
Someone has to fall on their sword.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In addition to that theory, Kekua has to be removed from the picture at some point, you would think. It'd be hard to explain why the love of his life weren't on the awards circuit with him, or wasn't present with him during the draft or afterwards. At some point, he would run out of excuses as to why no one has seen her.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
OK, so if the person physically pretending to be Kekua, the person that Reagan met, and the person that Te'o met at Stanford, exists, how then can the random photo be explained? Whomever said they were Kekua would not be the person in the photo.
Because everyone looks exactly the same in real life as they do in photos?

It couldn't have been someone who looks similar?

Not sure I would call someone out on looking slightly different in real life than a picture.

But we're getting into speculation there and we don't know all of the facts.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Because everyone looks exactly the same in real life as they do in photos?

It couldn't have been someone who looks similar?

Not sure I would call someone out on looking slightly different in real life than a picture.

But we're getting into speculation there and we don't know all of the facts.
From the way its depicted, this girl basically stole his heart after than Stanford game. In addition, he apparently met her many times after that. I do indeed find it far-fetched that he would never come to the realization that whomever's picture he is looking at isn't whomever he saw on the field, or saw at his house. Yes, pictures can be deceiving, but if you've met someone multiple times and you claim to be in love with them, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to tell.

As for facts, it is an unquestionable fact that whomever Te'o claimed to have met at Stanford was not the person in the photos of the account Te'o communicated with.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it. I really hope he isn't ***.

Not because I have a problem with that, but because I find the story of him being an absolute moron to be much funnier. If he's *** it goes from hilarious to a little bit sad. Although, *** or straight, he's still a moron. I can understand that, being a hotshot linebacker, he wouldn't want people knowing, so he made up a fake girlfriend. Fine, no problem. But then he's an idiot the stories he made up with it.

And at this point I'd say him being *** and trying to cover it up, and failing miserably, is by far the most likely scenario. I'd be surprised if it was anything else.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still haven't heard a plausible explanation for why Te'o would do this.

There was very little if any upside but a huge downside if caught.

Plus he is the one who reported it to Notre Dame and got them to start their investigation.

Why?

I said it earlier but it bears repeating. Publicity was not a factor. Te'o was a big deal since his prep days as a five-star recruit. He famously returned for his senior season and was the star player for the most high-profile college football team in the country. Sympathy? His Grandma did die so there was no need to double-up there, he was already going to get sympathy.

There is just no reasonable explanation for why Te'o would risk extreme public scorn and humiliation to this degree. At least not that I've heard yet.

I won't be surprised if Te'o went along with this for the past couple of weeks in hopes of avoiding the embarrassment and not creating a distraction for his team leading up to the BCS National Championship, but I think that is where it ends on his part. Can you imagine being duped like that? To fall in love with someone then be told they died then find out it was a hoax?

Old 01-16-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Te'o have a recruitment issue with BYU because during his visit there, he had sex with a girl? I remember reading something about that, but it may have just been rumor.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Didn't Te'o have a recruitment issue with BYU because during his visit there, he had sex with a girl? I remember reading something about that, but it may have just been rumor.
No, it was alcohol.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Now this from former Stanford and now Tampa Bay Buccaneers DT Matthew Masifilo:

Quote:
Got to believe Te'o was the victim here. He would always ask us if we knew his mystery girl after we'd play them....

Old 01-16-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never really been a huge fan of Manti because I always questioned how genuine he was, but I was always happy about him being from Hawaii and "making it" on the big stage.

Why did I think he wasn't genuine before?

When he took his recruiting trip to BYU, I heard he went drinking and from then on I thought he was a fake Mormon. Don't act like you're a good Mormon boy when you're not. When he narrowed it down to USC and Notre Dame, I shook my head.

Then when he chose Notre Dame over USC because Carroll didn't want him to go on a mission while Weis would let him go, I thought wow that's a big man right there. USC was pumping LBs to the NFL and Te'o would've been the next star Polynesian heir at MLB following Rey Maualuga, Oscar Lua, and Junior Seau. I thought USC was the perfect spot for him. To his credit he made it work at ND career wise, but WTF happened to going on a mission???

I had a hint that he was a weak Mormon when I heard he liked to drink, then he didn't go on a mission (when he said he wanted to go) and again I thought... what a fraud. So I never took him as a genuine kinda guy. I thought the words that came out of his mouth were always honorable and he seems like a good guy, but I dunno... the dots never really matched up for me.

I admit this news is more than a little weird and I hope he's just the victim here, but if it comes out that he made it up, I can't say that I'll be surprised to hear that one.

In the end, whether he's just the victim or if he made it up and was a part of it... what's the big deal? Nothing criminal. Just embarrassing... for him, for those who cheered for him, and for those he represents.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There is just no reasonable explanation for why Te'o would risk extreme public scorn and humiliation to this degree. At least not that I've heard yet.
You said it yourself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright
sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to crazy.
a) He could have mental issues
b) He could be a sociopath/pathological liar
c) He could have tried to hatch an elaborate plan to cover up his true sexuality

I think those are all far more plausible than him being duped. Especially with how many inconsistencies this story has on his end.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There was very little if any upside but a huge downside if caught.

Plus he is the one who reported it to Notre Dame and got them to start their investigation.

Why?

I said it earlier but it bears repeating. Publicity was not a factor. Te'o was a big deal since his prep days as a five-star recruit. He famously returned for his senior season and was the star player for the most high-profile college football team in the country. Sympathy? His Grandma did die so there was no need to double-up there, he was already going to get sympathy.

I won't be surprised if Te'o went along with this for the past couple of weeks in hopes of avoiding the embarrassment and not creating a distraction for his team leading up to the BCS National Championship, but I think that is where it ends on his part. Can you imagine being duped like that? To fall in love with someone then be told they died then find out it was a hoax?
Beard. She was a beard.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

South Bend Tribune caught pulling the the article from October 12 that said that Te'o met the "girlfriend"

https://twitter.com/willbrinson/stat...50037288013825
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
You said it yourself...

a) He could have mental issues
b) He could be a sociopath/pathological liar
c) He could have tried to hatch an elaborate plan to cover up his true sexuality

I think those are all far more plausible than him being duped. Especially with how many inconsistencies this story has on his end.
So you are prepared to make those huge leaps rather than just believe that a guy we all felt was of impeccable character was merely too naive / trusting and the victim of a hoax?

Kind of a sad statement for society...

Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The most disturbing video:

That is fricken hilarious! I love Beanie now!
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
No, it was alcohol.
That's right. I think I was mixing him up with Harvey Unga who got kicked off for knocking up Tony Moeaki's sister.

Or something like that.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Beard. She was a beard.
Exactly. Answers everyone of Scott's questions in that post. Makes too much sense (relatively of course, still a ****** up situation) for it to be anything else.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you are prepared to make those huge leaps rather than just believe that a guy we all felt was of impeccable character was merely too naive / trusting and the victim of a hoax?

Kind of a sad statement for society...
I'm not sure how any of those are a huge leap.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I'm not sure how any of those are a huge leap.
It's not a huge leap to think Te'o is a homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that) or mentally ill rather than just believe he was a naive victim? Occam's Razor...

Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
It's not a huge leap to think Te'o is a homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that) or mentally ill rather than just believe he was a naive victim?
The evidence known so far would suggest that believing he was a naive victim is a bigger jump than the other two.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Te'o has to be the victim here. He's the one who approached ND about it right when he got the call. ...and he told them about it while he was at an ESPN awards ceremony in Orlando.

No wonder he played so bad against Alabama. His mind was somewhere else. He must have been going through hell in those weeks leading up to the game.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
It's not a huge leap to think Te'o is a homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that) or mentally ill rather than just believe he was a naive victim? Occam's Razor...
Not at all. Especially with the huge amount of inconsistencies between all of these different stories from Te'O.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Te'o has to be the victim here. He's the one who approached ND about it right when he got the call. ...and he told them about it while he was at an ESPN awards ceremony in Orlando.

No wonder he played so bad against Alabama. His mind was somewhere else. He must have been going through hell in those weeks leading up to the game.
It has begun....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Closed Thread