Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a very good friend who I have known is a homosexual for about 5 years. I've known him for over 10 years. During that first 5+ years, I often heard him speak of girls he'd dated. Saw him with female friends he claimed were girls he was dating. etc, etc, etc.

It was all a ruse for not being "outted" in college.

Do I "know" this as true in regards to Te'o? Absolutely not. But it answers every question that Scott asks.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because hes ******* loony tunes is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Are all the islanders coming to the rescue to try and save this guys image or something?
That bothers you because it goes against what you're trying to believe?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

too much talk, not enough funny

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see both sides. Right now I'm still baffled that somebody could be this gullible and get played like this for SO long, but on the other hand I guess it is plausible

has an online gf that he talks to on the phone(no facetime, skype wtf...) but whatever. After awhile his friends, team mates are probably just like "dude how long have you been talking to this girl? Have you even seen her in person yet" so he just makes up lies about visiting her and seeing her in Hawaii to spare some embarrassment to the fact that the relationship is simply just phone convos
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That bothers you because it goes against what you're trying to believe?
The guy is a ******* liar...if you can't see that you are delusional.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
But there is plenty of reason to believe Te'o. From everything we know about him this would be a major, major divergence for a person who up until now has always been considered to be of impeccable character. Also, we know people go out and make fake online persona's, get into relationships and mislead people. It happens a lot. So much so that they've made movies and television shows about it. We also have many reports backing up his story, from former teammates, former opponents and others who even claim to have met the person pretending to be "Lennay Kekua". Yet to hear a logical motive for why Te'o would risk everything to do this.
He could be ***. Perhaps people close to him know this. His family and some friends. Maybe they want to protect him and are providing conflicting information.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But there is plenty of reason to believe Te'o. From everything we know about him this would be a major, major divergence for a person who up until now has always been considered to be of impeccable character. Also, we know people go out and make fake online persona's, get into relationships and mislead people. It happens a lot. So much so that they've made movies and television shows about it. We also have many reports backing up his story, from former teammates, former opponents and others who even claim to have met the person pretending to be "Lennay Kekua". Yet to hear a logical motive for why Te'o would risk everything to do this.
Why is his character so impeccable? Maybe he didn't have character concerns, but what the hell has he done to be considered impeccable?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's just so many things that don't sit right with me here for the "Te'o was duped" angle.

His girlfriend of several years is in the hospital and he doesn't visit?

The love of his life passes away and he neither attends the funeral (understandable) nor visits the gravesite (not understandable)?

Notre Dame played at USC in late November and Te'o never thought to meet his dead girlfriend's parents (who were ostensibly from LA)?

If someone you dearly love is sick, dying, or dead, these are things you do, right? I mean, assuming you're a normal, reasonable person.

I mean, if people were trying to pull a fast one over on Te'o, no matter how elaborate the hoax was, he should have found out about it much earlier than he reportedly did.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
packfan88
Rookie

packfan88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Scott, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but i Have read arguments from both sides and a lot does not add up from Teo's side. Suppose he was duped, as he claims and as you are defending him for, why would they spend the money to fly out to Hawaii if they were not going to extort him for some money or other incentive in return. And a previous poster, most likely you again Scott, said maybe these people were trying to hoax him out of money from his first NFL contract, but if that were the case why would they kill her off if they had wanted to get money out of him from his first contract? If they really were as patient and persistent as you claim them to be, why could they not just wait a few months to get money from him after he got drafted rather then kill her off? Basically the point I am trying to raise with that last question is why do all this for three years to get money from him from his first NFL contract, but then just kill her off less then a year before he is supposed to actually get paid? For as much as you claim there to be flaws in the arguments against Teo, there are plenty of flaws in your defense of him. In however way this story ends this does not look good on Teo at all and I certainly hope Green Bay passes on him if he happens to fall that far. He is not mentally or emotionally stable.
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
But the way you're putting your blinders on to anything that doesn't fit your blatantly biased narrative is causing you to make some cringe-worthy posts.
It saddens me if I'm coming off as "cringe-worthy".

I'd be making the same case if this were Tim Tebow.

Was just sitting at the computer working on the new mock draft and thought I'd get a little active on the forums. I guess this is why I tend to stay away for the most part and should probably continue to do so in the future.

If Te'o was complicit in all of this I will grab a pitchfork and storm the castle gates just like everyone else seems to be. I just haven't seen any compelling evidence or motive to not give Te'o the benefit of the doubt, especially with more and more evidence mounting that backs up his story.

Only time will tell and now that this has gotten so much attention the media will undoubtedly get to the bottom of it and bring all of the facts to light.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Why is his character so impeccable? Maybe he didn't have character concerns, but what the hell has he done to be considered impeccable?
This ruse is part of the reason he was thought to have impeccable character

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone can find him talking about her after December 16th or whatever, wouldn't that be the proverbial nail in the coffin?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Are all the islanders coming to the rescue to try and save this guys image or something?
Come on, that was unnecessary and borderline offensive. Let's steer clear of that stuff.

Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
If anyone can find him talking about her after December 16th or whatever, wouldn't that be the proverbial nail in the coffin?
He has. He did it leading up to the title game

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
There's just so many things that don't sit right with me here for the "Te'o was duped" angle.

His girlfriend of several years is in the hospital and he doesn't visit?

The love of his life passes away and he neither attends the funeral (understandable) nor visits the gravesite (not understandable)?

Notre Dame played at USC in late November and Te'o never thought to meet his dead girlfriend's parents (who were ostensibly from LA)?

If someone you dearly love is sick, dying, or dead, these are things you do, right? I mean, assuming you're a normal, reasonable person.

I mean, if people were trying to pull a fast one over on Te'o, no matter how elaborate the hoax was, he should have found out about it much earlier than he reportedly did.
Yeah, it is just hard to believe he was a complete victim out of this. I know there are some really dumb people out there, but Te'o doesn't strike me as this clueless to get duped for this long without raising a stink at SOME point
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
This ruse is part of the reason he was thought to have impeccable character
Right, but if that's false, then it's not at all a divergence from his impeccable character as Scott had said. It means that he was never impeccable.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I can see both sides. Right now I'm still baffled that somebody could be this gullible and get played like this for SO long, but on the other hand I guess it is plausible

has an online gf that he talks to on the phone(no facetime, skype wtf...) but whatever. After awhile his friends, team mates are probably just like "dude how long have you been talking to this girl? Have you even seen her in person yet" so he just makes up lies about visiting her and seeing her in Hawaii to spare some embarrassment to the fact that the relationship is simply just phone convos
No, my friend, I don't think it is plausible. I just don't buy that angle.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And then there's this: http://pepperonsports.tumblr.com/pos...dia-blew-it-up

Quote:
The sports world suffered a twitter-breaking case of shock and awe today with Deadspin’s piece detailing what appears to be the phony story concocted about the late girlfriend of Notre Dame star linebacker Manti Te’o. While the American public and the media sure felt duped, one of Te’o’s teammates wasn’t surprised, telling PepperOnSports.com that the players on the Fighting Irish football team smelled something fishy back in September 2012.

The Notre Dame football player, who asked for anonymity, told Pepper On Sports, “No we all knew he had only seen her once. But when the media was saying how he went through both deaths we knew,” said the source, referring to the back-to-back deaths of Te’o’s grandmother and girlfriend Lennay Kekua, who allegedly died of Leukemia.

In defense of the Heisman Trophy candidate, the source said he believes the lie may have indeed started with somebody duping Te’o using a phony twitter account, and eventually, faking their own death.

Early in my conversation with the source, the Notre Dame player said, “He lied, but the media blew it up.” In response to my follow-up question asking if the source thought that Te’o kept the story going because of the media attention, the player replied, “Yeah. Right after the Michigan [State] game. He should have never brought her in the media. His grandma passing was enough.”

Notre Dame’s victory over Michigan State and subsequent media explosion appears to have been the turning point for the source and many of his teammates.

The source said while the players discussed their suspicions amongst themselves, they never confronted Te’o.

“We would never bring it up. But we would look at him when he would get all emotional during media about his girl,” the player said.

When asked if he thought Te’o was a good actor, the player replied, “Very good.”
That sounds pretty plausible, IMO. Te'o was duped, found out that he was duped, but lied to the media and ran with the lie because it was good for his personal image and his team's momentum.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Come on, that was unnecessary and borderline offensive. Let's steer clear of that stuff.
I realized that after I said, my apologies. I just don't buy the act.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lmao a *** mormon football player that plays for notre dame. you cant make this **** up.

This is one of the funniest things ive ever seen happen in sports. Theres no going back form this he just needs to come out the closet.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
And then there's this: http://pepperonsports.tumblr.com/pos...dia-blew-it-up

That sounds pretty plausible, IMO. Te'o was duped, found out that he was duped, but lied to the media and ran with the lie because it was good for his personal image and his team's momentum.
That's what I was thinking. He was duped, but he found out about it and then went along with it in the end for whatever reasons
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
That's what I was thinking. He was duped, but he found out about it and then went along with it in the end for whatever reasons
add up the facts man stop being naive. This would've been the perfect cover up to why he doesn't have a wife or girlfriend for the foreseeable future.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

From Lance Zierlein of the Houston Chronicle.

Quote:
@LanceZierlein "Looks like Te'o was telling the truth about being duped. Check this guy's time-line out: @justinrmegahan"

Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And a lot of us accusing him of being *** isn't?

It's a valid point. Minorities stick up for each other.