Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@lancearmstrong
At least I didn't lie about a dead girlfriend.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, so I'm supposed to believe that someone was playing a three year long practical joke on Te'o? It isn't just any joke either, it would've taken an unbelievable amount of commitment to keep it up for more than a few days, much less three years.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Wait, so I'm supposed to believe that someone was playing a three year long practical joke on Te'o? It isn't just any joke either, it would've taken an unbelievable amount of commitment to keep it up for more than a few days, much less three years.
And while he was receiving and education at a school like Notre Dame.
And being considered a Heisman candidate.
And being broadcast on ever channel that would air it.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-16-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad Manti Te'o's fake dead girlfriend isn't around to see this.

This one got me lol

#MoncriefArmy
Old 01-16-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think today is the greatest day in the history of twitter.
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
I'm glad Manti Te'o's fake dead girlfriend isn't around to see this.

This one got me lol
Havent seen original sources for these:

If Manti Te'o was in on this, he just took the biggest heel turn since Hulk Hogan became Hollywood Hogan

If you think it's impressive that AJ McCarron's girlfriend was Miss Alabama 2012, Manti Te'o's girlfriend was Miss Narnia 2009, 2010 & 2011.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Until someone gives me a logical reason for why Te'o would be involved with something like this I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and considering him the victim of a hoax.

Didn't need sympathy because his Grandma actually did die. Certainly didn't need publicity because Notre Dame and their players get plenty of it even in a bad year but especially when they are undefeated. I wonder if this at least partially explains why Te'o played so poorly in the BCS National Championship since Te'o supposedly found out about this in late Decemember. Have to imagine it's difficult to wrap your mind around something like that happening to you, not to mention the embarrassment. Bottom line is I don't expect this to significantly impact his draft stock if at all, unless of course it comes out that he was actively involved. Just don't understand why he would be considering what we know about him.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 01-16-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if Te'o was the victim of a hoax, at some point he decided to embellish the stoy with visits, convos with the hospital, etc.

He made it 1000x worse than it already was.

I just can't believe in this day and age that a 21 year old is that un-interwebz savvy.

AJ McCarron met his GF online too. Eventually you have to confirm that relationship, not pretend inside your head.

Digression......!
McCarron's mom is Cougar Town!!!
(One in the middle.)

I think Te'o is less the victim in this scenario and more likely a co-conspirator.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could he be a victim when he met her after the Stanford game? I'm for giving the benefit of the doubt and won't make full judgments until this story is investigated further but it's hard to not doubt Te'o right now.

If nothing else, Notre Dame and Te'o have been covering it up for weeks now.

Last edited by Forenci : 01-16-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

scott pls go
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Until someone gives me a logical reason for why Te'o would be involved with something like this I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and considering him the victim of a hoax.

Didn't need sympathy because his Grandma actually did die. Certainly didn't need publicity because Notre Dame and their players get plenty of it even in a bad year but especially when they are undefeated. I wonder if this at least partially explains why Te'o played so poorly in the BCS National Championship since Te'o supposedly found out about this in late Decemember. Have to imagine it's difficult to wrap your mind around something like that happening to you, not to mention the embarrassment. Either way I don't expect this to significantly impact his draft stock if at all, unless it comes out that he was actively involved.
Just looking at everything he has said, it would be damn near impossible to pull off without him being involved in it in some fashion.
Meeting at Stanford, meeting in Hawaii, phone calls etc.
FOR THREE YEARS.
I can barely do a prank phone call that lasts 3 minutes.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not giving the benefit of ****...the guy has "met" her in person...how do you meet fake dead girlfriend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Im not giving the benefit of ****...the guy has "met" her in person...how do you meet fake dead girlfriend?
Manti Te'o is actually Bruce Willis from the Sixth Sense.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
THree years he was hyping this fake GF??
I had no idea. That's Casey Anthony territory.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Boy, all you middle linebackers get all the good looking imaginary girlfriends."

Sig by Matthew Jones
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Manti Te'o is actually Bruce Willis from the Sixth Sense.
Wouldn't he be Osment and his GF Bruce Willis?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
THree years he was hyping this fake GF??
I had no idea. That's Casey Anthony territory.
He hasnt been hyping it for 3 years. He just says they met 3 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If ya'll havent, you should really read the deadspin article on it. The connections between Te'o and the people involved are ridiculous. There's no way this wasn't a publicity stunt between him and his team.
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post

Didn't need sympathy because his Grandma actually did die. Certainly didn't need publicity because Notre Dame and their players get plenty of it even in a bad year but especially when they are undefeated. I wonder if this at least partially explains why Te'o played so poorly in the BCS National Championship since Te'o supposedly found out about this in late Decemember. Have to imagine it's difficult to wrap your mind around something like that happening to you, not to mention the embarrassment. Bottom line is I don't expect this to significantly impact his draft stock if at all, unless of course it comes out that he was actively involved. Just don't understand why he would be considering what we know about him.
How dumb do you have to be to fall for it for 3 years? 3 years.

This isn't a summer fling, but a supposed relationship over a 3 year period, where he never once spoke to her on something like Skype or in person. This is 2013, not 1993. Either that is being extremely gullible or being dumb enough to try to pull such a hoax.

I'm not sure which case is worse.
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Wouldn't he be Osment and his GF Bruce Willis?
SHUT UP JERK IT WAS A CRAPPY MOVIE!

But yeah, probably.
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Just looking at everything he has said, it would be damn near impossible to pull off without him being involved in it in some fashion.
Meeting at Stanford, meeting in Hawaii, phone calls etc.
FOR THREE YEARS.
I can barely do a prank phone call that lasts 3 minutes.
Perhaps he was embarrassed to admit that he found his girlfriend on the internet and that they had never met in person? Can you imagine the headlines and jokes that would have elicited even if she turned out to be real. Just playing Devil's Advocate.

Like I said, I am waiting for someone to provide a logical motive.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
How could he be a victim when he met her after the Stanford game? I'll for giving the benefit of the doubt and won't make full judgments until this story is investigated further but it's hard to not doubt Te'o right now.

If nothing else, Notre Dame and Te'o have been covering it up for weeks now.
If it was just someone pretending to be girl he met at the Stanford game, then why did he think she was calling/texting from a different number than the one she gave him?
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made this real quick

Quote:
A delusional young guy strikes up an unconventional relationship with a doll he finds on the Internet.
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also he said he found out that she dies from his brother. How is that even possible? Also, he never visited her grave or went to the funeral? Benefit of the doubt my ass.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just too much hilarious right now

#MoncriefArmy
Closed Thread