Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Not sure which post you're agreeing with.
I'm with you on this one, actually hahaha. For realsies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

freaking lame nfl damn.. Gore fined 10k for lowered shocks. Stupid nfl, just stupid.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...ks-source-says
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I just saw this today:

And there's an interesting blog post to go along with the video:

I've always figured that drills like this will show up at the combine someday. I wonder how Kaepernick's performance would have compared to other QBs?
I'd love to see such a drill in the Combine. The only thing is that he says Kaepernick should've been picked over Cam Newton because of his results in the drills; Cam Newton never participated in the drills. Although its a scientific method of evaluation, its not a scientific method of comparison.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
freaking lame nfl damn.. Gore fined 10k for lowered shocks. Stupid nfl, just stupid.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...ks-source-says
It says in the article that he's already been fined for it...

Stupid Frank Gore, just stupid.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought his socks fell down.

Also why wasn't Tom Brady fined for wearing Red shoes?

Bears player fined for wearing Orange, but not Brady?
Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady fined.

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Patriots QB Tom Brady was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness in the AFC championship game, I'm told. Came on the Ed Reed slide

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No for the shoes, not the kick.

well should be for both. I just don't understand the nfl. Colored shoes are only okay if you are Brady?
Old 01-23-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But that isn't true.

And saying "i'm not massively interested in this game" isn't bashing the 49ers.
Fair enough but at the same time, you should say why you're not interested in the game. Whether people want to admit it or not, its usually just because their favorite team isnt playing in the Super Bowl. Other than that, people shouldnt even care who wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I'm pissed off at the Niners for spanking my team, and I hate the Niners now for it.
But Dashon Goldson and Vern Davis are the only players I hate on that team.....although I don't like Jim Harbaugh.

Still, I am very much looking forward to this game because if anyone has a defense that can deal with this new Kaeped Krusader at QB, I think it might be the Ravens. It should be a great game, and with some good defense along the way, something I am UNaccustomed to witnessing.

I still don't know what happened with Ray Lewis and the 2 dead people so I don't hold that against him..... and I like Boldin a lot, Ed Reed, Ngata... don't like Bernie Pollard, but if he puts one of those Ridley hits on Vernon Davis, he might win me over.... I wish there was a way Pollard & Goldson could knock each other out..... both are head & ACL-hunters.

See, this right here, I can understand. After all, I hated the Packers when Favre/Freeman beat my 49ers with that damn inside slant that even a blind person could see coming. Like I have said, its always because the person who's team isnt in the Super Bowl that bashes the team(s) that are or because one of the teams beat that said person's team to get to the Super Bowl. Kaeped Krusader? I like that. LOL.

Why do you hate Goldson, Davis and Harbaugh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
This is dumb. Is it true for some people? Absolutely. But it couldn't be farther from the truth for me, and the same could be said for many other posters here too. You seem to confuse 'bashing' the game, with genuine disinterest.
Fair enough but I just want to know why people arent interested in the game. Most people just never say why and if they do, its just a fanboy response due to one of the two teams beating that said person's favorite team.

You say you have genuine disinterest but why?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Why does it matter to you?
Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I'd love to see such a drill in the Combine. The only thing is that he says Kaepernick should've been picked over Cam Newton because of his results in the drills; Cam Newton never participated in the drills. Although its a scientific method of evaluation, its not a scientific method of comparison.
Yeah, that irked me a bit. I'm guessing that Cam would have done just fine in that drill.

I think that a few cutting-edge teams are going to start running something similar to that during their private workouts, and then some variation will show up at the combine in maybe a decade.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Fair enough but at the same time, you should say why you're not interested in the game. Whether people want to admit it or not, its usually just because their favorite team isnt playing in the Super Bowl. Other than that, people shouldnt even care who wins.
Can you not read? Everyone, including me, has said why they aren't interested in this game. And also I "should say why" and I "shouldn't care who wins"? Really? Is that some sort of obligation? I didn't know dan77733 made the forum rules around here...

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

See, this right here, I can understand. After all, I hated the Packers when Favre/Freeman beat my 49ers with that damn inside slant that even a blind person could see coming. Like I have said, its always because the person who's team isnt in the Super Bowl that bashes the team(s) that are or because one of the teams beat that said person's team to get to the Super Bowl. Kaeped Krusader? I like that. LOL.

Why do you hate Goldson, Davis and Harbaugh?

Fair enough but I just want to know why people arent interested in the game. Most people just never say why and if they do, its just a fanboy response due to one of the two teams beating that said person's favorite team.

I've explained why I don't care. Go back and read my posts.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Why does it matter to you?
Two reasons - first, just want to know if its more than just hating either or both teams because one of those teams beat that said person's favorite team or if there's actual substace to it. Second reason is that it keeps the conversation about football going which is why I joined this site seven years ago to begin with.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Don't really care about either team, just want to watch a good game.

No blowouts, just hard hits and good running.

Like the Pats and Giants don't care for their SB games, but the last 2 have been pretty good.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Can you not read? Everyone, including me, has said why they aren't interested in this game. And also I "should say why" and I "shouldn't care who wins"? Really? Is that some sort of obligation? I didn't know dan77733 made the forum rules around here...
All I have seen from you is bashing me for being a 49ers fan which tells me you're just a sore loser that the Packers were beat by the 49ers. But if you want to tell me what page you said why you're not interested in the game, I'll go read it.

Quote:
I will.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Two reasons - first, just want to know if its more than just hating either or both teams because one of those teams beat that said person's favorite team or if there's actual substace to it. Second reason is that it keeps the conversation about football going which is why I joined this site seven years ago to begin with.
That doesn't really answer my question. I mean, why do you need to know why people dislike your team? What possible difference could it make to you? They're in the Super Bowl. How is that not enough?

To your second point, I totally agree that the sexiest QB discussion has gotten stale. Let's switch it up and talk sexiest RB. Does Adrian Peterson have any real competition? Reggie Bush maybe?
Old 01-23-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Reggie Bush, definitely.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Unless I missed it, all I see is you saying Go Ravens and that you were happy the 49ers beat the Falcons because you're a Buccaneers fan and that you became a Buccaneers fan because of their 2002 defense. I would think that what could be a possible defensive battle would be ideal for you. I guess not.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
That doesn't really answer my question. I mean, why do you need to know why people dislike your team? What possible difference could it make to you? They're in the Super Bowl. How is that not enough?

To your second point, I totally agree that the sexiest QB discussion has gotten stale. Let's switch it up and talk sexiest RB. Does Adrian Peterson have any real competition? Reggie Bush maybe?
I dont care if people dislike my team. Means nothing to me. I want to know if there's more to not caring about the Super Bowl than just that.

Oh jeez.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I finally found it. You dont care about the teams. You were hoping Seahawks and Broncos in the Super Bowl. Broncos I can understand with Manning coming back but at the same time, instead of hearing about Lewis, it would be Manning. No difference.

And Seahawks? Seriously? I thought that every Packers fan hated the Seahawks.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I dont care if people dislike my team. Means nothing to me. I want to know if there's more to not caring about the Super Bowl than just that.

Oh jeez.
They all care, or else they wouldn't be here wasting there time.

telling you why they don't care.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I love it. Screw the heart warming stories and people that the media perpetrates into cash consuming propaganda via television ratings. Awww, you mean Golden Boy Manning or Brady won't be in the Super Bowl and we have to deal with Thugs R Us with Ray Lewis and Colin Kaepernick (look at those tattoos!), and Joe Flacco...that guy we hate because he isn't putting up fantasy football statistics and isn't in the MVP running!? Well this Super Bowl is boring then! I mean all we got is a brother vs. brother storyline. That isn't heartwarming enough!

And regarding Jim Harbaugh rubbing people the wrong way...how so? He's not nice to the media? He's not sociable enough? Not a poster boy? Isn't Bill Belichick the same way? Let's keep in mind that these coaches aren't here to make friends and save face. They're here to win football games. A lot of them hate talking to the media, especially after a loss and only do it because they're obligated to in their contract.
First of all I don't know who you're arguing with. I told you why I think many are less excited about this Super Bowl. I don't have any of those opinions.

And Jim harbaugh rubs at least some people the wrong way. You don't agree with that statement lol. Shwartz Carroll and last weeks all-time bad temper tantrum are three reasons off the top of my head. And on real sports he himself admitted that he's hyper competitive and his opponents sometimes have problems. He beaned a 9 yr old because she was crowding the plate lol

If you're a niner fan you love him obviously but the majority of Super Bowl consumers are not.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Reggie Bush, definitely.
That depends on if you're looking for a top or a bottom. Bush is too weak to pound it up the middle, but AD can go All Day.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unless I missed it, all I see is you saying Go Ravens and that you were happy the 49ers beat the Falcons because you're a Buccaneers fan and that you became a Buccaneers fan because of their 2002 defense. I would think that what could be a possible defensive battle would be ideal for you. I guess not.
You missed it. Oh well. It isn't important any way.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
That depends on if you're looking for a top or a bottom. Bush is too weak to pound it up the middle, but AD can go All Day.
Bush may not be that workhorse type, but he's a lot more explosive.

RIP themaninblack