Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Right now everyone associated with this on twitter are all pointing to NotMarques Tuiasasopo. Either they're all lying, he has a ton of free time and an amazing girl voice, or......
The easiest way to do it is to use a (female) friend to do the conversing.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
"And before she passed, I don't know it's kind of creepy, but she wrote letters for me"

The **** does he mean by that?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I don't think there is a single explanation for this story that doesn't make Manti Teo look bad in some way (more serious than just a bit embarrassing).
I think there is a significant difference between being gullible / naive and actively perpetrating what some are accusing Te'o of. I agree that either way Te'o is going to be the punch line to jokes for the rest of his life, which will be a real shame if his only crime was being too trusting.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Old 01-17-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is *** then?
https://twitter.com/ronaiahhh/status/8538182326

not sure if srs but maybe.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I think there is a significant difference between being gullible / naive and actively perpetrating what some are accusing Te'o of. I agree that either way Te'o is going to be the punch line to jokes for the rest of his life, which will be a real shame if his only crime was being too trusting.
If it lasted two weeks or less I could give him being too trusting. But three years, that's just flat out stupid. If things are getting that serious, or at least you think they are, wouldn't you want to see more than just a picture. He's 21 years old, he grew up with the internet, he should know better.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody is going to great lengths to try to make this seem like Lennay actually existed. Do a quick google search of "Lennay Marie Wochinski". You will find someone is copy and pasting a response to every one of these articles stating Lennay Kekua's real name was "Lennay Marie Wochinski" and Kekua was her professional name.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but then he kept it up after the news of it being fake kept going.
There would be a lot more sympathy if not for that.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF is a Twitter? /i'mold
Old 01-17-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
If it lasted two weeks or less I could give him being too trusting. But three years, that's just flat out stupid. If things are getting that serious, or at least you think they are, wouldn't you want to see more than just a picture. He's 21 years old, he grew up with the internet, he should know better.
I'm not saying he wasn't naive, there is no debating that.

But who are we to say the way people should handle their relationships? If his faith eliminated certain physical activities from the equation maybe it's not so absurd that they didn't see each other. Also, there WAS a girl involved in this pretending to be the person he thought he was talking to. It's not like this was done completely through e-mails, texts and Twitter. Others even met her and a phone call from that person after she supposedly died is what caused Te'o to alert Notre Dame and start the investigation. Read that article I posted from Eric Hansen of the South Bend Tribune, which details the time line.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Somebody is going to great lengths to try to make this seem like Lennay actually existed. Do a quick google search of "Lennay Marie Wochinski". You will find someone is copy and pasting a response to every one of these articles stating Lennay Kekua's real name was "Lennay Marie Wochinski" and Kekua was her professional name.
Notre Dame....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-17-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not saying he wasn't naive, there is no debating that.

But who are we to say the way people should handle their relationships? If his faith eliminated certain physical activities from the equation maybe it's not so absurd that they didn't see each other. Also, there WAS a girl involved in this pretending to be the person he thought he was talking to. It's not like this was done completely through e-mails, texts and Twitter. Others even met her and a phone call from that person after she supposedly died is what caused Te'o to alert Notre Dame and start the investigation. Read that article I posted from Eric Hansen of the South Bend Tribune, which details the time line.
His faith doesn't prevent him from seeing her in person or online.

And I did read that article you posted. That only makes your argument worse as his own father claims Manti met with her multiple times
Quote:
"They started out as just friends," Brian Teo added. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Dunno why someone feels so compelled to keep posting it, but it's a Seinfeld reference:

http://www.seinology.com/scripts/script-11.shtml

Quote:
RAY: Iíve got to get going. I have a class.

GEORGE: Oh ho! Class, huh? At Columbia? Let me tell you something, pal. I called the registrarís office. I checked you out. They have no record of a Ray Thomas at that school! You liar!

RAY: Well, thatís because Iím registered under my full legal name, Raymond Thomas Wochinski. Ray Thomas is my professional name.

GEORGE: You mean alias.

RAY: You are starting to make me angry!
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got this off the P.

Investigator: So you met your gf at the Stanford game?

Manti: Yes, I met her at Stanford.

Investigator: So you met your gf off the Internet?

Manti: Yes, I met her off on the Internet.

Investigator: Now you see something, now you see now.... You done ****** up, you know that, don't you? See what I'm saying? You done ****** up now. You know that right, you done ****** up now.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Dunno why someone feels so compelled to keep posting it, but it's a Seinfeld reference:

I'm a little bit ashamed I didn't catch that right away, but that is awesome.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oh, man. Everyone's bringing the funny on this one, lol.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well now... I feel like the gullible one...

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Seriously, I can't believe I missed that. That is the best thing about this story. Big props to whoever's doing that.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good G'd, 538 and counting posts on a who really cares issue. Who cares if he can play football and be a stud. He can date his mother for all I care.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
His faith doesn't prevent him from seeing her in person or online.

And I did read that article you posted. That only makes your argument worse as his own father claims Manti met with her multiple times
It's too early to tell what the truth and reality here was, but I'm going to take a stab and say he was definitely not in on all this, and he even lied to his dad about how they met and continued to meet, which in reality was entirely online. He comes from a religious family, it isn't a stretch to imagine he'd do this as it is a pretty unorthodox way to meet someone for such a family.

Not thinking it was a hoax, he then continued to tell the story like it was more normal than just an Internet relationship, not thinking it would ever be proven wrong as she was meant to be dead. Now it was a hoax, Manti's secret is being exposed, but I doubt it is as elaborate as many people seem to be saying it is. He is probably just a sheltered kid typical of such an upbringing who let himself get a little carried away with a hoaxer online.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Thought this was an interesting perspective from Yahoo's Pat Forde:

Quote:
Perhaps he simply embellished aspects of the relationship because, frankly, it would be embarrassing for a star athlete to tell the truth: I corresponded with this girl online and, no, I've never actually met her.

It would take a remarkable level of naivetť to be sucked in by the perpetrators of this hoax, but Te'o could be that guy. At the risk of stereotyping, I'll offer this conjecture: Te'o is a Mormon, and there are a lot of LDS members who lack significant romantic experience when entering young adulthood. Courtship might have been a novel and/or highly idealized concept. Physical interaction might not have been at the top of his relationship wish list.
Quote:
Deadspin, too, must be willing to make an accounting of itself. The website said it went to the following lengths to round out its story: "We called a cellphone for Manti Te'o, but the number we had is not accepting calls. Brian Te'o, Manti's father, was in a meeting when we called, according to a text message he sent in response. Ronaiah Tuiasosopo [believed to be behind the hoax] did not answer his phone or respond to multiple text messages. We left a message with Notre Dame earlier this afternoon. We'll update with comments when and if we get any."

Deadspin did not wait to hear from Notre Dame, which had investigated the hoax. But it did quote an anonymous friend of Tuiasosopo saying he was "80 percent sure" that Manti Te'o was "in on it," and that the two perpetrated Lennay Kekua's death with publicity in mind.

That's a significant, character-assassinating allegation to pin on a source who is "80 percent sure."
Full column is at http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...045713273.html

Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
What I can't grasp, Tuiasosopo prank or not...

Why was Te'o telling the twitterverse to add his "girlfriend's" sister, claiming she was "one of the realest people I know."?
That's a very good question.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:

Scott, are you not even considering the POSSIBILITY that Te'o might have been in on this charade?

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:

If true, he still could have just said they broke up and no one would have known. Faking her death and living up the media hype that came with it was dumb as ****.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:

As a guy who was very often mistaken for a Mormon in high school due to various reasons, I can attest to this. These slow moving courtships over the Internet/mail/phone are the norm for many Mormon males.

Oldie but a goodie.
Closed Thread